• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Amazing Fantasy: A Spider-Man Mafia Prequel [NIGHT 10--HIATUS]

The Human Torch

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
A PSA:
The Superhero alignment has a loss threshold based on a certain number of players being dead by the end of the game. It is highly unlikely that the means to revive the dead will be achievable. Those who have repeatable abilities to protect or heal other players, I would kindly request that you don't squander your utility.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
A PSA:
The Superhero alignment has a loss threshold based on a certain number of players being dead by the end of the game. It is highly unlikely that the means to revive the dead will be achievable. Those who have repeatable abilities to protect or heal other players, I would kindly request that you don't squander your utility.
Good to know.

Would it be advantageous to know what your win condition is like?

The Human Torch

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
Good to know.

Would it be advantageous to know what your win condition is like?
Since it is likely that others will share this alignment that do not already share it, I would prefer to give others the opportunity to reveal what they'd like without being trapped by my words now. I revealed the existence of the loss threshold after careful thought to allow them a chance, through the good will of the players, that they may not have otherwise received depending on the choices made throughout the game. The killers should not be killing as they are.

I just want to inform everyone that I made a pretty egregious error on Day 2 when resolving abilities, but I have already taken steps to fully account for the potential damage and correct the issue so that no harm has been done to the game state as a whole.

There's really no need for me to expand on things other than that, because as far as y'all are concerned no error was made and it didn't even impact 93% of you. But it was significant enough that I felt the need to make this comment and let y'all know the game had to be adjusted slightly to accommodate it. This will all be clearer once the game is over but for now, don't worry about it.

All is well. Carry on.

Hey so I just used "burning the midnight oil", but what's the actual benefit? it lets me post at night but is there anything else helpful to that?

There are a few players who can talk at Night in the Game Thread as a passive ability. Using "Burning the Midnight Oil" lets someone who doesn't have such an ability join in on the conversation, which could be pretty important if people are openly discussing what to do with their Night Actions and your name comes up as a possible Target! :eek:

But otherwise, yeah, no, Burning the Midnight Oil is only to let you talk in the Game Thread during the Night. Generally, if you're going to use it, it is better to use it early, since it is one of the few abilities that activates instantly instead of waiting for the End of Night resolution phase. Using it with 20 minutes to go on the Night clock is pretty hilarious though. I lolled. :lol:

How many shares are in the daily bugle? just curious

12. It started with 10 and has had a new one generated each Day so far. In theory, as long as interest in buying continues to exist, a new one will be generated Daily.

Aaaaand that's the end of Night 2. It is now DAWN. Everyone, please refrain from talking while I tally up the Night's results and get ready to start Day 3.

For those not checking the Discord announcements...

Zinger2099 said:
Hey @Amazing Fantasy: ASMMP Players, just to keep you all in the loop, I had planned to start Day 3 today, but those plans got sidelined by an unexpected (though probably predictable, had I had even an ounce of foresight) turn of events that I talked about in ⁠general a bit so I won't rehash here. Now, given I'm doing an epic 12-hour marathon Twitch stream tomorrow (check out ⁠baldurs-gate-3-livestream for details if interested--would love to see you join the fun), I probably won't have the chance to start Day 3 then either. Which means Day 3 start is getting pushed to Sunday, and probably later in the day as I predict I will sleep in given the late night I'll have had before.

I know we're all a little frustrated that the Dusk leading into Night 2 lasted so long, and now the Dawn will end up lasting a comically similar obscene amount of time. It is unfortunate, but it is what it is. Take this as an opportunity to relax for the weekend without stressing about the game too much, or as an opportunity to catch up on the game if you had fallen behind on reading up on events. Don't worry, interest and motivation to run this game on my part is not faltering, these delays are literally just some bad luck resulting from the timing of the release of Baldur's Gate 3 (which I had been pledging to stream on launch day for a while) paired with the sudden news I was given this morning about the mafia game. None of this could really be helped or avoided.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. :hug:

LittleGumball replaces theatog, and there was much rejoicing in the land​

spider-man-good-riddance.gif

PLEASE can this be the last replacement I have to do? I'm begging y'all... And I'm maybe just a little bitter...

I promise Day 3 will start today...

I'm working on it now, despite a migraine that I have had since yesterday.

It is finally a brand new day! The sun is rising, the roosters are singing, and the people are getting out of bed.

That is to say, except for the one who turned up DEAD.

Captan_Lunch was found down by the docks this morning, riddled with holes. They say he was shot at least 3 times, and beat up for good measure! Whoever wanted this guy really wanted him good, the kind of wanted that screams "This is a comic book, and in comic books whenever there is no body that means they aren't dead--so let's make sure there IS a body, and it is UNQUESTIONABLY DEAD."

Well, they got their wish. Captan_Lunch is dead alright.

Or is he?...

"What's this?" one of the forensics investigators asks, pointing at the corpse's neck. There seemed to be some sort of skin-colored flap sticking out from under his Captan_Lunch's collar...

Pulling on it a little it is revealed that the face is actually A MASK!!

A life-like mask of Captan_Lunch, and underneath it is none other than the face of the international criminal known as THE CHAMELEON!!!

Captan_Lunch is not dead because it seems the people who tried to kill him all murdered The Chameleon instead. Whoops.

e5F1YaB.jpg

IT IS NOW (finally) DAY 3!

With 25 players in the Active Player pool, Day 4 will last 100 124 hours (The deadline is Saturday Sunday, September 9th 10th, at 5:15 AM, Eastern time). The deadline was extended by 24 hours to account for Mod delays.

Click here for an accurate countdown.

Last edited:

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
for anyone presently confused, zinger accidently posted the day post before sending night results, and is sending those as we speak

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom