• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Aren's Sketchbook(aka Monolith's Art Thread)

I know, right?! That. Freaking song. Can't stop listening to it!

Anyways. I decided to keep a few pieces to myself(Mostly 'cuz spoilers, crossover, or crappy photo quality) and the art dump isn't as big as expected. But it really is a dump. Just a bunch of random, pointless doodles, folks.

Like I said, DL, I need the original Raenis ref you liked me to for the first drawing to finish the new reference.

This first one? I don't even know. I was bored out of my mind at Academy and, devoid of any references for characters that aren't mine, I drew Kira. Again and again and again. I just had this miniature spasm of needing to draw Kira. It was obsessive. The second page(Ye,s two pages full of Kira) came out too blurry to amen heads or tails of, so I won't share it today.
BUT KIRA IS SO FUN TO DRAW.
Oh, and that one taking up the right?... Don't ask. Just be glad I didn't finish it, okay, it was gonna be sad.
Text reads as follows: "I really don't care." "Okay, what the heck?!" "I'M NOT KAWAII I'M NOT KAWAII" "Will you stop already." "I don't even anymore" "I'm so done."
2ccs7k8.jpg
This next one? Well, of course you all recall Steampunk Privateer Aren a few posts back. I did that to Milo. Because why not. I really don't like how it came out, but oh well, I'll redraw it later.
m64a0.jpg
And now, just for reference, here's the second draft/deconstruction of the Privateer Aren thing. I like this one much better.
The writing in teh upper-left corner is just a note I jotted down for my show. Nothing special.But teh one next to the goggles just kind of lists the various parts and pieces of the lens.
2jg6st2.jpg
Last but not least, more doodles in that cartoony style. Not all of you know Kira's backstory super-well, but basically, the one freaking out is Kira, the one hugging her to death is her uncle Max(who created her), and the other two are Krista Mirandi, who knew her the best of the team that conducted the experiment that was Kira, and Aurthur Captor, the dude who built and kept in good condition her mechanical limbs. Well, he was also her lover for a while, but then spoilers happened.
For those of you who know that name, yes, that is Aurthur Captor. Why does he have dark eyes if all the other's eyes are uncolored? Because Captor has dark eyes. Get over it.
I DREW KRISTA LIKE A TEENAGED SCHOOLGIRL HURK DERP THIS DOODLE SUCKS
epgp3o.jpg

That's all folks. Have another song that makes me happy.

Yarg, double-posting >> I blame the lack of activity here.

It's blurry, I've made a ton more progress since uploading(the background is almost done, yes, I said background), but I need to put this somewhere. So yeah. Anime Kira, folks, you gotta love that hat.

141i6f7.jpg

Once gin... it smalled my Kira. Click and drag to a new tab for higher res.

Nice, it looks great

Thanks, Uncle ^^

My digital daughter is an artist... and a good one at that... :kawaii: I'm so proud!

Thank you, dad. I made you proud :kawaii:I feel so happeh

Okay, what do I need to link you?

You linked it to me already. I'm ironwork on the Raenis in between my animes and digital stuffs.

Monooooooooooooooooo, you are so gooooooooood. I love your art, its so nice. :>

Thanks, Rainy! ^^ And I have stuff to keep you guys hanging for a little while, while I work on it. I recommend that you click and drag the non-screenshot one to a new tab, it'll probably be smalled by ZD >> All my drawings are smalled.

2dw822w.jpg

t8lnqc.jpg

More steampunk. Pinterest helps. Dat sword.

Enough said.

5l5emd.jpg

Also, don't click this one unles syou want to be confused by inside jokes(namely, Kawaii Kira and Senpai Castillo). Shannon(Shannon Wolfe, Go_Skyward's) wanted me to. I complied. Kira is going to murder me as soon as I fall asleep.

c3gbt.jpg

"S-senpai..."

I'll have a half-decent Raenis and Dagger tomorrow, hopefully, or I may just doodle to sate your long overdue thirsts and color later because ohmygod coloring is a pain in the butt, guys.

I'm also trying futilely to resist the urge to draw everybody steampunked.... and I really mean everybody. Steampunk Axle, everyone. Steampunk Axle.

Go_Skyward

Seek a door that carries a [9]
Shannon still likes the senpai drawing, btw. While everyone else rolls their eyes at him XD

But, alas! I post in your art thread again! And, once again, its nothing but praise. c:

Just continue being awesome as normal and all that, you're really great at what you do and stuff.

In case THAT was cheesy enough, there you go.

maybe one of these days I'll bring back MY ZD art thread! ...hahahahaha! ...highly unlikely, I don't draw enough for that >>

So... yes. One, thanks, Silvy ^^ It wasn't cheesy, imo. Two, guess who's been steampunking. Just guess.

We all know the answer, so let's say it together, shall we?

Mono has.

Anyways. Lance Tolkien, Aren Alpenlen, Melica Arefaen and even The Arbiter have now been left to my urges and Steampunk'd. And I think it's funny that the only one I like is that character's ZD debut.

Lance. Yes, I inked it, I just love this design, although I botched the face >> Also I am lazy and didn't crop my shirt out. Yes, my shirt, I prop them up on my knees on a leather folder I use as a drawing pad and take photos from there, all curled up on my chair. It works. Maybe I'll draw a diagram later.
2m2gnpz.jpg

Meli and Aren. Meli's design is great, Aren's is eh. The whole thing came out weird, like I was subconsciously trying Tara's art style and failed. I'll redraw this.
25tzwif.jpg

The Arbiter. For those who don't know(everyone), he's my major villain dude. By antagonist in most stories, the big baddie. And I adore this design and I adore this drawing and he's just so awesome and black people are hot. ^^ Yes, TA is black, VERY dark-skinned, I didn't shade this drawing. Maybe I'll do a shaded one later... try Mandy's shading style, hurhurhur
AND HIS HAND IS ALL DARK ENERGY AND HIS SMILE IS PERFECT AND THIS IS THE ARBITER. GUYS.
2jbuvk8.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom