• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread [Day 5] Zelda an Orcarana of Time as Remembered by Someone Who Only Played a Little Bit of it Well Over a Decade Ago Mafia

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
@Johnny Sooshi where you at?
Sorry, some personal life drama that out my partner at odds with my mother-in-law took up my evening after dinner.

I'm not gonna elaborate how it works.
Why are you hesitating to say you're not mafia?
"I swear I'm not scum guys, btw not gonna explain my mechanic"

Also, I'm town aligned fwiw

Unvote
Vote: Ex

I like Viral's current posts, they fit with what Viral tends to do as town (if I remember correctly). I particularly like his recent read on Kirino, as Kirino has seemed pretty non-committal.

I don't like that SMS drops off and then comes back and full claims this way. It lines up with his softs, but it still isn't a good look. No other takes from, just a brief rehash of what everyone knows coupled with his claim and appeal.

In the same vein @Morbid Minish has disappeared as well and while I understand she's handling medical stuff, I haven't really liked many of her posts at all this game. Just super bland stuff imo.

Hey, it's odd that you expect people not to vote for Ex if they're scum reading him just because Ex might name claim and die at some point. If he's scum he likely won't. He'll find a reason not to. Just like bussing it's not a foregone conclusion regardless of his alignment. The logistics will have to be right for it to happen, if that's what he wants. And if he doesn't want to, then votes will have to flow anyway. So there's no point in telling people to put it off without a solid reason.

Listen, going back to this I find there's only a very small window where KJ became a front runner in the wagons that scum!Mikey could have jumped off without looking bad. This point is about mid 100's, as prior to that Mikey was the sole KJ vote. After that KJ becomes a competing wagon first with my "fake wagon" of redirected votes, then with Mikey himself. Once KJ's wagon got to a point where scum!Mikey jumping wouldn't have saved him, bussing becomes an optimal play at that point since KJ is dead with or without scum!Mikey's vote but leaving it where it is provides opportunity to gain town cred. Given that Mikey's original vote came during RVS and had a touch of RVS to it itself (Mikey stating that if KJ's action wasn't bolded he'd 100% take it as a joke but since it was he's only 50% taking it as a joke), it's easy enough to write off as not that serious of a read. Throw in that Oocoo's vote on KJ was mis-recorded as for Chevy in the latter mid 100's and that Chevy's was redirected to me and it's reasonable to suspect scum!Mikey could have simply missed his window to move his vote before it became more trouble than it was worth. This was a long process just to say I don't feel like it's out of the realm of possibility for Mikey to still be scum despite the KJ wagon.

In other news I feel a little better about Viral after rereading yesterday. End of Day Reki still makes me lean scum in general, although the buzzer shot on Mikey does not, as there's nothing to be gained by that vote (KJ would still be lynched even if that was counted).
This makes me want to town lean Numbers hard. It's a great analysis of play and something that I don't see scum doing this much. Scum win on misdirection, so they aren't trying to iso solve when a player should unvote since it likely poorly frames innocents too much. The only flaw I see is that Scum Reki implies town Mikey if we take the Twilight vote from yesterday into account. Inverse isn't necessarily true though.

Given the posts so far on what's been said the convo options I like are:

A convo between Ex and Min is good since it shows whether they meld. If they don't, betting one or the other is scum.

A convo between Viral and Mikey. They're already going at it, so this may decline in necessity, but it could be insightful.

A convo between Viral and Reki. Same as above, but Reki still hadn't posted quite enough for my liking and I think this is a good way to see what they'll say to each other.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
"I swear I'm not scum guys, btw not gonna explain my mechanic"
I really don't get what you all think you're accomplishing by trying to vote me out and it really annoys me. I just need to survive the night to be able to share the results and you all decide to come after me before it? Despite it possibly being able to clear me but other people?

As I said before, leaving it as vague as possible for now should only WIFOM scum as they have to deal with me in one way or another.

Lynching or Nightkilling me is exactly what they want now, and you're all just making it easier for them.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
this is stupid, I'm not just gonna sit here and watch myself die for being honest because people are too paranoid of nonsense ****

why would I even bring this up if I were scum? killjoy getting lynched D1 means scum is gonna play safe, like it was already mentioned here it's really stupid for scum to pull off a 1-1 trade here

THINK TOWN, THINK

Yall always doing this ****, give me a break

Unvote
Vote: Viral

yall really ignoring that he said scum should tiebreak and buss and the fact he was the one who did that?

not to mention him pushing me for no reason and trying to fish how my lie
detector works before claiming to noy be mafia?

The only flaw I see is that Scum Reki implies town Mikey if we take the Twilight vote from yesterday into account.

Hey listen, I wouldn't necessarily agree. Scum!Reki can easily see at that point that KJ is going down. If Mikey is scum too, he's going to claim the town pants off of the bus so scum!Reki has no reason to twilight bandwagon as they won't be able to also go for the town pants. But a scum!Reki can safely vote a scum!Mikey knowing it will have zero effect on the Lynch but serve the effect of distancing them in the coming days. It's also possible that SMS is scum partner to Reki and Mikey is 3p.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
oh I guess you said SMS would be scum in that scenario

hmm, I feel like Mikey would've counterclaimed 3p though?

SMS' full claim makes me inclined to believe them since I feel like a 3p wouldn't want to take risks against a Lie Detector specially if they just want to survive

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
Vote Count
Viral (2) - Mikey, Exlight
Exlight (3) - Viral, Uwu, Johnny
Not Voting (6) - Minish, SMS, 15377, reki, Kirino, Chevy

~12 hours to deadline

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Ok um I'm liking Ex more and more, he's coming across as flustered town when he gets accused. I guess Mikey and Ex are both town.

Vote: Viral Maze

oh I guess you said SMS would be scum in that scenario

hmm, I feel like Mikey would've counterclaimed 3p though?

SMS' full claim makes me inclined to believe them since I feel like a 3p wouldn't want to take risks against a Lie Detector specially if they just want to survive

Hey listen, Mikey wants to be town read. He's not going to turn around and claim to not be town. Also if SMS is scum and controls the hit tonight he doesn't have to fear a lie detector.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Ngl I've been pretty out of it this day phase.

I'm town.

For the record Ex has played 2 Zelda games at this point. So he does know some Zelda stuff. And it definitely wouldn't be past him to look stuff up. I did to fakeclaim in MtG mafia on Bulba and it was believable.

I could see this being a gambit but if it is it's most likely coming from town Ex. Not sure if Rag would let a lie detector shot work on statements like that so it could be a reaction test. Either way it is kinda weird people are thinking Ex is scum for this move.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
yall really ignoring that he said scum should tiebreak and buss and the fact he was the one who did that?
Its NAI
not to mention him pushing me for no reason and trying to fish how my lie
detector works before claiming to noy be mafia?
Trying to figure out if I trust you.

Do you think I'm scum, or you just trying to not die? Who are my scumbud(s) in your opinion?

Ok um I'm liking Ex more and more, he's coming across as flustered town when he gets accused.
Its an appeal to emotion.

Kirino

Tatakae
Its an appeal to emotion.
It’s definitely part of Ex’s meta that he tends to be more emotional/jumpy as town and more calm and reasoned as scum, and I think he’d been demonstrating the former somewhat even before he started being suspected like this. Not that it’s impossible for him to fake it (although I think he has a hard time doing so, at least for extended periods), but it’s enough to give me at least a slight town read on him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom