• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Downton Abbey Mafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Okay, thank you. I just wanted to make sure that was your only reason. Thanks to this I am quite sure you guys are not a Cult. I was suspecting it before, but now it seems less fishy, so to speak.

They still could be a cult, though. Neighbourizer makes sense, but everything could also add up perfectly for them to be a cult. Neighbourizer is a somewhat rare role around here, so it could be pretty easy to fakeclaim.

Why would I go aftermy own cult leader if it was a cult? That's rather silly.

As a diversion. Make yourself look good once he turned out to be anti-town.

That said, though, I'm willing to believe the Neighbourizer claim (for now). Cult makes sense, but I think it's more likely that they're all telling the truth.

Blackkirby

Proud Jesus Freak !
Yeah that's defiantly a possibility that its a cult but I don't think that's so because it just seams a bit obscure. I don't think he could pulling a fake claim since he does have two people saying that they are in his group thing but they could be cultists trying to keep themselves from suspicion.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Or, one other idea, they could be mafia. Because neighborizer is such a little-used roll, they could argue themselves as neighbors to grow town cred, and even if one was killed and revealed to be mafia, they could say that they were just neighborized scum.
Only a theory. I have no reasons to think they're scum, but I may as well throw it out there just in case.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Or, one other idea, they could be mafia. Because neighborizer is such a little-used roll, they could argue themselves as neighbors to grow town cred, and even if one was killed and revealed to be mafia, they could say that they were just neighborized scum.
Only a theory. I have no reasons to think they're scum, but I may as well throw it out there just in case.
:krool::mellow:

David

But you called me here...

No reason to think they're scum, yet you still theorize that they are scum?

I think that this whole role claiming is the truth. Unless the Mafia has been planning this out since Night 0 (which would be an amazing feat in and of itself), their motives seem just normal and pro town to me. Neighborizer is a fascinating role, and might just be it, but we will not no until someone actually dies.

I really believe that these conversations and theories about how the roles and claims work are just confusing and anti-productive. I really do. Questioning what was happening was good until people started offering other solutions with little to no basis. We've had so many ideas and such thrown around that there has been little to no scum hunting happening yet. We need to trust what happened. We've had Mafia die, a third party (though survivor, yes) die, and we know that there are town. There can be little factions within the town like Johnny is claiming. Why? Because we're playing Downton Abbey mafia. The show is basically about a rich family and their servants (taking some liberties here), so of course there will be gossip and such going on in the halls between the servants, or other characters.

Anyway. I'm trusting Johnny, Repentance, and Lady of the Leaves for now. They seem very trustworthy and very pro-town.

Now, for suspicions. I still find DekuNut to be the most suspicious right now.

I need to readDay Two. I apologize for my silence yesterday... I wasn't getting any notifications.
So I'll say what I think when I'm caught up.

Thanks so much for posting your thoughts about Day Two! I was really looking forward to reading them. (Sarcasm is sarcasm) Seriously, you didn't want to weigh in on Day Two even after saying that you were going to? Ok.

Haven't read anything below this yet, but wanted to say this before I forget:
The role still hurts the mafia. He WANTS the godfather lynched, and, if I were scum, I'd rather have our bulletproof and/or investigation-proof godfather than a goon.

From the wiki:

"The Usurper is a Mafia role that wins if it outlives its allied Mafia Godfather. This Win Condition is in addition to the normal Mafia Win Condition. Thus, the Usurper must simultaneously work toward the ordinary Mafia win while intentionally bussing one of its power roles. If the Godfather outlives the Usurper or if the Godfather lives to endgame, the Usurper loses even if the rest of the Mafia wins."

Yes, he would want the Godfather lynched. But, the role doesn't really hurt the mafia if the Godfather doesn't die as the Usurper's win conditions are only in case the mafia wins. If the rest of the mafia doesn't find out, then the Usurper can keep working to bus the Godfather and then essentially win if the Godfather does fall.

I'm guessing that the "you guys hate me" is the softclaim. So probably claiming Hated Townie... which would be impossible unless it were an invisible vote, which would be stupid. Unless he meant miller, which I doubt. Which means he's either lying or I misread the softy.
Since we aren't allowed to full-claim, I just want you to vote once for yes and vote twice for no. Okay? :P

So, in other words, that's a yes. I under thought it, but yes.
My problem with this claim, though, is that usually it shows in the vote count when this happens. Thoughts from other people?

Thanks for that, Music. A little more believable if that's true then, but I'll remain skeptical.

Gummy da fuq

I sense Dragon Tales... good man, Rep.

Oh, wait, that's K. Rool? What?
*Has played two Donkey Kong games*

Oh, wait... ZD smilies
*facepalm*
I knew he was a crocodile.

So, now why do I go through the trouble of mentioning all of this? Because of something interesting that happens with a Mafia Usurper within the mafia. They tend to want to kill the Godfather, and sometimes it is more obvious and quick than others. I took a look back through the tread and found Lady of the Leaves' post with her initial thoughts on why Scarfed was Mafia. Now, here are where things get interesting. Scarfed said this (and you can go to the post I linked to to verify if you wish):

"I must say Dekunut is giving me strong mafia vibes." - Wait, DekuNut? "Strong mafia vibes" from DekuNut? Well, wow.

"I want to hear why Mellow Ezlo and Dekunut joined the bandwagon though." (the bandwagon was for AliT) - This line throws the blame on Mellow Ezlo and DekuNut. (Again with DekuNut).

Now, I find it interesting that DekuNut mentioned how harmful a Usurper is to the mafia, why? Hmmm...

So, here's the kicker. I have a strong hunch based on the above quoted posts and general behavior of DekuNut to believe that he is in fact Mafia. It is such a strong feeling. It really is. I would like to say that he is the Godfather, but I don't have that information. I felt he was suspicious from day one given his lack of wanting to be serious and other such nonsense. I even voted for him during day one for his behavior and he followed flat out with a vote on me and accusing me of being so sure that he and Scafed were "in on it together." The whole response was very very interesting. Now with that in mind, guess what, Scarfed was mafia.

Vote: DekuNut

Pen

The game is on!
I would like to point out that I think David does make some good points about DN. I might be willing to help you out with this lynch, however I would first like to see DN's defense.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I, for one, have been extremely suspicious of Pendio all game. He's given very little input that actually contributed, he seems to just be agreeing with people or questioning people, but not really putting in any input of his own.

However, that being said, I find Sadia's behaviour even more suspicious. Like Pendio, she seems to not actually be saying anything, however unlike Pendio, she is very quick to vote/unvote on a whim. So, I'm keeping my vote on Sadia, and

FoS: Pendio

Pen

The game is on!
I actually find myself playing differently this game because of the lynching system. Since we need so many players to be in agreement on whom to lynch (especially this early in the game), some of us need to be flexible, otherwise we will not ever be able to form a successful bandwagon.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
David, I like what you have to say about Dekunut. His play today has us really suspicious of him. While I find my suspicions of Sadia more sure, with the amount of votes required to reach a lynch, I'd be willing to switch over to Dekunut in order to make the lynch go through. Lynches are the town's only way to make real progress and provide evidence, so I think it's in our best interest to unify.

For now I'm keeping the vote on Sadi, until I get some feedback from my friends on what we should do.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
David, I like what you have to say about Dekunut. His play today has us really suspicious of him. While I find my suspicions of Sadia more sure, with the amount of votes required to reach a lynch, I'd be willing to switch over to Dekunut in order to make the lynch go through. Lynches are the town's only way to make real progress and provide evidence, so I think it's in our best interest to unify.

For now I'm keeping the vote on Sadi, until I get some feedback from my friends on what we should do.
Why me? Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I think this is the first time you've shown interest in me/

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
No reason to think they're scum, yet you still theorize that they are scum?
Welcome to the Wonderful World of Paranoia!
Actually, it just popped in my head in the shower. Just decided to throw it on, just in case.

The show is basically about a rich family and their servants (taking some liberties here), so of course there will be gossip and such going on in the halls between the servants, or other characters.
I can believe that. Good reasoning.

Now, for suspicions. I still find DekuNut to be the most suspicious right now.
:(

Thanks so much for posting your thoughts about Day Two! I was really looking forward to reading them. (Sarcasm is sarcasm) Seriously, you didn't want to weigh in on Day Two even after saying that you were going to? Ok.
I... actually forgot about that. I'll admit it.

And by the way, why include my K. Rool posts?

Yes, he would want the Godfather lynched. But, the role doesn't really hurt the mafia if the Godfather doesn't die as the Usurper's win conditions are only in case the mafia wins. If the rest of the mafia doesn't find out, then the Usurper can keep working to bus the Godfather and then essentially win if the Godfather does fall.
Yeah, but if they do find out, then nobody else will be very happy, will they?

"I want to hear why Mellow Ezlo and Dekunut joined the bandwagon though." (the bandwagon was for AliT) - This line throws the blame on Mellow Ezlo and DekuNut. (Again with DekuNut).
Like I said. Pre-serious Day One.

Now, I find it interesting that DekuNut mentioned how harmful a Usurper is to the mafia, why? Hmmm...
Uh... because they are? Just saying, with a kill like that, you can't trust anyone. I know that doesn't put a lot of confidence in me, but it's the truth.

So, here's the kicker. I have a strong hunch based on the above quoted posts and general behavior of DekuNut to believe that he is in fact Mafia.[/QUOTE
And that feeling would be wrong.

I felt he was suspicious from day one given his lack of wanting to be serious and other such nonsense.
Because, for the most part, that's what I do on Day One. Most people do that these days... both of us were resistant to change, David. You wanted a serious Day One, and I did not (even though I can't think of a lot of good puns to play for this one; Korra won for that)

I even voted for him during day one for his behavior and he followed flat out with a vote on me and accusing me of being so sure that he and Scafed were "in on it together." The whole response was very very interesting. Now with that in mind, guess what, Scarfed was mafia.
It was Day One, and I had nowhere else to go. May as well trust no one and jump at my own shadow.

: DekuNut
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom