• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Use Your Name or Link's?

C

Coffee

When I was younger, I would put in my real name. (In part, it was because it was my gramother that had the nintendo, so anyone who was playing the game put their name so no one else would play it.)

Now, I usually put 'Link'. Though, once I put in someting like "ydhoi'" for a name. I think I was hyped up on sugar, and thought that random letters would work.

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
I use "Linky" for my first file. For replays, it depends on my mood. For OoT I used "Chandler", for the Friends character, and also "Zob", just because. For TP I'm about to create a new file using Atreyu for Link's name and Artax for Epona (anyone get the reference?)

C

Caleb, Of Asui

I used to use my real name in Zelda games. I don't really like looking back at old files and seeing Link named "Caleb," though. (I think I've gotten rid of all of them, though.) I always name my character "Link" nowadays because that's his name. It's annoying be playing or watching someone play a Zelda game and see Link with a name other than Link. It just doesn't fit. The main character's name is Link, and I can't bear to see people try to change that. I also name the horse "Epona" in Twilight Princess, if that's at all worth noting. In a way, I imagine it would seem even more out of place to give the horse any different name. I don't think I've actually ever seen someone do that, though.

Dark Princess

Weeaboo :D
Well, I usually call him "Link" or, very stupidly, "D Princess." ... xD My mom named Link (in PH) "Me," and it was just hilarious reading "Me did all the hard work." "And it's all thanks to Me." One of my friends put Link's name (in PH) "My Love." "Hello, My Love!" Hahaha. x3 For Epona in TP, I just had to put her name as "My Hands," just for the "I washed My Hands for you, Link."... :P

Hero Of Spirits

Champion of Cyrodiil
This seems pretty obvious for me lol I use Link all the time, since Link is a shortened version of Lincoln. Why would I want to change it? Besides, I can't be bothered changing it, it's a really good name lol. The main character's name was the reason I got into the Zelda games in the first place. 'nuff said lol

yotam

Leave the chocolate here
Some times Link and some times my name (Yotam). On my first Zelda I put my name because I didn't know the series yet and I didn't know that he's name is Link. The name that I put in other games depends on my mood that day.

Zarom

The King
It depends. Usually I name him Link for my first playthrough, but when I start a new file, I always pick a different name. Sometimes I use my real name, other times I use "Zarom" or another made up name. As for Epona in TP, I simply call her Epona or sometimes, "Wigop". Yeah, I know, weird name. :P

Kybyrian

Well, I used to put in my real name for the option. I didn't usually create my files, though. My mom actually used to play Zelda, and I would play on her file. Back when Ocarina of Time came out it was always something random, or her name. When I made my own files I would use my name, or something silly.
Now, however, I use the name "Link" almost always.

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
I use "Link" because I can't stand having Link be labeled with another name! It annoys me to no end! >_< Names with the intention of being funny is okay (I once named an account "I'm poop" on Spirit Tracks and like every character would go "HEY, I'M POOP!" XD) but I'm just not accustomed to seeing Link named something like (picking names out of random here) Sarah or Todd. It doesn't match my idea of "Link" to me and will ultimately tone down my Zelda experience... When I play Zelda, I imagine myself as Link, not me being Link.

Even when I was younger, I have always named Link "Link," except for the first ever time I played Zelda. I had no idea that what you named the account would be Link's name. I borrowed my friend's Ocarina of Time and made a separate account named "Guest" for guest players. I thought that it was the smartest thing in the world to do and then I realized that since everyone kept on calling him "Guest" I was pretty stupid to do something like that. -_-;

Just my thoughts. :3

usually for the 3d zeldas i do my name and for the older/2d zeldas i do link. this i sbecause pretty much all of the 3d zeldas i have i split the money with my brothers, so its unfairif one of us is link, etc.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Generally, if it's my first time playing the game, I'll use the default of Link. On most playthroughs though, I generally name him Kokiri (I even remember naming him Kokiri 9 in WW and TP in order to have Orca and Auru call him Master Kokiri 9).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom