• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Amazing Fantasy: A Spider-Man Mafia Prequel [NIGHT 10--HIATUS]

Spider-Man

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
The lizards eye open and spiderman sees human pupils.
Hey doctor, did you take your own advice and have an apple a day? Seems like you got into something else?
Spiderman holds his hand out to a fellow scientist friend to help him up, hopeful that this dr Jekyll Mr Hyde baloney was finally over.

Spider-Man

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
Hey Curt?
WIth great power comes great responsibility.
You're onto something amazing here! Take it from a friendly face, some tweaks and this could be the ultimate health care solution!
But it starts with you not letting that beast inside be superior to your own will.

Mint Elv

Fish!

The Lizard watched as the pest jumped and slammed his fist pointlessly against him, not even flinching at the hit. A foolish move that for sure hurt Spiderman more. As he watched his foe fall, he dodged a string of webbing aimed at his head, however the webbing hit his tail instead. With the full weight of Spider-Man yanking on his tail, and the tower being old, the forced caused his foothold to crumble, The Lizard falling down and landing on some of his precious pets. Having knocked out some of his pets with his fall, angrily he began climbing back up after Spider-Man who had caught himself on the tower with his webs.

He used his tail to knock away debris from the top that the web slinger grabbed and threw at him. The pieces he dodged ended up hitting his pets. Now it was just him and Spider-Man, but he would not let that deter him from squashing him like the bug he was.

Mint Elv

Fish!

The rain of debris changed into webbing. The Lizard dodged and used his claws to slice through it until webbing once again caught his tail. It was then he could see Spider-Man jump, once again intending to yank him down. He would not fall twice however as he detached his tail, letting it fall with his enemy, the masked annoyance landing on the ground with the detached tail still wriggling like a lizards tail would.

It would take a few moments, but a new one would grow. Jumping down and landing properly this time, The Lizard charged Spider-Man, striking out with his claws and gnashing with his teeth.

Spider-Man

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
The lizards eyes had narrowed back to human eyes. The antitode that Curt had made wasn't strong enough. Spiderman slips what remained of the syringe into his pocket, maybe he can reverse engineer it later to be better?
HIs spider sense tingles as he narrow dodges claws and nashing teeth.
He watches as the tail regrows at an ungodly speed.
Spiderman lunges forward and flips up and over the lizard. He sticks to his back just out of reach of his claws. He webs down under his armpits to the ground below and pulls up hard, causing the Lizard to slam forward hitting his chin hard on the floor. Lizard teeth skid everywhere. Guess they will have to settle their differences when he is unconscious...might give Spidey some time to find a cure.

Spider-Man

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
With the Lizard temporarily unconscious on the ground, spiderman covers him with webbing and begins to run around the lab, looking for anything he can find. He comes across multiple failed vials, and then an interesting chemical formula. It takes him a second to understand what it is before quickly looking around for the ingredients he needs.
The antidote wasn't strong enough - it was a prototype. It didn't account for the healing factor, and size of the new body. Luckily the formula was quite simple, and would only take a minute to make. Peter mixes the ingredients together into a centrifuge, and pushes the button. No luck. Peter switches the fuse on the wall, and the power churns to life in the building. He pushes the button again. 20 seconds.
The lizard isnt on the floor.
18 seconds. Spiderman closes his eyes, allowing his spider sense to envelope him.
15 seconds.
Scutling sounds.
10 seconds. Hot breath on his neck.
7 seconds.
Claws raised behind him
4 seconds.
The floor shifting slightly from his sheet weight.
1 Second.
As the lizard goes to smash Spidey and the centrifuge, he grabs it in one fluid motion and backflips over him, pouring the liquid down his open gullet.
Now he just has to survive long enough for it to take affect.

Mint Elv

Fish!

Jumping on the Lizards back wasn’t the success Spider-Man expected. Sure it was a tougher reach for his claws, and low enough down for his teeth. But not his new tail. A whip of that knocked the masked man from his back.

Rather than follow Spider-Man into the lab, he decided to hide and wait for him in the water. He called to whatever pets had recovered, ready to ambush Spider-Man.

Spider-Man had the right ideas, if he was going to stop the Lizard, it had to be with his mind more than his brawn. Unfortunately for him, he was always more of a chemistry whiz than a biology pro. Desperate to make a cure, he was too sloppy in his execution, and though he tried attempt after attempt, all he ended up doing was tiring himself out the way he had hoped to tire out his opponent.

09i4oKw.png

As Mint Elv comes crashing through the lab, destroying all of Spider-Man's hard work, the frustrated hero yells "Curt please, can't you see I'm trying to HELP you!"

But the Lizard lunges at him, coldly retorting "Do I LOOK like I need YOUR help?!"

In one fell swoop, Spider-Man is knocked unconscious... Somewhere in the multiverse, a news reporter says: "This could be a tragic day, for the people of New York... It could be the end of Spider-Man."

Mint Elv has won the FIGHT against Spider-Man!

If you care about point totals, Mint scored an impressive 22 points across her 8 fight-posts.

Meanwhile, Spider-Man got 17 points from his 8 fight-posts.

Mint Elv can now decide Spider-Man's fate!

Will you
Bite Down on the arachnid-themed superhero's neck?

This would Kill most players, but in the case of our titular hero, it will only see him temporarily Exiled instead... (Still, perhaps it would get him out of the way long enough to take care of business without his interference?)

Or will you try to help him see that your transformation is a gift... By forcing him to accept it himself?
After all, he injected you with random concoctions twice during that Fight, so it's only fair you do the same...
This will turn Spider-Man into the Lizard-Spider.

The choice is yours, Mint Elv...

Last edited:

Mint Elv

Fish!
If you care about point totals, Mint scored an impressive 22 points across his 8 fight-posts.
Dang not a perfect score. I’ll have to work on that.
Will you Bite Down on the arachnid-themed superhero's neck?
This would Kill most players, but in the case of our titular hero, it will only see him temporarily Exiled instead... (Still, perhaps it would get him out of the way long enough to take care of business without his interference?)

Or will you try to help him see that your transformation is a gift... By forcing him to accept it himself?
After all, he injected you with random concoctions twice during that Fight, so it's only fair you do the same...
This will turn Spider-Man into the Lizard-Spider.
Oh gee golly. What a hard choice.

I could temporarily exile him to be nice and not take away towns precious hero who decided to attack me immediately instead of trying to talk nicely and work with me. Which would help town.

But I‘m not town and I felt more threatened than anything as soon as I entered the active pool. No one asked how they could help. Instead Spider-Man immediately attacked me with no warning. So….

MAKE HIS BUTT INTO the Lizard-Spider!

Xl0AS6Q.jpg

As the sun rises over the sparkling city of skyscrapers, New York must contend with three problems.

One, the Lizard is on the loose, and the reports are coming in that he defeated the city's hero the Night prior who failed to stop him from kidnapping an innocent child.

Two, the Sandman is still at large. This nearly unstoppable super-powered convict has not caused as much of an upset in the city as others of his ilk, but make no mistake that he is just as dangerous.

And three, the Green Goblin's identity remains an unknown. While the jury is still out on if this dastardly foe is as dangerous as some of the other villains running or flying about, one thing is certain, it is harder to catch someone you can't identify than it is to catch someone you can. So far he's only killed a single NPC, let's hope for the town that his threats of murder remain as empty as they've been thus far.

And all without a Spider-Man to contend with them. No one has seen the wall-crawler since he fought the lizard, which is bad for sure because for many of these villains, he might be the Town's only hope to apprehending them...

What is a helpless town to do about it all?

I guess you could always turn to the Mafia for help... :devil:

And in other news... Dragonteacup has transitioned into the Exiled Player pool.

•••••

IT IS NOW DAY 9

With 19 players in the Active Player pool, Day 9 will last for 100 hours, placing the Deadline on Friday, December 1st, at 10 PM Eastern Time.

Click here for an accurate countdown

Quick-Jump Links
:gletsgo:

<< Start of Day | < Last Vote Count | Game Status Post | Today's Daily Bugle | Next Vote Count > | End of Day 9 >>

Last edited:

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge

GAME STATUS PAGE

CURRENT DEADLINE

IT IS NOW DAY 9. Day 9 will end on Friday, December 1st, at 10 PM Eastern Time.

Click here for an accurate countdown

CURRENT VOTE COUNT

N/A

STOCK EXCHANGE
Currently CLOSED.

The Daily Bugle: Wilson Fisk
Fisk International: N/A​
OsCorp: Norman Osborn
Roxxon Energy Corporation: Norman Osborn

ONGOING EVENTS / EFFECTS

Storyline: TBA

PLAYER STATUS

Mod Note: Crossed-out player names represent previously held characters and do not count as being "a player in this pool" for the purposes of abilities and win conditions that care how many players are in a given pool.

ACTIVE PLAYERS

1. Captan_Lunch
  2. Doc (previously revealed as Aunt May Parker)
  3. Freddeh
  4. HangryHangryHippo
  5. Invisible Woman
  6. KingofDominaria
  7. lain
  8. LittleGumball
  9. Mint Elv
  10. Mister Fantastic
  11. Princess Abigail
  12. Ragnarokio
  13. Rubik
  14. Skystone
  15. Spiritual Mask Salesman
  16. Tevish Szat
  17. The Thing
  18. Turin
  19. Vroendal

ARRESTED PLAYERS
  1. Princess Abigail was the Mafia-Aligned Burglar, who cannot be bailed out
  2. Andjalo is Doctor Octopus, who cannot be bailed out
  3. Storm is Electro, who cannot be bailed out
  4. Asfinyti is Jackson "Montana" Brice, who cannot be bailed out
  5. Asfinyti is Daniel "Fancy Dan" Brito, who cannot be bailed out
  6. Asfinyti is Raymond "The Ox" Bloch, who cannot be bailed out
  7. Silverfish is Mysterio, whose bail is pending start of Day 9...

DEAD PLAYERS
  1. Tevish Szat was the Origin-Aligned Radioactive Spider
  2. Stability was Origin-Aligned Mac Gargan
  3. Morbid Minish was Town-Aligned Flash Thompson
  4. Killjoy262 was the Mafia-Aligned Crime-Master
  5. Paranoid King was Town-Aligned John J. Jameson III
  6. TheCapsFan was Origin-Aligned Adrian Toomes
  7. ExLight was Mafia-Aligned Joseph Hammerhead

EXILED PLAYERS
  1. Aaarrrgh
  2. dragonteacup

UNKNOWN PLAYERS
  1. Hello World
  2. DuskyBlue

REPLACEMENT PLAYERS
  1. Nobody. Want to join the game? Hit me up.

Replacement Continuity:
PARANOID KING replaced NEOSILK, ANDJALO replaced DARKSTAR, & LITTLEGUMBALL replaced THEATOG (who appears in thread as "deleted member 97076" cuz he ragequit the entire forum)

THREAD LINKS

1. Day 1 Start | Stan 1.1 | First Vote Count | Daily Bugle | Stan 1.2 | Second Vote Count | Third Vote Count | Stan 1.3 | End of Day
    1. Night 1 Start | Tevish (the Radioactive Spider) dies | End of Night
  2. Day 2 Start | First Vote Count | Daily Bugle | Stan 2.1 | Second Vote Count | Stan 2.2 | Third Vote Count | Stan 2.3 | End of Day
    1. Night 2 Start | End of Night
  3. Day 3 Start | First Vote Count | Daily Bugle | Stan 3.1 | Second Vote Count | Excelsior! | Third Vote Count | End of Day
    1. Night 3 Start | He Who Watches... | End of Night
  4. Day 4 Start | First Vote Count | Daily Bugle | Stan 4.1 | Stan 4.2 | End of Day
    1. Night 4 Start | Spider-Man vs. The Big Man (End of Night)
  5. Day 5 Start | First Vote Count | Daily Bugle | Second Vote Count | End of Day
    1. Night 5 Event
  6. Day 6 Start | First Vote Count | Daily Bugle | End of Day
    1. Night 6
  7. Day 7 Start | First Vote Count | Daily Bugle | End of Day
    1. Night 7
  8. Day 8 Start | First Vote Count | Daily Bugle | Second Vote Count | End of Day
Yoink

Oh hey, it's day.

It's funny... I was targeted three times last night. One was Vro just tracking me, albeit with a different character/role than he had on N3. I have my suspicions as to how that happened, but I'll ask him if he'd care to explain.

Another target was attempting to distract me. The third tried to kill me. Uncool. Also ineffective. I suspect Maf coordinating against me despite the current supervillain situation, given the attempted one-two punch

All identities have been discerned with reasonable certitude. The question that remains is if town actually possesses the executive vigor to vote out the threats who are clear and present in their face. I'm kind of doubting my fellow non-scum given how sideways everything has gone

CERTAIN CURRENT THREATS TO THE TOWN
CL
KoD
Rag
Skystone
Lain
Mint

Lizard-Spider is currently redacted from the list since we don't know what his state is, but he's probably a threat and I would support that lynch

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom