• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Downton Abbey Mafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
Vote Count

Lady of the Leaves (1) - Justac00lguy
Johnny Sooshi (1) - Repentance

Not Voting: A Link In Time, Blackkirby, Crus@der77x, David, DekuNut, Heroine of Time, Johnny Sooshi, Lady of the Leaves, Linkdude74, Mellow Ezlo, Mido, Musicfan, Pendio, Sadia, Scarfed

With 17 alive, it takes 9 votes to lynch. Day ends on Sunday, February 1 at 9:00pm PST.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Essentially, my role allowed me to gain information on Johnny's character. I am pretty sure he is John Bates, who very likely killed his ex wife. There are some arguments surrounding it, but if he did kill his ex wife, it was with a poisoned pie. And he also likely recently killed another person. 2 kills would indicate a serial killer to me.

However, that is only given the scenario where this poisoner is John Bates, if the person in the flavour text is not John Bates then I could be wrong. Which is why I give it a 90%.

Jamie

Some of it has to do with my role, some of it has to do with a wiki, yes.

Sadia

Have a Punderful Day!
Sup. I think I'm just going to wait for what Johnny has to say in response. Because, up till now, I pretty much pinned him as Town. Either that or he was just really ambitious scum, lol. Anyway, I'm probably going to look at this accusation with caution. Mainly because of the way Rep worded it. He's "pretty sure" or "90% sure." My mind is kind of guessing he's a Flavour Cop, in which you get ambiguous results. And that can always cause confusion. But hey, that's just a speculation on my part. So yeah, just waiting on Johnny.

Pen

The game is on!
I honestly see no reason for Repentance to lie about what he is saying right now, and since he seems to have some knowledge of the show I definitely think his suspicion is justified. Of course I would love to hear what Johnny has to say about all of this, but seeing as we require a whopping 9 votes to lynch someone anyway, I will place my vote right away.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
To avoid redundancy, I'm not going to bother talking about the night scene because everything I would say has already been said by everybody and their mothers.

Rep's clam is interesting, but I'm willing to trust it for now. I'd like to hear what Johnny has to say first because that could make a difference. It's possible Rep's lying, but there's no way to know without Johnny having a chance to speak about the situation, and I don't think Rep would lie this early in the game because if Johnny flips town, Rep would look scummy af.

I think it would be good to keep an eye on both Rep and Johnny throughout this day, just to see if we notice any inconsistencies in either of their posts.

Hmm I wonder if the reason the Mafia killed Chocolate Storm was because she didn't have any impact. Since day one ended up in a no lynch it's possible that they killed the one who would leave no leads so that they could have an equally unproductive day two.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Good morning everyone. So Rep's claim is pretty big I'm gonna break it down for you guys so that you can have both sides.

Part of his claim is right and part is wrong. My character is I guess sort of a driver in the show. However I will deny these claims. Do to a certain role I have that let's me communicate with those who choose (this is pretty damn soft I'd say) and I've gone over this with Rep because of that role. That being said I really can't prove anything I did specifically without a huge reveal that could modkill me. I will say I tried talking to someone else last night and was blocked, which I believe could have been the door in the night scene, which would fit LotL's guess of the game having a jail keeper since they role block target and the target of the target alike.

So all that is my defense. If it's not enough I'm sorry, but I'm definitely pro-town. As for Rep and his beliefs, I'd say he's reading a character wrong. But he's not scum. I'd suggest a cop (if there is one) to investigate he or I to find out our loyalties.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
I've been checking out the Wiki, but my head is spinning from the sheer number of characters. I looked into John Bates, and what Rep said checks out. It looks like he had a motive to kill his wife though- he wanted to marry someone else. From what I've read, he seems like a pretty decent person other than possibly killing the person he was stuck in an unhappy marriage with. The wiki also states that he has a good set of morals. It also appears that the poisoning wasn't definitively his fault, his now deceased wife Vera might've done it to herself. Reading through the wiki, it appears he has been framed on multiple occasions, including when he was in jail.

Since Johnny didn't deny Rep's claim, and even admitted that his character is a valet, which John Bates is, I'm going to assume that Rep hit the nail on the head with the character. At this time, I'm also willing to believe that Rep gave us this information hoping to help us weed out some bad eggs and help the town. But, I can also see that he might have given us this information hoping that we would kill off a townie. His wording is just vague enough that, if Johnny does flip town, he can come back tomorrow and say he wasn't entirely sure, thus saving himself from too much scrutiny.

IGMEOU: Rep

I want to see what other people have to say about this situation before taking this a step further.

Pen

The game is on!
I will place my vote right away.

lol I never did vote in that post... Must have been way too tired to vote. Anyway, right now I will actually wait a bit since I think Johnny's defense seemed pretty reliable. However, I am still not entirely convinced. It would be interesting to see Repentance's response to Johnny.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
If anyone is familiar with the show, do you have an idea who the Mafia might be? Would John Bates be on of them?

Jamie

If anyone is familiar with the show, do you have an idea who the Mafia might be? Would John Bates be on of them?
I never claimed Johnny was mafia, I claimed he was the Serial Killer.

I think I stated this before, but the only thing I'm certain of is Johnny's character, unless the game mods are seriously messing with me. I think Johnny's character checks out as the most likely person to poison a drink, because he was suspected of poisoning a pie, and he possibly killed another person, which would make him a Serial Killer. To be honest, do we really have more to go on with a single kill over the entire day and night period (the death of a third party, too, which is about as ambiguous as it gets).

There is a chance that the SK isn't Johnny, or that the poisoned pie was done by the mafia and not by John Bates, who doesn't seem like a scum character to me. If I'm wrong, feel free to lynch me tomorrow. Honestly, considering another aspect of my role, I'll probably be lynched tomorrow regardless lol

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
At this time, I'm also willing to believe that Rep gave us this information hoping to help us weed out some bad eggs and help the town. But, I can also see that he might have given us this information hoping that we would kill off a townie. His wording is just vague enough that, if Johnny does flip town, he can come back tomorrow and say he wasn't entirely sure, thus saving himself from too much scrutiny.

IGMEOU: Rep

I want to see what other people have to say about this situation before taking this a step further.

That's actually what I was getting at in my last post, and I think it's quite possible. Not going to rule out the possibility that Rep is telling the truth though, but it's something to keep in mind for sure.

For reference, here is the wiki page for Mr. John Bates. Looking at it, I don't see anything overly scummy about his character, but I didn't have time to look through the whole article so I just skimmed it. Is there even a single person in this game that watches the show and can tell us more about his character?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom