• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread [Day 5] Zelda an Orcarana of Time as Remembered by Someone Who Only Played a Little Bit of it Well Over a Decade Ago Mafia

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
3p can just wolfside
2-2-1 isn't winnable for town, but town can decide who wins
3p could've been a threat to scum and prevent them from winning on the spot
and even if it was something like survivor they're more likely to not blatantly side with scum and still try to help town until the end because winning with scum requires them to out themselves which can backfire if there are still modifiers or if the 3p just has a change of heart

town can also just pull a gambit and claim to be mafia here to confuse the 3p even if they're willing to help scum
voting the 3p here is never the right choice probably since they could also end up hitting mafia during the night

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
Killjoy

Welcome to Zelda: An Orcarana of time as remembered by someone who only played a little bit of it well over a decade ago mafia! You are Scary Thing, the mafia aligned Scary Thing. You appear in an area earlyish in the game i think i can't really remember i don't want to remember aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Abilities:
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
- You're pretty scary for a monster in a kids game wow. Once per night you can appear in front of another player. They'll see a picture of you and will become so afraid that they'll drop whatever triangles they're holding.

I can't even look at it - You're immune to all investigative actions. If anyone were to investigate you they'll instead elect not to and instead just assume you're town or a regular guy or something. (this will make you appear as town, a regular guy, and having taken no actions respectively.

One of the bad guys - You're on a team of bad guys who are working together for some reason. Your team mates are Morbid Minish, The Spider Who Lives Inside The Deku Tree and Kirino, The Owl that You See when you Leave the Village. You can talk with them privately at any time outside the thread, and although you don't have to, you may use this discord server to do so. You win when all threats to the mafia are eliminated or when it becomes impossible to stop you from doing so.

Kirino

Welcome to Zelda: An Orcarana of time as remembered by someone who only played a little bit of it well over a decade ago mafia! You are The Owl that You See when you Leave the village, the mafia aligned Owl that You See when you Leave the village. I honestly can't remember much about you at all. You might give zelda directions or something? Do you ever appear again? Are you secretly working with ganondorf? Anything's on the table as far as I'm concerned.

Abilities:
(mis)Directions
- Once per day you can send a player an anonymous message the following night that will be described as coming from "a helpful source".

In league with ganondorf??? - Once per day you can send ganondorf an anonymous message the following night that will be described as coming from "a possible collaborater".

You can Fly - If you would ever be lynched you will just fly away instead. You'll no longer be treated as a living player and will lose the ability to execute the mafia kill but will be allowed to continue posting in thread, any private chats you have access to, and activate your two abilities.

One of the bad guys - You're on a team of bad guys who are working together for some reason. Your team mates are Killjoy262, the Scary Thing and Morbid Minish, the Spider who Lives Inside the Deku Tree. You can talk with them privately at any time outside the thread, and although you don't have to, you may use this discord server to do so. You win when all threats to the mafia are eliminated or when it becomes impossible to stop you from doing so.

Minish

Welcome to Zelda: An Orcarana of time as remembered by someone who only played a little bit of it well over a decade ago mafia! You are The Spider Who Lives Inside The Deku Tree, the mafia aligned Spider Who Lives Inside The Deku Tree. You're a spider who lives inside the deku tree and also the first boss of the game which i guess makes you mafia.

Abilities:
You Live Inside The Deku Tree
- You can talk at any time outside the thread with [playername], the tree you live inside. Additionally, you've been together for a while now and have ended up becoming pretty decent pals. As long as both you and [playername] are alive at the end of the game you both win the game even if you would otherwise lose. You can feel free to use this Discord server if you'd like. Keep in mind that Chevy does not know your alignment.

Hey Look an Adventurer - At some point in the game some players might journey into the deku tree. When This happens, you gain a full list of all such players and are allowed to perform a thorough investigation on one of them, giving you a copy of their role PM.

Webshot - I don't think you do this in the game but it seems pretty topical so once per night you can wrap a player in some sticky web. They'll be trapped in webs and until the next time they reach 2 votes they won't be able to vote or activate abilities. As a warning, the flavour will make it pretty obvious a spider did it.

One of the bad guys - You're on a team of bad guys who are working together for some reason. Your team mates are Killjoy262, the Scary Thing and Kirino, The Owl that You See when you Leave the Village. You can talk with them privately at any time outside the thread, and although you don't have to, you may use this discord server to do so. You win when all threats to the mafia are eliminated or when it becomes impossible to stop you from doing so.

Chevy

Welcome to Zelda: An Orcarana of time as remembered by someone who only played a little bit of it well over a decade ago mafia! You are Deku Tree, the town aligned Tree with an Old Man's Face. You're at the beginning of the game so I'd like to think i remember a thing or two about you. You're some sort of big wise tree near the starting village and there's a spider inside you so link has to go inside and also there might be a triforce piece in there?

Abilities:
There's A Spider Inside You
- You can talk at any time outside the thread with Morbid Minish, the spider inside you. Additionally, you've been together for quite some time now and are partial to each other's company. As long as both you and Morbid Minish are alive at the end of the game you both win the game even if you would otherwise lose. You can use this Discord server if you'd like.
Seeking Adventurers To Enter Me - Once per game during the day you can call to have any willing adventurers enter you and go on an adventure the following night. Players who enter you will have all their abilities fail on targets outside you and vice-versa. Additionally, one of them at random will receive a magic triangle. This ability can only be activated during the first half of a day.

One of the good guys i guess? - You win the game when all threats to town are eliminated.

Additional Info:

triangle of courage gives all actions strongman and non-lethal action immunity

Jinjo

Welcome to Zelda: An Orcarana of time as remembered by someone who only played a little bit of it well over a decade ago mafia! You are Zelda (Boy) the town aligned Hero. You're the main character of the game and together with your friend who is a fairy you go on an adventure to do something that i can't really remember i assume the plot picks up eventually and you have to beat ganondorf and collect the triangles or something.

Abilities:
The Search for Zelda
- Once per night you can target a player. If their name is zelda you'll be added to a neighbourhood with them and something good may happen. Be warned that you may not be the only one searching for zelda.

Orcarana Of Time - You have a nifty magical artifact that lets you play songs which do convenient and neat things. You start the game with one song, the song of time, but gain a new song at the beginning of each day.

Horrible Menace - You sneak into someone's house at night and make a mess of it. If they have any triangles you'll steal them and when they get home they'll be so distraught they'll be unable to activate abilities the following day.

Song of Time - Makes it tomorrow. This ability can be activated at any time during the day and any number of times but does not affect the game in any meaningful way.

Additional Info:

If zelda (boy) dies the search for zelda will be inherited by a random living zelda, preferring those already in the network.

Songs:

Song of Moving Somewhere Else - Target is telepored into the deku tree and added to the neighbourhood, gains the survivor wincon. 1 Use
Song of Confrontation - Choose two players, everyone can vote for them and at the end of the day there are 2 lynches 1 Use
Song of Finding the Triangles - Tells you the location of one triangle at random.
Song of Ressurection - Ressurects a dead player as a Stalfos aligned Stalfos. If at any point in the game Stalfos make up at least half of the game you win the game and everyone else loses the game. Stalfos need to kill you to win the game and are able to talk to each other but do not know who you are. Stalfos are considered threats to town.

Johnny

Welcome to Zelda: An Orcarana of time as remembered by someone who only played a little bit of it well over a decade ago mafia! You are Zelda's Childhood Friend, the town aligned Childhood Friend of Zelda I can't remember your name but i'm pretty sure you have green hair. I don't think you play any significant role in the story at least up until the point i played but you do wake zelda up in the beginning which if you think about it is pretty huge because the game would be boring if zelda never woke up. You're basically the main character if you think about it that way.

Abilities:
Wakeup Call - At any time during the day you can choose two players during the day to wake up as soon as night starts. They will be able to talk in thread for the duration of that night.

Triangle of Wisdom - You start the game with the triangle of wisdom. IDK who's wise idea it was to trust you with that. As long as you possess the triangle, you'll get a full list of every player who targeted you during the previous day/night cycle at the end of each night.

Cool Green Hair - Your hair is pretty cool. This isn't an ability, just a compliment.

A Good Friend - You win the game when all threats to the town are dead.

Viral

Welcome to Zelda: An Orcarana of time as remembered by someone who only played a little bit of it well over a decade ago mafia! You Are Zelda (Boy(Girl)), the town aligned Ninja. You are the boy version of the girl version of zelda who is also a ninja. I don't think i ever got this far into the game but it sounds pretty confusing.

Abilities:

Confusing Identity
- As a result of having a confusing identity all investigation roles used against you will return "???" as a result.

Sneaky Stalking - you can choose a player to stalk at night. They will be told that someone is listening to them and be given the option to give a monologue that you will be able to hear.

Stick to the Shadows - You feel that someone might be looking for you. You might want to keep your identity a secret.

One of the good guys? - You win when all threats to the town are dead.

Exlight

Welcome to Zelda: An Orcarana of time as remembered by someone who only played a little bit of it well over a decade ago mafia! You are Zelda (Man) the town aligned Hero. You are the protaganist of the game and it is up to you to gather the triangles and beat ganondorf or something. You have several trusty tools to accomplish this such as the sword, the shield, the orcarana of time, the captured fairy slaves, probably a boomerang, the boots that make you sink to the bottom of the water if you step into the water with them, etc.

Abilities:
Bag of Tricks
: You've got more gizmos than ganondorf can shake a stick at. Once per day/night cycle at any time you can tell me the name of an item that appears in the game and you'll receive it.

You're The Hero: You will appear town in all investigations.

Hyrule's Most Wanted: There are people trying to find out who you are. It might be best to keep your identity on the down low.

One of the good guys: You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Additional Info

You have obtained the Lens of Truth.

Using the revolutionary power of rumble-pak technology the lens of truth will passively alert you at the end of a day if any player lied during that day.

You've obtained the mirror shield! It appears to be a mirror and also a shield. You can use this at night to reflect all negative actions to another random player. For each action reflected this way, however, the mirror cracks, causing you to be less lucky and require 1 less vote to lynch early permanently. This can't reduce your lynch threshhold below 2. Lethal actions cause the mirror to crack twice.

You've obtained the mighty Master sword.! This weapon seems pretty powerful but its also incredibly brittle and breaks at the slightest touch. What did they make this thing out of?

Master Sword - While the master sword remains unbroken you have an extra vote. If you are ever voted however, it will break, and you won' be able to get it fixed until the following night.

Numbers

Welcome to Zelda: An Orcarana of time as remembered by someone who only played a little bit of it well over a decade ago mafia! You are Navi, The town aligned Pixie. Some people argue you are the most iconic character in the entire game as a result of you following around the main character and saying things more often than some people would like.

Abilities:

Center of Attention
- At any time in the thread you can include "Hey Listen" in bold within one of your posts. If you do, the next vote in thread will be redirected to you.

Can't get rid of it - Whenever you're lynched, you'll come to life the following day.

Negligible Physical Strength - For the purposes of determining non-town win-cons, you're a non-factor.

Reki

Welcome to Zelda: An Orcarana of time as remembered by someone who only played a little bit of it well over a decade ago mafia! You are Zelda (Girl) the town aligned Wizard Princess. I don't really remember what role you play in the game but i think in smash bros zelda can float or something so i'm going to assume she's a wizard.

Abilities:
Float or something
: Your wizardly powers allow you to dodge the first non-lethal negative ability which would affect you each night. Whenever this ability activates, it will be unavailable the following night.

Fireball: You gather all of your power to do a fireball on target player. Once per night you can use this ability to set target player on fire. If they don't roll around by the end of the next day they will burn to death. This is considered a harmful ability.

Wizard Intuition: Your mastery of the arcane allows you to peer into other's souls. When you use this ability, you can additionally guess what your targets role name is. If the guess was wrong, you'll be given your targets role name. If your guess was right, you'll be given their role pm.

Incognito: You have a suspicion there are people searching for you. It might be best not to reveal your identity.

Mikey

Welcome to Zelda: An Orcarana of time as remembered by someone who only played a little bit of it well over a decade ago mafia! You are Epona, Town Aligned Horse. You are the horse that i think zelda gets pretty close to the start of the game in the meadowy area outside the village and are a trustworthy friend.

Abilities:
Melon doesn't know you're sapient
- You spend your free time hanging around the farm with Melon. You may overhear her saying things occasionally.

Your Destiny is to be United With Zelda - As Zelda's Horse, you can't do much until you've been reunited with zelda, and as a simple horse there is unfortunately not much you can do to make that happen. You'll just have to wait until the day zelda comes to the farm to pick you up for your adventure to begin.

Technically a good guy - You win when all threats to the town are dead.

Additional Info

Can use 2 of these 4 each night:

Giddyup - You and Zelda's Abilities become unblockable tonight
Chomp - Bite one player with your strong horse teeth. They'll become wounded and the next time certain lethalish negative abilities (including this one) are used on them they will die.
Horsish Intuition - You and Zelda both block one incoming non-lethal negative ability tonight
Rear up - As a result of yor intimidating display, you and zelda gain a -1 vote modifier tomorrow.

Note: I accidently including the following in Mikey's DM as well as a mistake "Inseperable - Any ability which would target you or zelda instead targets you both. This was from an older version of the role which has intuition block lethal negative actions as well.

SMS

Welcome to Zelda: An Orcarana of time as remembered by someone who only played a little bit of it well over a decade ago mafia! You are Ganon or Ganondorf i forget which, the self aligned ultimate bad guy. I don't think i ever actually got to the point in the game where you're introduced but you have brown skin and a big nose which makes your character design seem like it might be a little bit racist? Why does the badguy have to be dark-skinned and have a big nose? Huh Nintendo? I digress.

Abilities:
You Hate Zelda
- Your raison d'etre is killing zelda. One of the major issues with this is that yo're not exactly sure whether zelda is the boy or the girl or even a metaphysical concept or something. In any case, there are at least 4 players in the game that you would consider to be zelda in some form. In order to win the game, they must all be dead. Additionally, whenever you kill one you gain bonus powers. (For the purposes of lynching, being one of the final 2 votes on the wagon of a lynched player will mean you killed them)

You Love Triangles - Your other raison d'etre is gathering triangles. It just so happens you start with one of them. The Triangle of Strength (b/c you are strong). In order to win the game, you must also be in collection of all three triangles.

Triangle of Strength - You get an extra vote as long as you maintain control of the triangle of strength

Zelda Slayer - Once per night you can target a player. If they're zelda, they'll die, otherwise they'll be told you walked up to them last night and stared at them for a while and then walked away.

Feel free to ask any questions you might have.
Please confirm that you've received your role in the sign up thread here. Once everyone has confirmed the game will begin.
And have fun! :)

additional info:

Bonus Abilities:

Thick Skin - You can no longer be affected by negative night action (investigations are always considered negative for you)
Shakedown - Once per night you can target a player and steal all their triangles.
Intimidating Presence - You're treated as if you have up to 2 less votes than you do, but never so many less that it would make you unlynchable.
Final Sprint - When you activate this ability you can use Shakedown up to 5 times this night, however at the end of the night you'll lose all of your bonus abilities.

Uwu

Welcome to Zelda: An Orcarana of time as remembered by someone who only played a little bit of it well over a decade ago mafia! You are Melon, Town Aligned Girl Who Gives Zelda the Horse. I had a friend who was a big fan of you but i can't really remember anything about your character aside from that you gave zelda the horse (i hope i'm right about this otherwise this ones a big miss).

Abilities:
Give Zelda the Horse:
Once per night you can target a player and if they are zelda they will get the horse.

Never Know Who's Listening: Sometimes you get the feeling you're being listened to. At any time during the day or night you can send me a message. Somebody may receive it the following phase.

One of the good guys: You win when all threats to the town have been destroyed.

I didn't save all previous night actions but I'm pretty sure it went something like this:

Day 1: Jinjo uses song of time
Night 2: mafia (forget who) hits Jinjo
SMS uses zeldaslayer on numbers
ex obtains the lens of truth
reki fireballs jinjo
reki investigates johnny (guessing name incorrectly)
uwu gifts horse to reki
Jinjo uses search for zelda on exlight
viral stalks mikey
Day 3: Ex obtains the mirror shield
Night 3: Ex activates Mirror Shield
Minish hits ex, which is redirected to chevy
Mikey chomps numbers and uses horsish intuition
SMS uses zelda slay on viral
Reki fireballs kirino
reki namecops minish
ex searches minish
Day 4: Ex obtains master sword
Night 4: mikey chomps minish
sms zeldaslays reki
kirino kills numbers
reki investigates minish
reki fireballs uwu

feel free to let me know if i missed anything or if you have any questions

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
Yeah, uh, sorry about that. I thought wagonomics might be pointing at you last night.

Btw I believe you did pretty good for your first FM game, congrats!
You lit me on FIRE? What the heck, bro! XD

@Ragnarokio good game! Absolutely hilarious all around, was not expecting how interconnected it was behind the scenes.
Also can someone explain to me how on last day both my scum reads were town and both my town leads were scum? Lol good game all around, thanks for not killing the newbie on the first night.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
You lit me on FIRE? What the heck, bro! XD

@Ragnarokio good game! Absolutely hilarious all around, was not expecting how interconnected it was behind the scenes.
Also can someone explain to me how on last day both my scum reads were town and both my town leads were scum? Lol good game all around, thanks for not killing the newbie on the first night.

Me and Kirino are known for being good scum players. And we got kinda lucky with our claims that we tweaked to look townier.

You did great for you first game on here though! Hope you join more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom