• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Amazing Fantasy: A Spider-Man Mafia Prequel [NIGHT 10--HIATUS]

ld8p5Dk.jpg

– Page 2 –

The Hunt for the Green Goblin Continues
By Joseph "Robbie" Robertson

The Daily Bugle decided to look into SMS, who we suspect to be Miles Warren. We determined that SMS was Town aligned as of the time he was investigated last night. Last night, SMS possessed no bonus or hidden votes and had no shares of stock leading us to conclude it is unlikely that he's the Green Goblin.

SMS is currently Town-aligned, possesses no bonus or hidden votes, and owns no stocks.

The Green Goblin continues to elude investigators to this day.

(This article received a front page fact-check. All bolded and green information is true, all bolded yellow information is null.)

8xGDaj0.jpg

– Page 3 –

Letters to the Editor

Anonymous said:
Three dead in The Bronx last night. Woman and her son went first. Typical beaten housewife, frightened of everything but the valium and oxycotin and alcohol killing her faster than than the wretched life in a squalid apartment alone would manage. The son, 'sensitive' artistic type, no passion in life. Likely homosexual. Poisoned at dinner -- makes no difference whether it was intentional or due to narcotics-induced neglect. Father, drinker, comes home late to find the bodies. Takes the fire axe from the apartment hall and aims to vent his rage on nearest living thing. Found a dog and a few squirrels before being shot by the police. Since he was a white man, doesn't even make the news. They say no one died, no one tried to kill, lying to cover the ugliness humans bear. Town and mafia are vermin, alike skittering through the streets, picking through the **** and piss and used condoms of the gilded peers who fancy themselves somehow different as they dally with alleged aliens and freaks who wear masks as part of capering for fame.

You who read this are offered no absolution -- it's all just us who made the streets and made them filthy. Those who don't fancy the bed they lie in must make another without the weak-willed compromises that have poisoned minds and eaten up lives in the pursuit of empty dollars and unattainable happiness.

61xu-S2-DKKg-L-AC-UF894-1000-QL80.jpg

Dear Anonymous,

Reads a lot like Rorschach, but that's DC.

-Ed.

Anonymous said:
Dear Robbie,

How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if the Green Goblin could chuck pumpkin bombs?

Dear Anonymous,

I don't know man, they don't pay me enough for this.

-Ed.

8xGDaj0.jpg

– Page 4 –

Editor's Note
By Joseph "Robbie" Robertson

Dear Readers,

I write to you today because I am concerned about the wellbeing of my boss, J. Jonah Jameson. While he is most likely Town-aligned, he also requires that Spider-Man leave the Active player pool at some point or else he will lose the game. While this would be foolish at a time where crime is running so rampant, perhaps Spider-Man would be willing to pay a quick trip to the Arrested pool or go on vacation in Exile at some point.

Keep up the good work everyone,

Robbie Robertson
EDITOR-IN-CHIEF OF THE DAILY BUGLE
Contact Us

8xGDaj0.jpg

– Page 5 –

Doctor Octopus Threatens City
By Ned Leeds

A reliable source has informed the Bugle that last Night, Andjalo, who is known as the villainous Doc Ock, successfully used an ability called "Conduct ILLEGAL Nuclear Experiment," which apparently results in the destruction of New York City if used X number of times. We do not know the exact value for X, but we do know it is a single digit. Doc Ock's lab in New Jersey was on fire, rumored to be from an explosion, during Day 5. Who knows if that was a failed experiment or a successful one? And how many attempts occurred before that? All we can say for sure is that multiple clocks are ticking toward our doom. Stay safe, New York City.

Doctor Octopus was the subject of a two-man team up against Spider-Man and the Human Torch today. The Green Goblin declined to join the battle, citing the fact that he isn't supervillain-aligned. While Electro arrived late to the fight in hopes of turning the tables against our costumed heroes, ultimately justice prevailed. Our heroes were left with a choice between arresting both of them or arresting one of them and setting back both of their plans. Andjalo was sent to jail with no bail and both their plans were set back by one day, but Storm still remains at large.

Once again New York City is safe, but with the Sandman, Green Goblin, and maybe even the mafia waiting for an opportunity to change that, no one knows for how long.

(Bolded information is mechanically confirmed, but not mod-confirmed.)

8xGDaj0.jpg

– Page 6 –

JJJ's Rants—In Business For Themselves
By J. Jonah Jameson

So these hot heads are out here playing dress up pretending to be heroes and what do we have to show for it? May Parker arrested based on the word of Torch with no proof, no due process, no RESPECT for her civil rights! Clearly he learned nothing from his rampage through Fisk International as he blindly accused another individual! May Parker is already been released from custody though, no bail needed as she very clearly wasn’t the criminal mastermind Torch made her out to be. So the question is what grudge does Torch have against May Parker?

And now, without addressing the matter at all, he’s tag team bullying esteemed scientist Otto Octavius just for trying to find a source of clean energy to replace out outdated and damaging current methods. I guess the world isn’t hot enough for Torch so he has to resort to contributing to global warming!

Seriously the only so called “Hero” that hasn’t made a complete mockery of our Justice System so far is the Devil of Hell’s Kitchen. But that’s mostly because he likes to hide in the shadows playing ninja in his pajamas!

8xGDaj0.jpg

– Page 7 –

Electro Robs Bank, Forgets to Bribe Entire Bugle Not to Report It
By J. Jonah Jameson

Yesterday three banks were simultaneously robbed. Reports do not indicate there was a connecting factor but reports also neglect that Spider-Man was nowhere to be found to stop them. Yet again this so called “hero” has failed this city. Some say he was napping again, clearly having learned nothing from the death of James Wesley. But in his absence the Bugle has learned that Electro was one of the three individuals that was present at said robberies. Afterwards multiple staff members reported receiving bribes from Max Dillion, leaving one to conclude the intent was to not be splashed into the pages of the Bugle.

Since the robbery Electro has continued to light the night. Electro has claimed that the aim of this event is to end the game but only after anybody that would challenge this action has a chance to fight him.

8xGDaj0.jpg

– Page 8 –

Advertisements

0d6d32f544288ddb92f8c72342e5ec15.png

comic_ads.png

8xGDaj0.jpg

– Page 9 –

Smear Campaign

The Daily Bugle
is running a Smear Campaign against @Storm. This is a public service announcement.

Storm is a real bad dude. A menace to society, even! And you should really believe what you read about him here in the paper because the Daily Bugle is never wrong about these things, and they have endorsed this smear campaign! Don't trust him. Heck, let's put him behind bars!

FOR THE REST OF THE DAY, STORM HAS A -1 PENALTY TO HIS THRESHOLD.

jyhyaaP.jpg

Classifieds - The Daily Bugle is now Hiring!

The Daily Bugle is looking to hire a photographer, a secretary, reporters, and possibly other staff.

Please write a Letter to the Editor validated by your character name with your character name, player name, alignment, desired salary and anything you'd like to say about why you think we should hire you.

Application enclosed below.

Application said:
Character name:
Player name:
Alignment:
Desired salary:
Why we should hire you:

Daily Rumor

Robbie Robertson is a journalist with integrity who would never let his feelings get in the way of a story.

Solicitation

PLEASE BE SURE TO REACT TO THE DAILY BUGLE AND SEND A LETTER TO THE EDITOR EVERY DAY TO KEEP OUR BUSINESS SUCCESSFUL. THANK YOU FROM ALL OF US AT THE DAILY BUGLE.

8xGDaj0.jpg

– Page 10 –
Daily Funny

Calvin and Hobbes

nuketoon.png

Nancy
800808.png

Heathcliff
tumblr_p8f5osjaVk1sil6s0o1_500.png

Daily Bugle Archives
:goverhere:

<< First Issue | < Last Issue | Game Status Post | Next Issue > | Final Issue >>

Last edited:

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
was outing two town players necessary

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
iirc you coloured it yellow and said it returned null or something? did you not try to verify doc's identity as may parker n6(ish?) or did you try to and get a null result back?

We can only verify one article a day and I think "Doc seems okay since he's Aunt May" was worth verifying at the time.

The null results were expected.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
My intent was to pay those who are doing the best they can do
Jameson has money. He doesnt need more
And Abs was in jail, so i couldnt send it to her.

I told everyone i was gonna rob banks and chill. And i robbed banks. And im chilling

Now the Bugle has been posted. Gimme my Hotel Room
Vote: Storm

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
While im at it...
how did i get 2 games in a row without a " Color your vote to do a thing"

I think everyone is trolling

There's been a Hammer. Storm has been LYNCHED. Please stand by (do not post or send in abilities) while I put up Day 7's Final Vote count. Will take me a few hours probably cuz right now I'm burnt out. Barely halfway through the day and im already out of spoons gdi. XD

The Stock Exchange has also closed.

Last edited:
"The people have spoken. He's too dangerous to be left alive," said the Judge at Storm's hearing. "Although the state of New York will officially abolish the death penalty in 2004 (or 2007 depending on who you ask), thankfully, this is a prequel set in the 60s and 70s (or, in 2003 if you subscribe to Marvel's sliding timeline), so your goose is cooked, and I can think of no more fitting punishment for your particular crimes than to sentence you to death by electric chair."

Warning: The following comic panels may be disturbing for some viewers...

nG7xz2t.jpg

PGiWU7A.jpg

Storm has been LYNCHED...

...But it seems death by electric chair only POWERED ELECTRO UP!! Electro gets a permanent +1 to his Threshold.

Due to his apprant immunity to lynching (or at least, this very specific method of lynching via electric chair), Storm, a.k.a. Electro, has been Arrested instead, while the people involved investigate other ways to carry out his death sentencing.

Also, in completely unrelated news... Princess Abigail has disappeared again.

•••••​

Day 7: Spectacular Second (and Final) Vote Count

a.k.a. The "Who's idea was it to sentence Electro to death by electric chair? That guy should be fired!" Vote Count

Storm (9): LittleGumball, dragonteacup, Princess Abigail, Tevish Szat, Spider-Man (with Rubber Gloves), lain, Spiritual Mask Salesman, The Kingpin of Crime, Aaarrrgh, Storm
LittleGumball (1): Electro
dragonteacup (1): Electro
Princess Abigail (1): Electro
Tevish Szat (1): Electro
lain (1): Electro
Spiritual Mask Salesman (1): Electro
The Kingpin of Crime (1): Electro*

*This vote is added to the controlling player's total for the purposes of determining if their threshold is reached. If you are the controlling player, this means your total of votes against is one higher than it appears.

The Daily Bugle smear campaign reduces Storm's Threshold by -1.

The Kingpin of Crime's vote makes Storm's Threshold into a Lynch Threshold.

There are 17 available Standard Votes, so it takes 9 to reach a Majority. With 9 votes against, Storm Is at M-0.

Storm has been ARRESTED WITHOUT THE POSIBILITY FOR BAIL because he somehow survived his intended LYNCH.

That's the second time this game y'all have pushed to Threshold one of the hardest roles to see Removed due to abilities at its disposal that the owner of said role has for one reason or another just decided never to use. Lucky for you!

Not Voting:
Asfinyti, Asfinyti, Asfinyti, Captan_Lunch, Doc, Freddeh, HangryHangryHippo, KingofDominaria, Ragnarokio, Rubik, Silverfish, Skystone, Turin, Vroendal

DAY 7 ENDED WITH STORM'S ARREST!

IT IS NOW NIGHT 7!

With 19 players in the Active Player pool, Night 7 will last for 50 hours.

Night 7 will end on October 25th, at 10 AM Eastern Time (click here for an accurate to the second countdown timer).

1. LittleGumball votes Storm
  2. Electro votes LittleGumball [404: Error, vote link not found]
  3. dragonteacup votes Storm
  4. Electro votes dragonteacup [404: Error, vote link not found]
  5. Andjalo votes dragonteacup and LittleGumball
  6. Princess Abigail votes Storm
  7. Electro votes Princess Abigail [404: Error, vote link not found]
  8. Tevish Szat votes Storm
  9. Electro votes Tevish Szat [404: Error, vote link not found]
  10. Storm votes Vroendal
  11. Storm votes Asfinyti
  12. Spider-Man votes Storm, wearing a pair of Rubber Gloves!
  13. lain votes Storm
  14. Electro votes lain [404: Error, vote link not found]
  15. Spiritual Mask Salesman votes Storm
  16. Electro votes Spiritual Mask Salesman [404: Error, vote link not found]
  17. The Kingpin of Crime votes Storm, and changes Storm's Threshold to a Lynch Threshold
  18. Electro votes The Kingpin of Crime [404: Error, vote link not found]
  19. Aaarrrgh votes Storm with a Bonus Vote from Exile (Woah... He can do that?!) [404: Error, Vote link not found]
  20. Storm hammer votes himself

Quick-Jump Links
:gletsgo:

<< Start of Day | < Last Vote Count | Game Status Post | Today's Daily Bugle | Next Vote Count > | End of Day >>

Last edited:
Also, this is the second time in the game a player has literally Hammer Voted themselves out of the Active Player pool...

Why is this happening? Can we not make that a trend, please?

Unless there is some strategic advantage to voting yourself (and I can think of only 2 or 3 players for whom that might be true--none of whom are the two who have done it), then voting yourself will be considered poor sportsmanship, which is against the spirit and rules of the game, and I'll act accordingly to prevent it.

Last edited:

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge

GAME STATUS PAGE

CURRENT DEADLINE

IT IS NOW NIGHT 7. Night 7's Deadline has been set for Saturday, October 25th, at 10 AM Eastern Time.

Click here for an accurate countdown.

CURRENT VOTE COUNT

N/A

STOCK EXCHANGE
Currently CLOSED.

The Daily Bugle: Norman Osborn
Fisk International: Wilson Fisk
OsCorp: Norman Osborn
Roxxon Energy Corporation: Norman Osborn

ONGOING EVENTS / EFFECTS

Storyline 2: Light the Night! (Continues)

PLAYER STATUS

Mod Note: Crossed-out player names represent previously held characters and do not count as being "a player in this pool" for the purposes of abilities and win conditions that care how many players are in a given pool.

ACTIVE PLAYERS

1. Asfinyti
  2. Asfinyti
  3. Asfinyti
  4. Captan_Lunch
  5. Doc (previously revealed as Aunt May Parker)
  6. dragonteacup
  7. Freddeh
  8. HangryHangryHippo
  9. KingofDominaria
  10. lain
  11. LittleGumball
  12. Ragnarokio
  13. Rubik
  14. Silverfish
  15. Skystone
  16. Spiritual Mask Salesman
  17. Tevish Szat
  18. Turin
  19. Vroendal

ARRESTED PLAYERS
  1. Princess Abigail was the Mafia-Aligned Burglar, who cannot be bailed out
  2. Andjalo is Doctor Octopus, who cannot be bailed out
  3. Storm is Electro, who cannot be bailed out

DEAD PLAYERS
  1. Tevish Szat was the Origin-Aligned Radioactive Spider
  2. Stability was Origin-Aligned Mac Gargan
  3. Morbid Minish was Town-Aligned Flash Thompson
  4. Killjoy262 was the Mafia-Aligned Crime-Master
  5. Paranoid King was Town-Aligned John J. Jameson III
  6. TheCapsFan was Origin-Aligned Adrian Toomes
  7. ExLight was Mafia-Aligned Joseph Hammerhead

EXILED PLAYERS
  1. Aaarrrgh
  2. Mint Elv

UNKNOWN PLAYERS
  1. Hello World
  2. DuskyBlue
  3. Princess Abigail

REPLACEMENT PLAYERS
  1. Nobody. Want to join the game? Hit me up.

Replacement Continuity:
PARANOID KING replaced NEOSILK, ANDJALO replaced DARKSTAR, & LITTLEGUMBALL replaced THEATOG (who appears in thread as "deleted member 97076" cuz he ragequit the entire forum)

THREAD LINKS

1. Day 1 Start | Stan 1.1 | First Vote Count | Daily Bugle | Stan 1.2 | Second Vote Count | Third Vote Count | Stan 1.3 | End of Day
    1. Night 1 Start | Tevish (the Radioactive Spider) dies | End of Night
  2. Day 2 Start | First Vote Count | Daily Bugle | Stan 2.1 | Second Vote Count | Stan 2.2 | Third Vote Count | Stan 2.3 | End of Day
    1. Night 2 Start | End of Night
  3. Day 3 Start | First Vote Count | Daily Bugle | Stan 3.1 | Second Vote Count | Excelsior! | Third Vote Count | End of Day
    1. Night 3 Start | He Who Watches... | End of Night
  4. Day 4 Start | First Vote Count | Daily Bugle | Stan 4.1 | Stan 4.2 | End of Day
    1. Night 4 Start | Spider-Man vs. The Big Man (End of Night)
  5. Day 5 Start | First Vote Count | Daily Bugle | Second Vote Count | Third Vote Count
    1. Night 5 Event
  6. Day 6 Start | First Vote Count | Daily Bugle | Second Vote Count
    1. Night 6
  7. Day 7 Start | First Vote Count | Daily Bugle
Snapshot

The Human Torch

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
@KingofDominaria I request permission to perform an action which would be considered an indirect impediment to the Mafia, in the pursuit of something unrelated (as far as I am aware or as I can imagine) to your goals. I am aware that per my end of the deal, I owe you my name in a wire transfer tomorrow. I shall do so if I am able.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom