• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Downton Abbey Mafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pen

The game is on!
So, Repentance, after reading what Johnny had to say, you still think he is the best lynch candidate for today? Personally I am somewhat inclined to vote for him, but everything is still very unclear so it is hard to know. That being said, in this moment I am trusting Rep more than I am trusting Johnny.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
That's actually what I was getting at in my last post, and I think it's quite possible. Not going to rule out the possibility that Rep is telling the truth though, but it's something to keep in mind for sure.

For reference, here is the wiki page for Mr. John Bates. Looking at it, I don't see anything overly scummy about his character, but I didn't have time to look through the whole article so I just skimmed it. Is there even a single person in this game that watches the show and can tell us more about his character?
I explained why he's a good possible SK. Many Downton Abbey fans (including our beautiful game mod), believe that John Bates isn't as "innocent" as he's chalked up to be. He's been accused of two murders (that's serial), and one was by poisoning. Seems extremely convenient.

I can't think of a better lynch candidate. If I am wrong, I'm dead, and I know that. But given part of my role, I don't see myself lasting till the end game anyway so it doesn't really matter. It's honestly safer for the town probably that I die before something like Lylo, otherwise my role could cause the town's loss.

Jamie

Meant to add that it would cause the town's loss due to confusion, not because my role is inherently detrimental to the town.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
It's only logical to lynch the only person we have any sort of information on at this stage. If Rep is wrong then we switch our attention to him, this is how we advance in Mafia games.

Unvote

Vote: Johnny

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Ya, I just read more into the character, and he seems pretty deceptive. I'd be willing to lynch Johnny today, but if he flips town, we know who to look at tomorrow.

But I'd like to give Johnny one more chance to defend himself first.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Like I said, my character does drive someone around, but I'm not anything close to an SK. My ability let's me communicate with people at night and I've done so to talk to Jamie, which is why he suspects me. That being said, my role could help lead to an easy victory for town, provided I can discern which players are scum.

I can't do much otherwise to defend myself, but I'm keeping an eye on who votes for me because it's gonna help me learn who scum is.

So if the town decides to kill me, please use my death as an avenue to victory. I'll help out as I can by seeing who votes for me.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
So what you're proposing is a sensor like ability? I'll have to wait for more information from James because your role seems to coincide with somewhat of a threat, maybe scaring people off from voting you? Could be a coincidence, interesting though.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
If we let you live today Johnny, could you chose to communicate with someone else tonight in order to solidify you're claim?

Yes I could provided I'm not blocked.

So what you're proposing is a sensor like ability? I'll have to wait for more information from James because your role seems to coincide with somewhat of a threat, maybe scaring people off from voting you? Could be a coincidence, interesting though.

That's fine if you want to wait for him. I think that as long as the town doesn't lose out on a good opportunity I'll help to my best. And if I die, town can still benefit by getting an idea of who scum are.

Mido

Version 1
All right, I'm going to have to backtrack a bit before jumping into the meat of the matter at hand. Johnny and Linkdude, thanks for the clarification on the poisoner's credentials! It clears the night situation up slightly. For now, I think DekuNut may be right with what he said about the scene. Now, onto the bigger fish:

Mido has been more active than I've seen in the past, which I appreciate. Though, when he's less active, he usually flips town... I'll be keeping an eye on him, too.

Nightmare Mafia was a gigantic moment of weakness for me in that regard. :( This issue was part of the reason I felt that I regressed as a player last year. I'm definitely going to force a better effort in that regard!

Now, in light of Repentance's discovery, I have to say that I am a tad perplexed! His statements add up to a definite possibility coupled with the information that he recovered. I think that his writings on John Bates cover the most ground:

I explained why he's a good possible SK. Many Downton Abbey fans (including our beautiful game mod), believe that John Bates isn't as "innocent" as he's chalked up to be. He's been accused of two murders (that's serial), and one was by poisoning. Seems extremely convenient.

Now, if we match this to Johnny's recent revelation:

Like I said, my character does drive someone around, but I'm not anything close to an SK. My ability let's me communicate with people at night and I've done so to talk to Jamie, which is why he suspects me. That being said, my role could help lead to an easy victory for town, provided I can discern which players are scum.

I think it may be safe to assume that Johnny is a 3rd Party member, but I find myself dubious as to whether he is the SK; or if an SK is really present at all. If anything, the SK has the best chance of being the lady who appeared to be blocked during the night. This doesn't match Johnny's role. As for the poison situation, Johnny may have a possible connection with it, as it matches Repentance's character study. Otherwise, I do not have a full-blown conclusion.

Jamie

I can confirm Jonnys claim. Him and I are able to talk at any time. However, imo that role is rather neutral. Interesting, but neutral, as if a mafia member joins this group they can also talk to us whenever they please. I could be totally wrong about Jonnys character, and if so, the game mods really screwed with me, and I could totally understand why I'd be lynched as a result. I did say however that because of a condition in my role I will probably be killed before the games end anyway. My role isn't inherently harmful to the town but I could see how it could potentially hurt the town in the endgame, because my role can cause confusion for the town.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
I think that any person who is active would be a good target.

Do you mean to lynch today? And if that's what you're talking about, I want to know why you think that.

I think it may be safe to assume that Johnny is a 3rd Party member, but I find myself dubious as to whether he is the SK; or if an SK is really present at all. If anything, the SK has the best chance of being the lady who appeared to be blocked during the night. This doesn't match Johnny's role. As for the poison situation, Johnny may have a possible connection with it, as it matches Repentance's character study. Otherwise, I do not have a full-blown conclusion.

It's quite possible that the woman was a member of the mafia. I know in Luigi's Mansion, we in the mafia chose one person to perform the kills by night. Sarah O'Brien is described as a master manipulator with a prickly nature. I think she could be in the mafia with Thomas Barrow. They both like to scheme and manipulate others. Beyond those two, I'm not sure who else could be mafia. I'll have to keep studying the wiki.

For now, I believe in Johnny's claim, and I believe Rep as well. Since we still have a few days left, I'm holding off on voting. I want to see what else people have to say.

I'm still pretty suspicious of Scarfed. He didn't sit well with me yesterday, wanting to end the day quickly. And today, his only contribution has been

Hmm I wonder if the reason the Mafia killed Chocolate Storm was because she didn't have any impact. Since day one ended up in a no lynch it's possible that they killed the one who would leave no leads so that they could have an equally unproductive day two.

which is about 0% helpful and something we had already gone over and gotten past talking about.

I'm a little suspicious of musicfan for his comment above, too, but I'll give him a chance to explain himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom