• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Amazing Fantasy: A Spider-Man Mafia Prequel [NIGHT 10--HIATUS]

DHRzIxB.jpg

– Page 2 –
Triple Threat
By Ned Leeds

Last night our top investigators found that there were 3 non mafia threats to the town in the active pool as of last night, which is an increase from when we had 1 non-mafia threat to the town in the active player pool during night 4. The Green Goblin and Sandman are known, but there is a secret third threat among us. Their presence is likely The Lizard, according to some helpful information sent in to the Bugle.

Could the Sandman be Lain? We have discovered that Lain is supervillain aligned, has bonus or secret votes, and has no corporate shares. Lain's return to the Active player pool matches with Sandman's arrival in New York City. Lain also started the game in Jail, which matches the Sandman. Regardless of which threat they seem to be, what matters is their malicious intentions toward our beautiful citizens. Whether or not the Green Goblin is not a threat to town, the Green Goblin is mafia, or wherever the Sandman or Green Goblin was simply not in the active player pool during night 4 remains to be seen.

We have also discovered that working for a threat to town does not count as being a threat to Town. If you're not a villain yourself, working for one does not makes you guilty by association.

Keep up the great work, lovely people of NYC. Don't lose heart!

(This article received a front page fact-check. All bolded and green information is true, all bolded yellow information is null.)

8xGDaj0.jpg

– Page 3 –

Letters to the Editor

Martha Connors said:
Dear Editor,

Please, I beg of you, you must print this letter. I fear my son and I are in danger, and I have no other way to get word to SPIDER-MAN save through you.

My husband Curt is not well. He is a scientist, working on cross-species genetics. There was an accident, and I fear he has turned himself into some kind of monster.

No doubt you have heard the rumors of a giant lizard stalking the Florida swamps? They are true, and that giant lizard is my husband.

He has been transformed in body but also in mind. He is not himself. When last I saw him he spoke of his transformation like it was a gift and not a curse... He wants to turn EVERYONE into lizards like him, starting with his son. Our son Billy. My god he is going to come for my son.

The cops will shoot him on sight. They see only the monster, and not the man. But I know he is still in there.

Billy looks up to SPIDER-MAN. He says SPIDER-MAN is the greatest superhero. I have come to your city to find him, because Billy has me believing that SPIDER-MAN is our only hope. Only he is strong enough to match my husband's newfound strength. Only he is compassionate enough to capture him alive.

Please, dear editor. If you can somehow reach out to SPIDER-MAN, and let him know he need by target Martha Connors with any target ability he possesses, and we'll be able to speak after that. My husband Curt Connors desperately needs his help. I need his help. My son Billy needs his help!

I am NOT crazy. Time is of the essence. Help us, SPIDER-MAN, you're our only hope.

Signed
Martha Connors

Dear Martha,

This letter could be from an NPC, Abigail who could be temporarily playing the role of Martha, or even Mint. Any of those three seem decently plausible.

-Ed.

Anonymous said:
I am entirely disheartened. I was shocked to see Spider-Man hesitate on saving innocents, just because he worried about himself first. I did not think a hero would ever do such a thing. And now through a role PM I have discovered more disturbing news of the hero. He could have stopped a super villain transformation, but instead allowed it to happen. He can still help them but frankly I fear he will refuse.

I no longer trust Spider-Man. I can only see him as a fake—a man who lets others suffer and plays hero only when it is convenient for him. Maybe he is just the Human Torch in disguise. Has anyone else noticed how the Human Torch has calmed so much so suddenly and yet Spider-Man behaves like the Human-Torch did before.

Could someone be playing at hero, using their names to hide as they actually let people slowly kill each other. I implore everyone to please watch out for yourselves and be careful when trusting those that call themselves heroes. I cannot help but believe a liar is amongst them and is manipulating us all towards doom.

Signed
Martha

Dear "Martha",

This letter could be from Abigail who could be temporarily playing the role of the Lizard or Martha, or even Mint who might permanently be playing one of those two roles. Either sounds plausible.

-Ed.

Anonymous said:
Justice isn't as complicated as the double-talkers and smooth dealers make it out to be. Someone lives a life of crime, of fornication and lies and and unfair deals, that's their own choice. That's injustice. And justice is what is left when injustice is removed.

In your inaction, in your repeated failure to scorn the unjust and cast out the villains, that is where you show yourself to be one of them, just like the rest of the vermin. Rats, gnawing at the foundations of the house of the state, cockroaches skittering from the light, and the apathetic, effeminate do-nothings who allow that to be: they're just as guilty.

By the time this letter reaches print, I will have begun the futile work of removing the worst filth from this city. Fear me, for I know the true face of the world. Hate me, for I do not offer you empty absolution. But believe me, judgment day is coming for those who have done wrong, have aided and abetted wrongdoing, have let themselves grow fat on the greasy leavings of wickedness.

What do you see?
Rorschach_blot_01.jpg

Dear Anonymous,

I hope you're having fun killing rats or whatever it is you're doing.

-Ed.

8xGDaj0.jpg

– Page 4 –

Editor's Note — Lizard Watch
By Joseph "Robbie" Robertson

Dear Readers,

Who is the Lizard? If I knew definitively I'd say so, but unfortunately most of what I have to work with is the fact that I received the above two letters this morning (postmarked yesterday). One of them is validated in a way that shows it was sent by Martha Connors, the other is impossible to validate.

I have made one minor edit to both "Martha" letters. The sender may feel free to identify themselves as the sender letting me know what I edited in their message either in future letters or in the thread if they see fit to do so.

There are three primary suspects for sending the first letter and 2 primary suspects for sending the second letter. Mint recently entered the active player pool, which is consistent with either character we have seen no hide or hair of this game.

Abigail also recently changed characters, presumably due to actions by Hello World who might be setting events into motion or through pre-planned events by the mod. This changed character I speculate could be one intended to support Mint's character's story. I believe the most likely situation is that Mint is the Lizard and Abigail is Martha Connors, but I can't say that for certain and the opposite is also entirely possible.

I do also believe it's possible that Martha Connors is an NPC to support Mint (or less likely Abigail), whichever might be the Lizard. Martha Connors could be a built in cry for help to give Mint or whoever else a chance at being saved from a life of villainy.

It is also possible that both letters are from Martha and she has an ability that makes her able to send two letter in a Day or that one of the letters was generated by an ability or something that made it possible to send a second letter.

There's a decent chance I'm wrong and one of the few players we haven't identified yet happens to be Conners or Martha.

Keep up the good work everyone,

Robbie Robertson
EDITOR-IN-CHIEF OF THE DAILY BUGLE
Contact Us

8xGDaj0.jpg

– Page 5 –

Strommy Waters
By Joseph "Robbie" Robertson

The Daily Bugle would like to apologize for mistakenly assuming that Lain was Professor Mendel Stromm in a prior issue of the paper. Further review of evidence and a greater understanding of the existence of NPCs in the game has lead us to believe that Lain is unlikely to the Stromm and that Stromm is most likely an NPC.

Yes, while Lain did begin the game in jail, so to did Flint Marko, also known as Sandman. Sandman was seen entering New York City the same time Lain entered the active player pool, making it extremely likely that Lain is Sandman given the fact that Lain is also a supervillain.

That said, I suspect that Mendel Stromm is not a player at all, but rather an NPC. This would line up with the fact that they did not show on the list of jailed players at the start of the game.

(Bolded information is mechanically confirmed, but not mod-confirmed.)

8xGDaj0.jpg

– Page 6 –

Spider-Man Assaults Young Lady Minding Her Own Business
By J. Jonah Jameson

Reports have come in of Spider-Man pursuing a young Woman over the roof tops of the city continually trying to tie her up in what can only be assumed as some sicko fetish. Reports indicate the young lady in question is none other than Black Cat, who has been working diligently to establish a peace between the gangs of New York and the fine citizenry - showing just how much of a menace this spider truly is.

The latest reports indicate she was able to fight him off long enough to flee into a public building, but only time will tell if she truly escaped this monster's grasp.

8xGDaj0.jpg

– Page 7 –

Advertisements

image.png

Please send any such info my way.

HOSTESS.png

16seamads161_465_730_int.png

Classifieds - The Daily Bugle is now Hiring!

The Daily Bugle is looking to hire a photographer, a secretary, reporters, and possibly other staff.

Please write a Letter to the Editor validated by your character name with your character name, player name, alignment, desired salary and anything you'd like to say about why you think we should hire you.

Application enclosed below.

Application said:
Character name:
Player name:
Alignment:
Desired salary:
Why we should hire you:

Solicitation

PLEASE BE SURE TO REACT TO THE DAILY BUGLE AND SEND A LETTER TO THE EDITOR EVERY DAY TO KEEP OUR BUSINESS SUCCESSFUL. THANK YOU FROM ALL OF US AT THE DAILY BUGLE.

8xGDaj0.jpg

– Page 8 –
Daily Funny

Calvin and Hobbes

19851127.png

Nancy
image.png

Heathcliff
a2b309facad13609538e9704b266afe2.png

Daily Bugle Archives
:goverhere:

<< First Issue | < Last Issue | Game Status Post | Next Issue > | Final Issue >>

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Also HHH is currently a threat to the Town according to a non-journalistic ability that just resolved back at the paper.

I'd like to find a way to redeem him, if possible.

As the Spider Slayer's tentacles continue to restrain Spider-Man, he begins to realize his being tired from the Night before is not the only reason he can't pull away; this robot Jameson so smugly controls seems to be adapted to work specifically against his very proportionate spider strength! Like a Chinese finger trap geared exclusively for spiders, the harder he pulls, the more the tendrils tighten around him.

KnSdSre.png

Assuming that this Mafia universe's version of our titular hero is indeed a high-school student as is his comic book counterpart, there's no question that he's about to be late for class... That is to say if he ever gets a chance to go to class at all!

School is now in session (for those of you who are concerned with such things).

XfTYbS8.jpg

ALSO, WITH A DING OF THE BELL THE STOCK EXCHANGE IS NOW OPEN FOR BUSINESS!

•••••

Day 8: Spectacular Second Vote Count

a.k.a. The "Is J. Jonah Jameson actually going to beat Spider-Man? MAYBE!" Vote Count

Spider-Man (4): HangryHangryHippo

There are 15 available Standard Votes, so it takes 8 to reach a Majority. Whoever is controlling the Spider-Man account is currently at M - 4.

Not Voting: Captan_Lunch, Doc, Freddeh, KingofDominaria, lain, Mint Elv, Princess Abigail, Ragnarokio, Rubik, Silverfish, Skystone, Spiritual Mask Salesman, Storm, Tevish Szat, Turin, Vroendal... Oh, and also 3 members of the Fantastic Four.

Day 8 will end on Friday, November 10th, at 11 AM Eastern Time (click here for an accurate to the second countdown timer).

1. HangryHangryHippo votes Spider-Man
  2. HangryHangryHippo's vote was DOUBLED by the Mark I Spider Slayer
  3. HangryHangryHippo's vote was DOUBLED by the Mark I Spider Slayer, AGAIN! (Holy smokes, a compounding doubling effect! Bad news for our titular hero...)

Last edited:

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Vote: HangryHangryHippo

I can't just like, let Spider-Man get arrested with 3 non-mafia threats still out here, can I?

Last edited:

Mint Elv

Fish!
Dear Martha,

This letter could be from an NPC, Abigail who could be temporarily playing the role of Martha, or even Mint. Any of those three seem decently plausible.

-Ed.

do also believe it's possible that Martha Connors is an NPC to support Mint (or less likely Abigail), whichever might be the Lizard. Martha Connors could be a built in cry for help to give Mint or whoever else a chance at being saved from a life of villainy.
Slander!

In seriousness why ain’t the second one a possible npc?

Also despite this happening when I did return to the active pool, I actually could have returned the previous day phase.

You could reduce that 3 to a 2 by aiding in the arrest of spider-man. Town also gets a nifty NPC helper, no masks. But you know all this Rubik.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Slander!

In seriousness why ain’t the second one a possible npc?

Also despite this happening when I did return to the active pool, I actually could have returned the previous day phase.
The second letter doesn't really read especially like what I'd expect from an NPC.

Regardless, there's plenty of time for an investigation to occur while we deal with the more pressing threats to town, namely Lain and HHH at a minimum and determining if they need to be arrested and if there's any way to save them from villainy.

Mint Elv

Fish!
Well the Lizard doesn’t seem to be a threat currently. Or rather if we believe one Martha, then it sounds like Spider-Man can help.

Though how dangerous would it be to have Spider-Man arrested? They are clearly not easy to kill since even balck cat would have only exiled them. If it makes HHH not a threat, then what’s the harm?

can we just vote for spider-man too or how do we help you ?
Nah, that's personal utility. The Daily Bugle vote that went on the Kingpin account day 1 was me testing it out. Still not sure where that ended up since the title was in contention at the time. I don't really have any inkling how anybody can help short of outting spider if they know the identity. But I don't expect that to happen anyways.

@Ragnarokio do you have to wait for your dinner or is the resolution of that fight currently ongoing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom