• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Use Your Name or Link's?

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
I don't use either. I usually use some random word or name that has nothing to do with anything. In the past, I've used McNugget, Nugget, Borat, Botar (What my grandma calls Borat), McLovin, Gary (Not my name..), Dinkus, and quite a few others..

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
I honestly get confused if I use any name that isn't Link, I don't know why, maybe it's because I have a hard time envisioning the character Link as anything other than Link. If you really want to confuse yourself, name the file "Zelda." It's especially insane in ALttP, because they talk about her a ton haha.

figthersword

Hylian Coward
I honestly get confused if I use any name that isn't Link, I don't know why, maybe it's because I have a hard time envisioning the character Link as anything other than Link. If you really want to confuse yourself, name the file "Zelda." It's especially insane in ALttP, because they talk about her a ton haha.

It's just like zelda zelda zelda zelda :D wow that to many redundancy in the game :P maybe i will stick with the name of link or with my Gorgeous and Sacred Name "Cham" :D :D

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
I NEVER use my name (as in my real one). But I used Ninten* twice. I usually use Link and I sometimes use names of other characters to make it funnier. Like in PH, Linebeck was a coward so I put Linebeck for the file name. So when someone talks to Link, it could be like talking to Linebeck so he wouldn't be a coward.

figthersword

Hylian Coward
I NEVER use my name (as in my real one). But I used Ninten* twice. I usually use Link and I sometimes use names of other characters to make it funnier. Like in PH, Linebeck was a coward so I put Linebeck for the file name. So when someone talks to Link, it could be like talking to Linebeck so he wouldn't be a coward.

Linebeck? I've never heard that before :D

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
I usually name him Link but if I'm doing the second run through I name him like, Arsewipe or something funny.
That way I get a kick out of it all the time I play.

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
I usually name him Link because it feels weird weird if I use my name. Sometimes I'll give him his Japanese name, Rinku, or I'll name him something silly such as Stupid, Fluffy, Idiot, Zelda, or a girls name. But I usually never play through the whole game unless he's named Link or Rinku.

SheikahWarrior

Randomus Pervertus
On Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, and Ocarina of Time I named him 'Hannah' on my first files *blushes*

.....I didn't know he actually had a name......

Halfway through Ocarina of Time I learned that he is actually called Link and named all files after that Link unless I felt like being stupid, like on Ocarina of Time I named him Zelda for the 'somehow familiar' bit and Linebeck in Phantom Hourglass so that Linebeck says 'Linebeck?....That's a wierd name, My name's LINEBECK!' :lol:

Beeker

Wild Card
I like naming him Link most of the time. I like the name and I'd rather keep his name than put in mine. But when I first started playing Zelda, I did variations of my name like Bekka, Beck, and more recently Beeker. I usually just do this on the handheld titles and on the console ones, I usually do Link or a goofy name(I've only started that recently). Like in OoT, I named him That Guy.

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
My answer has actually changed since I started writing fanfiction. I still name him Linky sometimes, but I rarely deviate from any version of "Link", since I think of him as his own character. On the other hand, when I replay OoT I think I'll probably still have fun with silly names sometimes. Solely because of this dialogue of Nabooru's:

By the way, what is your name, kid?
Zob?!
What kind of name is that?

Who cares that I'm 80% done with the game at that point...delayed punchlines can be fun. *g*

Usually I use Link. Occasionally I use some other name from a book or movie. At one point in Twilight Princess I used Aragorn xD.

I seldom use my real name, because I think it feels more like a Zelda game if Link is 'Link' not 'Bryan'

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom