• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Downton Abbey Mafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
But hey, you can vote for me if you want. You probably all hate me anyway, so I'm sure my lynch would be quick[er] and painless.

Why aren't you more opposed to the lynch?

1) I did indeed get in touch with someone. However, I really don't want to reveal yet. I realize that may seem a little fishy but I would like to protect their interests and identity.
2) It is not an X-shot. I have indefinite use.

Totally understand. Thanks for cooperating.

"A hammer is a vote that leads to the majority needed for a lynch." Google it. (And even if you thought the 10th vote was a hammer, you guys weren't close to 10 votes at all so ?????)

The term "majority" is being misunderstood here. In Mafia, the majority refers to the total amount required to lynch a player; however, the majority can be downsized to a lesser sum if/when the Day runs out. But the hammer doesn't fall until a full majority is reached. That's how it's worked in virtually all Mafia games on this site. I don't see why the definition would change in this case.

Sadia

Have a Punderful Day!
Placing the fifth vote isn't a hammer though. Hammer is the final vote in a lynch that leads to majority, thus ending the

Ohhh you're right, you're right, I'm sorry, I don't know why my brain's not working

Unvote Because I initially thought he was lying in his defense

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Usurper is still pro mafia. The Godfather wins even if he dies if the mafia wins.
Haven't read anything below this yet, but wanted to say this before I forget:
The role still hurts the mafia. He WANTS the godfather lynched, and, if I were scum, I'd rather have our bulletproof and/or investigation-proof godfather than a goon.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I know we weren't close to 10 votes, and I never said we were. Placing the fifth vote isn't a hammer though. Hammer is the final vote in a lynch that leads to majority, thus ending the day. Placing the 5th vote is not a hammer. Placing the 10th vote would be. That's what I was saying.

And yes, I did softclaim, more than once.
I'm guessing that the "you guys hate me" is the softclaim. So probably claiming Hated Townie... which would be impossible unless it were an invisible vote, which would be stupid. Unless he meant miller, which I doubt. Which means he's either lying or I misread the softy.
Since we aren't allowed to full-claim, I just want you to vote once for yes and vote twice for no. Okay? :P

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Why aren't you more opposed to the lynch?

It's not that I'm not opposed to the lynch, that was just my way of throwing in a somewhat subtle softclaim.

I'm guessing that the "you guys hate me" is the softclaim. So probably claiming Hated Townie... which would be impossible unless it were an invisible vote, which would be stupid. Unless he meant miller, which I doubt. Which means he's either lying or I misread the softy.
Since we aren't allowed to full-claim, I just want you to vote once for yes and vote twice for no. Okay? :P

There's more to it than that.

First, look at this:

With 16 alive, it takes 9 votes to lynch.

Then look carefully at these:

But hey, you can vote for me if you want. You probably all hate me anyway, so I'm sure my lynch would be quick[er] and painless. :)

But ya, not sure what more I can say. Oh well, what's the tally now, 4 votes on me? 4 more and I'm dead. Guess you guys do hate me, how upsetting. :coolsar:

Oh wow, just realized I'm already at half majority. Damn, that escalated quickly!

Then think hard. There's your answer.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
So, in other words, that's a yes. I under thought it, but yes.
My problem with this claim, though, is that usually it shows in the vote count when this happens. Thoughts from other people?

Pen

The game is on!
1) I did indeed get in touch with someone. However, I really don't want to reveal yet. I realize that may seem a little fishy but I would like to protect their interests and identity.

Do you think this person would perhaps be willing to reveal himself/herself?

Also, I am quite split in the whole Mezlo thing. Seems like he is soft claiming Hated Townie, but it does not show in the tally, so we really have no proof. As a Mafia member it would be an exquisite fake soft claim. I will have to think about this some more.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
I've never seen a hated townie role before. I checked onto the mafia wiki page, and it does say that the role is lynched with one less vote. A few of you are saying that it would show up on the vote tally though. Could you give an example on how the vote tally should look?

Musicfan

the shadow mage
It would not show up on the vote count as it is not a vote simply due to it not being an extra vote but rather a simple reduction in the requirement to be lynch.

Reactions: Pen

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Isn't an obscure role claim usually a sign of scum? I mean, they aren't going to claim a common role or they'll risk a counter claim. Given we already have two unique roles claimed (whether they're true remains to be seen), would this game have a third?

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
I've been in a few games as Mafia where my team was given the Hated role as a fakeclaim. Think they were Viral games. It's pretty fishy seeing that claim here, too.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I'm just going to mention that my role is also an obscure role (kind of a bastard role), that would also look scummy. Hated townie is of course, also a bastard role. Between my role and Scarfed's role as a Usurper (another bastard role..), I wouldn't even be remotely surprised if there was a Hated Townie. I'm gonna say he's telling the truth.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Do you think this person would perhaps be willing to reveal himself/herself

I don't know. I know if they do, both Jamie and I can confirm. I'm just not ready to share yet because it gives Jamie, them, and me an advantage when it comes to town coordination.

As far as Mezlo, I'll take his claim. My attention is on a couple others right now, but I wanna get a good big picture view first and check some things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom