• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Downton Abbey Mafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Pretty interesting how things turned out overnight. Yesterday ended with a no-lynch, and last Night only one person (Chocolate Storm) ended up dying, with another killer role[?] being turned away.

Moreso than the "poisoner" route, I'm greatly curious about the first incident in the Night scene. What could have prevented that occurrence? A protective or manipulative role, perhaps? It seemed more in-depth than any amount of flavor could suggest.

And regarding the poisoner conjecture...

For there to be a poisoner, there would need to be a buffer day. Generally, poisoner kills happen the night after. So if it's a poisoner, then there would have to be a day 0 that power roles would know about.

Johnny brings up an excellent point. Games with Poisoner roles normally require Night 1 to completely pass before the poison kicks in, and the victim dies in the very next Night phase. It could be possible that certain power roles knew of a "Night 0" phase, but I sincerely doubt that'd be the case.

I'm going to discount the possibility of a Poisoner for now, and take the killer's motives with a grain of salt. The fact that someone went after Chocolate Storm, who was hardly active on Day 1, indicates that it was just a random kill. Probably a Mafia knockdown to distract attention from themselves.

David

But you called me here...
I'm honestly a little shocked at the blatant redundancy here. Several people have almost literally repeated the exact same amount of information. "How did she die?", "Why did she die?", and the common "Interesting how things have turned out tonight" are all present.

I get that we have little information and there isn't a ton else to say, but repeating what others have said isn't exactly going to help us out. It just gives me more redundant text to read, though it does help me get a further read on some.

However, I do agree with Justac00lguy's post. I noticed that Lady of the Leaves asked about the why behind the kill, as well. As far as I can remember, Chocolate Storm hardly replied to the game thread yesterday. In fact, a Ctrl-F search reveals that her only activity consisted of literally only 2 posts and 2 likes (likes including this first post about the new smiley and this post about another smiley) from her during the entire first day.

Here are her posts from day one.

I'm also literally clueless about Downton Abbey. I thought it was going to be a romance flick but apparently it isn;t?

I don't see a cause to jump on the bandwagon. I believe Mellow already gave his reasoning for the bandwagon (it's how he plays) and Lady of gave hers as well (good ol Random.org ;p ); what are the others' reasonings? At this rate I think there is a bit of shifty eyed-ness running amok, but it isn't clear whose faces those eyes belong to.

That's all that she said. That's it. Nothing else. When I saw who died, I almost thought she was killed for inactivity since I couldn't specifically remember when she actually posted in the game. So, to answer your question about why she was killed, there is none. There is no information nor evidence for anyone to have a reason to kill her. It was a stab in the dark. I see no motive.

I highly doubt that there was a poisoner. Knowing that the show is in England, I imagine that there is a lot of tea (plus, a Google Search of "Downton Abbey Tea" yields 1.5 million results with the first being actual teas that you can buy branded by the show's name) and that any sort of executioner could have used tea as an easy way to kill someone during the night, especially since Chocolate Storm's character went out for a midnight cup of tea to get to sleep.

Anyway... I firmly believe that it was a blind shot to get Chocolate Storm killed because she showed little to no strength nor suspicion during the last day period.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Well, reading through the night scene, I'm going to guess the woman is a vig or sk, since she appears to be acting alone. I know some mafia games have one person be the killer, so it doesn't completely rule out that it was the mafia's attempt, but I'm leaning more toward the vig or sk. And the way it's written, perhaps a role block happened, since she was walking toward her target and noticed the closed door on the way back to her room. I'm assuming the blocked door is more likely a jailkeeper than a doctor- from my experience playing a jailkeeper, my target was locked up over night. In my experience as a doctor, the other player wasn't locked up anywhere. Is there a character in the show who might make be jailkeeper?

I always find it interesting after night one. You have 3-4 people talking about how Chocolate Storm died and focusing on the poison thing, showing genuine suspicion, and then you have Lady of the Leaves who talks about why he died.

I've seen Mafia do this before, usually at least one will try to justify why someone died.

Vote: Lady of the Leaves

I'll tell you I'm not mafia, but that doesn't mean you'll believe me. There was a death in my family yesterday, so I'm not feeling all that motivated to full on defend myself if a lot of votes pile on me. I will say that I'm more beneficial to the town if I'm alive. And I'll add that I'm feeling very trusting of David at this time, and, unless this is a similar situation to Nightmare Mafia, I think you all should be, too.

Moonstone

I want to add that it looks like there were only two killing roles active last night. I'm thinking either A) we don't have an SK and the woman is the vig, or :cool: the attacker was the SK and the vig didn't use their ability. With the number of players, I would think we have an SK, and I really doubt the SK wouldn't use their power if that role is in the game. There's no reason for an SK not to attack, but there is a reason why the vig wouldn't- if the vig didn't get a good enough read yesterday, they might not want to risk killing a townie by accident. Of course, if justa is correct in his assumption

I'd go with four Mafia and two 3rd party. The rest of us are Town.

there is the possibility that there isn't an SK at all, if the two survivors make up the full 3rd party.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
And the way it's written, perhaps a role block happened, since she was walking toward her target and noticed the closed door on the way back to her room. I'm assuming the blocked door is more likely a jailkeeper than a doctor- from my experience playing a jailkeeper, my target was locked up over night. In my experience as a doctor, the other player wasn't locked up anywhere. Is there a character in the show who might make be jailkeeper?
It could just be flavor. And there's a multitude of roles that could stop it. Redirect, Bus Driver, Role Blocker, Jail Keeper, Doctor, etc.

I want to add that it looks like there were only two killing roles active last night. I'm thinking either A) we don't have an SK and the woman is the vig, or :cool: the attacker was the SK and the vig didn't use their ability. With the number of players, I would think we have an SK, and I really doubt the SK wouldn't use their power if that role is in the game. There's no reason for an SK not to attack, but there is a reason why the vig wouldn't- if the vig didn't get a good enough read yesterday, they might not want to risk killing a townie by accident. Of course, if justa is correct in his assumption

C) SK was roleblocked. Or redirected. Or Bused. Again, plenty of things are possible.

So, I'd like to see an opinion on possible scum from LotL and ALIT

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Eh. Maybe LotL because of what JC suggested earlier but it's not that strong a feeling.

ALiT though, I'm not too sure. Are you thinking he might be because he didn't die night 1?

Moonstone

So, I'd like to see an opinion on possible scum from LotL and ALIT

I'm kind of curious about Sadia. As I've said before, she's usually pretty active. But if she has exams, I can't really fault her for not being online as much. Still, the lack of activity has me keeping an eye on her. Scarfed is also another candidate. I pointed out yesterday his post about wanting to "just hurry up and get it over with so that we could hurry up to day two and have some serious discussion there", which I perceive as very scum way of looking at the day cycle. Having less time to discuss during the day is not a good thing for the town, and even if the discussion seems pointless, there can still be clues in the way people are posting that can be helpful later on.

As for everyone else, I'm not really sure yet. Mido has been more active than I've seen in the past, which I appreciate. Though, when he's less active, he usually flips town... I'll be keeping an eye on him, too. Justa, though he voted for me, has also been fairly active and I think his logic is sound, though not correct in my case. I don't think I've played with him before, but I know he plays quite a bit of mafia, I'm willing to see what he has to contribute for now.

Is there anyone you find particularly scummy, Johnny?

I'd really like to see who David finds suspicious because, aside from myself, he's the one I find most trustworthy for now.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I am 90% sure that Johnny Sooshi is a Serial Killer or some scummy role that used the poisoning. I can't go into too much detail without revealing my role, but if I'm wrong, then the game mods seriously messed with me.

Vote: Johnny Sooshi

Moonstone

I am 90% sure that Johnny Sooshi is a Serial Killer or some scummy role that used the poisoning. I can't go into too much detail without revealing my role, but if I'm wrong, then the game mods seriously messed with me.

Vote: Johnny Sooshi

Interesting. I'm definitely curious about what results you received about Johnny. What makes you think he is an SK as opposed to a vig? Do you know some of the characters in the show that would lead you to believe this way? I don't know a ton of the investigating roles, but does your role call someone innocent or guilty? Or does your role say what action the person preformed? Or is it something different?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom