• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Aren's Sketchbook(aka Monolith's Art Thread)

:lol: I'm sorry, HyMo, for Dagger's difficulty. He apologizes, too. *coughheactuallyhasn'tyetcoughbutI'mworkingonitcough* Thank you for putting yourself through so much frustration for me. ^^

Of course. it's a strange sort of spiritual bonding, struggling with a character your characters are rivals with, and I've enjoyed being irritated by his high difficulty levels thoroughly.

Of course he won't, I made Melica. She's laughing at the idea of him apologizing for anything right now, gotta love Meli.

These look super duper awsome Mono! Keep that drawing spirit, you got talent. ;>

Thanks for your support, Rainy, I do try. :3 I really appreciate it.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Yay! I finally got to see Val in your style! I really like the eyes and that somewhat sad/uncertain expression on her face.

And, of course, I am tempted now to draw a picture of me going crazy with my creator powers... I imagine it must involve a pen dripping with blood instead of ink because of the things I like to do to my characters. Yes, my pretties, some of you are created only to die, but you get to tell your stories beforehand. (Cue someone coming out of one of my stories to run me through with their sword in an act of defiance).

Not Val, though... she had this sort of "facing death honorably" thing about her.

Looks good, HM. :yes:

Thanks, Atty. :yes:

Yay! I finally got to see Val in your style! I really like the eyes and that somewhat sad/uncertain expression on her face.

And, of course, I am tempted now to draw a picture of me going crazy with my creator powers... I imagine it must involve a pen dripping with blood instead of ink because of the things I like to do to my characters. Yes, my pretties, some of you are created only to die, but you get to tell your stories beforehand. (Cue someone coming out of one of my stories to run me through with their sword in an act of defiance).

Not Val, though... she had this sort of "facing death honorably" thing about her.

Thanks. That's the expression I picture Val with these days, because of her pivotal role in Aren's backstory--Val is a major part of my canon, yay. Or maybe I'm listening to music that's way too sad and/or depressing.

Ha, go right ahead! I'd love to see that. And it's The All-PowerfulMonolith ONE--I know I'm not stopping at a single piece. And all of my characters are created to die.. eventually they all die.

But I can see that. From who I've seen, Val is my favorite of your characters. There's just something dignified and amazing about her. I'm glad i was able to work with her so closely--and hey, I'm getting another chance as soon as The Shift starts up, woo!

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
Sorry I can't post these in a more private place, but I can't. Here's the references you asked me for.

The jacket:
iPod pics K 371.jpg
Just remove the little loop things in the shoulders and you should be good. If you're doing any design but Dreamers, just draw a simple black blazer, with an actual collar thingy, not just a little thin thing of lameness.

The claw-gloves:
iPod pics K 372.jpg
This is as good of a hand as I could get. But the claw finger things are closer to this:
iPod pics K 373.jpg
If you can't read the writing, it says 'poison needle', with a little arrow pointing to the spot where the poison needle sticks up.

And the hair:
Normally, this but red, and maybe a bit neater.
iPod pics K 375.jpg

But in Resonance, this but black or white.
iPod pics K 374.jpg

So yeah, hope this was a help.

Last edited:
Yay ^^ Thanks for the help, Tatl, I really should have checked this... a while ago lol. Months, maybe.
I'll get on Dagger now, failures are 65% less likely with these refs ^^

But DANG DO I HAVE ARTS TO SHARE!

...not as much as I'd like to be able to have, but STILL. There's a lot I'll never share! Mwaha!

Dagger's on the way ^^
Lance Tolkien's SwordL:
qp3sde.jpg

A reference for Fantasy Kirinen:
maj8kh.jpg

The first and, as of yet, only drawing of Max Castillo, Kira's uncle:
2vxesnt.jpg

An incomplete, digitally drawn Kira:
jrtzrr.jpg

Yeha, I should gave more than four, but oh well.

And, considering that my favorite colors are cool, my palette is quite warm lately... huh.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
COOL STUFF! And I am willing to wait as long as you need, Mono. I know he'll turn out great. I haz faith in yo art skizzilz.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Kirinen looks super duper awesome Mono, you have no idea how much I love it!!! <3 And Kira looks amazing too, oh man I love them all so much!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phew! It took a while to sort out(AND HE LOOKS FREAKING YOUNG), but I finished Dagger. Despite his youthful appearance and his incredibly uncreative shoes, as well as his possible lack of socks(???), I'm all right with how he came out.

And, you know, ignore the right arm >> Just ignore it. We don't talk about the right arm.

8ywdty.jpg

This is one of three drawings I ahve deemed to draw of Dagger today. The next will be a little more casual and unarmed, and the third will show the Melagger(MelicaXDagger, for those who don't know)rivalry. I MIGHT do a fourth, actual, genuinely romantic Melaggger. But I'm still thinking about that one.

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
Phew! It took a while to sort out(AND HE LOOKS FREAKING YOUNG), but I finished Dagger. Despite his youthful appearance and his incredibly uncreative shoes, as well as his possible lack of socks(???), I'm all right with how he came out.

And, you know, ignore the right arm >> Just ignore it. We don't talk about the right arm.

8ywdty.jpg

This is one of three drawings I ahve deemed to draw of Dagger today. The next will be a little more casual and unarmed, and the third will show the Melagger(MelicaXDagger, for those who don't know)rivalry. I MIGHT do a fourth, actual, genuinely romantic Melaggger. But I'm still thinking about that one.
OKAY. H_M. HOW AND WHY CAN YOU DRAW THINGS SO PERFECTLY. HE LOOKS PERFECT. PERFECT. PERFECT. AND CUTE, TOO.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
...Whooooooa... Dude... I like don't have words... He's not quite how I pictured him (really it's ONLY the hair (which I can't even get right) and the color of the pants), but he is FREAKING EPICTASTIC. And the claws look so menacing...

GAHBLAHSHENJVSPAUEJPVIAESLARGLE! IT'S DAGGEEEEEER!

OKAY. H_M. HOW AND WHY CAN YOU DRAW THINGS SO PERFECTLY. HE LOOKS PERFECT. PERFECT. PERFECT. AND CUTE, TOO.

Wow, thanks, Vio! I think a big part of it is that I never stop drawing. Ever. Seriously.

...Ever.

I don't think he's quite perfect, but pretty good. But thank you very much for your support and kindness, Vio! <3

...Whooooooa... Dude... I like don't have words... He's not quite how I pictured him (really it's ONLY the hair (which I can't even get right) and the color of the pants), but he is FREAKING EPICTASTIC. And the claws look so menacing...

GAHBLAHSHENJVSPAUEJPVIAESLARGLE! IT'S DAGGEEEEEER!

Thanks, Tatl ^^ I suck at all male hair except Shannon's, but it really is the best hair that's hardest to draw, isn't it. *looks sadly at Max Castillo* AND I SHOULD HAVE ASKED YOU ABOUT THE PANTS. What color are the pants, Tatl? XD

Again, thanks! I'm glad you like it :3

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
They're jeans. Wash varies from RP to RP. But the skinnier they are, the darker they are. And the hair is like a freakish mixture of Freddie Benson's hair (in the later seasons of iCarly), David Tennant's hair, and a brush cut. I can't draw short hair to save my life, so I have the most trouble with Dagger's hair...

Taking another look at it... Really, if you just shortened his head, weird as that sounds, it'd be a lot closer...

Last edited:
They're jeans. Wash varies from RP to RP. But the skinnier they are, the darker they are. And the hair is like a freakish mixture of Freddie Benson's hair (in the later seasons of iCarly), David Tennant's hair, and a brush cut. I can't draw short hair to save my life, so I have the most trouble with Dagger's hair...

Taking another look at it... Really, if you just shortened his head, weird as that sounds, it'd be a lot closer...

Aha. Short hair is hard for me... but I can try in the nest one. I suppose I'll have to color the next one, too, then XD Or maybe I'll just redo this one.

Hm he's seventeen. Meli's major backstory occurs at points when she's twelve, thirteen, and seventeen, so making her a teen won't work so well in RPs--the youngest I can possibly afford Rp-wise is nineteen, and really, she works best above 21.I'm so used to my characters being adults >> What I'm saying is, I'd like to try to pull off an adult Dagger. My brain auto-ages him anyways, mleh. I am weird.

HERE'S A BUNCH OF ART WITH NO REAL EXPLANATION >>

This is in the cover of my binder:
fley35.jpg

Keriki doodles:
4fv0iu.jpg

...I really don't know.
2eoy2ci.jpg

STEAMPUNK PRIVATEER AREN AW YEEAH :cool:
2rc7v4p.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom