• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Aren's Sketchbook(aka Monolith's Art Thread)

bunny

birb overlord
These are really nice, Hyli. You're a great artist, especially for your age. ^^ Keep it up, and don't ever stop drawing!

Hsien Ko

Thread murderer
Aha. Short hair is hard for me... but I can try in the nest one. I suppose I'll have to color the next one, too, then XD Or maybe I'll just redo this one.

Hm he's seventeen. Meli's major backstory occurs at points when she's twelve, thirteen, and seventeen, so making her a teen won't work so well in RPs--the youngest I can possibly afford Rp-wise is nineteen, and really, she works best above 21.I'm so used to my characters being adults >> What I'm saying is, I'd like to try to pull off an adult Dagger. My brain auto-ages him anyways, mleh. I am weird.

HERE'S A BUNCH OF ART WITH NO REAL EXPLANATION >>

This is in the cover of my binder:
fley35.jpg

Keriki doodles:
4fv0iu.jpg

...I really don't know.
2eoy2ci.jpg

STEAMPUNK PRIVATEER AREN AW YEEAH :cool:
2rc7v4p.jpg

So far you do a better job than me with bodies. I would love to see more art from you.

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
DUUUUUUUUDDDDDEEEEEEE AREN LOOKS HOT IN THE LAST ONE!

Do you mind if I clean up Raenis and post him back on here?

Last edited:
So far you do a better job than me with bodies. I would love to see more art from you.

Thanks, Hsien Ko. I've been drawing as much as I can lately, I'll share stuff as I finish it. Believe me, I only just recently set my proportions straight.

DUUUUUUUUDDDDDEEEEEEE AREN LOOKS HOT IN THE LAST ONE!

Do you mind if I clean up Raenis and post him back on here?

Um, i suppose you can, if you like. I've improved a lot since then but bleh, between Advanced Academy(a theatre thing), Dagger, and my random angsty mood swings(such as the eon I'm experiencing right now), I don't have time to actually redraw him >>

But thank you. Like I said, I'm quite proud of that drawing ^^ Aren is just, as a general rule, amazing.

I do actually have more artwork right now. It's not very good, but this digital drawing is as done as it's ever going to be >>

I've never attached stuff. Let's see what happens when I attach stuff.

Attachments

• WandererRef_Kira[as-done-as-itll-ever-be].jpg
    WandererRef_Kira[as-done-as-itll-ever-be].jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 12

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
Y'now, I just felt like commenting... They way you drew Max Castillo in that picture you drew of him... He looks like Avan Jogia.

Y'now, I just felt like commenting... They way you drew Max Castillo in that picture you drew of him... He looks like Avan Jogia.

...who's that? I have no clue who you're talking about XD His design has changed a bit since drawing that.

You said something about a new Raenis?

I did. And I think I lost the reference--AGAIN >> I'll check again, but i started, gave up with the lack of a reference, and yeah.

But... I DID do a quickie doodle of Aren and Raenis. Let me upload it.

Blarg >> The quality sucks because all of my paper is wet. Sorry about that! I just used what I had on hand while at Academy.

But still. I have random doodles in an... interesting style, and a really random drawing of Aren and Raenis that I put zero effort into. Yes, I know I didn't get Raenis right, I didn't have a reference on hand.

so... yeah.

Random onions in some cartoony art style--Privateer Aren, The Silver Faen, and True Form Milo:
xd6t03.jpg

Another random onion, Raenis and Aren. Text reads: "Aw, c'mere, you!" 'LEGGO 'ME!" "It's good to see you again, old friend!" "LEMME GO!"
2eedg1l.jpg

So guess who's been drawing digitally again.

Also, guess who has a crapton to upload but doens't really feel like uploading it so won't until tomorrow.

Also, guess who's considering opening a graphics thread once she finishes the Daggers Raenis. (DL, I need the reference to finish it.)

That's right. Me. Hello.

Posted normally is a reference for a mechanical wyvern, for rolpalying and such. Kira built it; the mechanical wyvern and its design form a kind of motif representing her, in a way. Attached(because I'm experimenting with attaching and you will deal with it because I have a headache and am being fussy and rude >>)are my new avatar once I finish the theme, my new profile background once I finish it, and a version of the avatar without the sand and slightly bigger(and older), to give you curious lurkers a vague idea of what I managed to pull off. Yes, it's all bigger than 100-squared pixels, when I started it was more like two thousand-squared. Deal.

I just felt like sharing those before my humongous art dump tomorrow. The next schematic I'm doing for no particular reason save that I feel like redecorating: Kira, Kira, Kira-related motifs, a ton of Kira, I'm obsessed with Kira and it will show. But the art dump tomorrow is quite... varied.
And by that I mean I don't remember what the hell is in it.

That wyvern I mentioned, fellow RPers might recognize it from my signup for The Wastelands(Click and drag it to a new tab for the love of Nayru, it smalled itself):
2gv4ot1.jpg

Attachments

• WandererAvy-Kira[FocusA].jpg
    WandererAvy-Kira[FocusA].jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 6
  • StylizedWyvernBKGR...Thingy[ZDwipA].jpg
    StylizedWyvernBKGR...Thingy[ZDwipA].jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 6
  • WandererAvy-Kira[Comp...].jpg
    WandererAvy-Kira[Comp...].jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited: