• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Do YOU Hate Twilight Princess??

I love Twilight Princess. I thought that it had alot of great dungeon's, and I think that it has one of the best stories in a Nintendo game. And I love the character development that Midna went through.
Sure Zelda didn't have as big a role in TP, as she did in other Zelda games, but I don't think that was a bad thing.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Maybe people hate because its "too puzzling" for them because its there first zelda game and also maybe they thought "this is so annoying this "Cave Of Ordeals" keeps getting harder everytime I come in here so Im really annoyed":( or something like that, but for me its the best game EVER!!!:)
No, the majority of people who hate TP or dislike it, is because it is too easy. Y'ever hear of the Three Heart Challenge (3HC)? If you haven't, it is basically your running through the game with only three hearts. That is supposed to be a challenge, I know what you're thinking. But in Twilight Princess, 3HCs are a cakewalk. You can play MINIMALIST and still breeze through the game; I have many times more than once. TP is too ridiculously easy.

CoO is no exception, though I admit that the last floor was a bit challenging for the unexpecting person. Of course, that is what ledge bombing is for...

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
No, the majority of people who hate TP or dislike it, is because it is too easy. Y'ever hear of the Three Heart Challenge (3HC)? If you haven't, it is basically your running through the game with only three hearts. That is supposed to be a challenge, I know what you're thinking. But in Twilight Princess, 3HCs are a cakewalk. You can play MINIMALIST and still breeze through the game; I have many times more than once. TP is too ridiculously easy.

CoO is no exception, though I admit that the last floor was a bit challenging for the unexpecting person. Of course, that is what ledge bombing is for...

People may love it for more than its ease or "difficulty," but can't find the right words to phrase it the way they want. I, however, have undergone things of a different nature. I've seen the character development just about every cutscene (think Colin as the prime example here), which helped me relate to many characters, including Midna, because she takes advantage of Link to begin with, but later grows a soft spot after noting his Courage and slowly admits her past. The music is especially immersive. Wouldn't you agree to have enjoyed it while playing through a 3HC? If you don't even like that, why not play another LoZ title that is a favorite of yours. :)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The music is especially immersive. Wouldn't you agree to have enjoyed it while playing through a 3HC? If you don't even like that, why not play another LoZ title that is a favorite of yours. :)
The music was pretty great, especially Midna's Lament (no, not because of the name or the theme, that track is just amazingly awesome). I think it all fit where it was placed, except Goron Mines could've used a more powerful, "fire" relevant theme (can't explain).

Owner828

I'm not the muffin man!
Twilight Princess is one of my favorite zelda games. Some reasons are...

1. The humongous overworld.

2. I liked the controls, and how the bow and other items had cross-hairs you could move with you wiimote.

3. The new items were awesome, especially the Ball and Chain.

4. You could use your sword on Epona.

5. BOMB ARROWS

6. The hidden skills and how certain enemys could be killed easier with them

And the only thing I really didn't like about Twilight Princess was that some items were used once outside of there temples.

No. I am incapable of hating any Zelda game made by Nintendo, even if I happen to like some over others.

It was easy, there's no disagreeing over that, but to me game's difficulty is not it's most important aspect. It had great music, amazing atmosphere, wonderful story and character development (Colin and Midna especially), which in my opinion trumps difficulty anytime.

Personally I'd have liked to see/know more about other characters - Midna and Zant did steal the spotlight a lot. I'd have liked to know more about Zelda (her situation as a martyr was pretty interesting), the Group (Big Damn Heroes, even if the scene where they got the trope was pretty normal situation for Link, would have still liked to know more about them) and Ganondorf (he was added somewhat rushed-ly to the end).

No. I am incapable of hating any Zelda game made by Nintendo, even if I happen to like some over others.

It was easy, there's no disagreeing over that, but to me game's difficulty is not it's most important aspect. It had great music, amazing atmosphere, wonderful story and character development (Colin and Midna especially), which in my opinion trumps difficulty anytime.

Personally I'd have liked to see/know more about other characters - Midna and Zant did steal the spotlight a lot. I'd have liked to know more about Zelda (her situation as a martyr was pretty interesting), the Group (Big Damn Heroes, even if the scene where they got the trope was pretty normal situation for Link, would have still liked to know more about them) and Ganondorf (he was added somewhat rushed-ly to the end).

But nevertheless, Ganondorf was explained before as being released from the Sacred realm and killing one of the sages.

H

Hëradïn

TP is alright, I'd say it is about middle of the pack as far as zelda games go.

Personally, I feel that TP is one of the best zelda games out there. It had a huge overworld, a lot of variety in dungeons, items, and puzzles, a great storyline filled with memorable characters, has great atmosphere, and is just a really solid zelda game as a whole. I feel that people too often look at some qualities that could have been better, and tend to exaggerate about how bad they really are. For example, people often say that dungeon items were practically worthless after their respective dungeon. The only items I found myself not using much were the dominion rod and the spinner, and even then I did in fact use them after their dungeon (Ex: I had to use the spinner to get to a piece of heart.) Another thing people say was that the music wasn't very good. While it's true that the music wasn't quite as good as OoT's or Alttp's, it's soundtrack was still amazing. I often find myself listening to the overworld theme, the Lost Woods rendition, the night time theme, and the various themes from the battle with ganondorf. One other thing people complain about is that it''s too easy. To this day I don't really get this one. It was perfect for people new to the series at the time (such as myself.) Even after beating some of the hardest games in the series, I still don't find it too easy. A lot enemies used more strategy than ever, which I feel is better than just having the enemy do 5 hearts of damage to you and have that serve as the difficulty. For example, fighting the three darknut on the last floor of the cave of ordeals required quite a bit of strategy, because if you rushed in blindly, you're likely to die.

While I could go on defending other aspects of the game I actually liked such as the motion controls and the graphics, I feel by now I've made my point about how great a game TP really is and how people really shouldn't focus and exaggerate on the bad qualities so much.

Last edited:
H

heroshadeshadow

Emotion less, how could kokatu say that, in ocarina of time link never smiled ONCE, and yet he just said its as emotion less as ever. Yeah and the items are very use full in a little some thing called SIDE-QUESTS. Think about it how would we get the Zora suit if we never had those "useless items". I got to agree some parts the colors were messed up, but is that a reason to call a game the worst Zelda game. Learn and THINK , no offense kokatu

Last edited by a moderator:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Compare the usage of all items in The Wind Waker to the usage of all items in Twilight Princess. I absolutely guarantee you'll find TWW's items much more useful, and used much more. The Zora Armor in TP was used what, for one dungeon then put away? Not useful at all.

Compare the usage of all items in The Wind Waker to the usage of all items in Twilight Princess. I absolutely guarantee you'll find TWW's items much more useful, and used much more. The Zora Armor in TP was used what, for one dungeon then put away? Not useful at all.
*Shivers* I don't even like the MENTION of the Zora Armor. That stuff sucked, and honestly, I could never use it right. Hate, hate, HATE. But no kidding, TWW had some really good items. I mean, I never finished it, but still. Lol. *Places pear on head* "Oh, look, I can control the bird! AWESOME!!!" *Bird gets killed* *Link sobs.*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom