• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Pendio Mafia X

Status
Not open for further replies.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
ok I’m like pretty caught up so I’ll give my thoughts

Mellow Ezlo - town lean. I really like his post and he has been trying to scum hunt. I also like how he was trying to stop an unnecessary 3p lynch and trying to scum at at eod.
Rubik - town. honestly reminds me of his playstyle in Raccoon City He hasn’t been necessarily too helpful but I’m willing to think he’s town just because I’m getting vibes from when he was IC
Funnygurl555 - forgot who they replaced but both haven’t posted much of anything. Null
Spiritual Mask Salesman - honestly from his post it doesn’t really feel like he’s trying. It seems like he was trying to lay low for most of day 1. His posts today aren’t bad though but he is being called out so I wanna say scum lean for him.
Morbid Minish - same with mez. She was trying to stop the unnecessary 3p lynch and searching for other solutions to deal with sun than waste a day 1 lynch on sun. Her arguments with funnier remind me of town minish too so I wanna say town lean.
funnier6 - overly aggressive at the start of day 1 which gives me scum fun vibes but now he’s giving me more town fun vibes. I am just gonna say null since I’m unsure atm
Kirino - hasn’t said much but what he has said I like to an extent. Wasn’t a fan of his vote on sun though. Seemed a little opportunistic to me tbh. Null/scum lean
Jinjo - honestly pure null. I don’t know what to feel about them
Cynical Squid - dw didn’t post at all so who knows
DekuNut - hasn’t posted much. Wanna see what he has to say today.
Poyzin - hasn’t said much and when he did say anything it didn’t make any sense. Scum lean for me
Ragnarokio - scum lean. Don’t like her vote on sun. Kept contradicting herself and didn’t even really contribute til eod. I wanna say she’s scum.
Johnny Sooshi - hasnt said much but I like his post. Town lean
Silverfish - this is because of Killjoy but he was really playing safe and it seemed like he was being coached. Wasn’t really making many rookie mistakes which seems odd to me. I wanna scum read but I wanna se what silver has to say before that.
MixMasterLar - town read. I like his post and I like his effort.

Vote: Poyzin

Can you please say anything of value

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
Am I missing something here? Is there some special reason that is an obvious conclusion?

To me its because neither of the kills make sense coming from mafia. My impression of ex was that he was getting a lot of flak and would probably have been a high priority for today's lynch had he survived. I felt like there were probably a lot of players scumreading him. This both makes him a bad kill for mafia and a more likely target for vig. Admittedly though, a lot of players seem to have had a different impression of ex. I don't see why mafia would ever kill giri.

Only thing I could think of is you would want the topic to be closed. I'm trying to put myself in your shoes here because I'm the type of player who always looks at the vote count remembering who voted who and who can't be scum together.

This makes sense in theory, but in practice if i wanted the topic closed i wouldn't be talking about it. Your insinuation that i intentionally ignored funnier's vote on me because we are both scum was probably weird enough that even if i didn't respond to it nobody would have questioned it, and so if i wanted the topic dropped I would have done it that way.

Do you have any impressions on players other than me and funnier this game?

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
Ragnarokio - scum lean. Don’t like her vote on sun. Kept contradicting herself and didn’t even really contribute til eod. I wanna say she’s scum.

What don't you like about my vote on sun? Why do you think i was contradicting myself?

I think SMS is the best lynch today. I've heard multiple people say low-effort posting is his scum meta and that's all he's been doing. If he's scum he'll also basically soft exonerate a lot of players. Removing another low-effort player from the game is also a plus.

MixMasterLar

Beach Bum Extraordinaire
Yooooooo Pensacola's my birthplace dawg

@funnier6 I try not to be as aggro as I use to, although I never intended it to ever mean anything outside the games anyway. I hope people know that.

-----

Rubik saying that he should be confirmed, unless a direct reference to something that gives it better context, is the weakest reason to townread someone and I can't jump on board with that.

I think when it comes to Rubik his supporters are just going to have to meet me halfway on other lynch targets because I simply am not putting anyone in the town pile playing like that when I know he's played better in other games. This isn't me trying to start a fight but I'm not just going to say nothing about it either.

Kirino I think is fairly good just for trying to start a fresh wagon, no matter how much I diagreed with it I think 95% of wolves just let the day ride out there in that state. That's really the only reason to remove him from the D2 table but I feel it's a solid one.

Same applies to Min and the Giri lynch. If Min is a wolf who tried to lynch an inactive over a 3rd party then yoooo that's that 4D chess ****.

I like Funny's/Eaman's entrance but if she waits until EoD to return after it that's going to be a bad look.

I don't outright hate funnier's reads list and am ok letting them do what they do right now.

I want everyone to at least check in and post content before I do another reads but I'll probably do one in bed tonight eitherway. Mondays tend to be filled with me hosting/eating/goofin' with friends so lower content from me today.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
yeah thinking back you might be right

i flip-flopped around a lot towards the end of the day while doing analysis so i wouldn't be surprised if i said a lot of different things. I thought there was a reasonable chance that sunfan was scum but i don't think that generally factored into my decision to lynch him. In the post funnier quoted i'm pretty sure i was just thinking out loud or responding to something somebody said and not justifying my vote on the basis of him possibly being scum. If anything I was more afraid of him being cult or SK than i was of him being mafia.

for the entire time i was in favour of lynching him my focus was probably primarily on analyzing the impact of the dreaming god role while considering the possibility of various things sunfan could be in the event of him lying and what the relative probabilities of those outcomes were and what the impact on the game those outcomes would have.
I just noticed this post. I guess your behavior makes a little more sense because of your explanation. Idk if I completely buy it but it makes sense.

MixMasterLar

Beach Bum Extraordinaire
@CynicalSquid

If you're scumreading Kirino for yhe Sun you should know they basically made the SMS wagon viable. This read ignores EoD actions.

Also you scumread several people for voting Sun but I'm like the OG Sun voter and you barely had anything to say about me in general. Why the difference?

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
@CynicalSquid

If you're scumreading Kirino for yhe Sun you should know they basically made the SMS wagon viable. This read ignores EoD actions.

Also you scumread several people for voting Sun but I'm like the OG Sun voter and you barely had anything to say about me in general. Why the difference?
Your vote on him was before the claim and even after the claim you still had your reasons to keep the vote on him. It wasn’t just “let’s lynch the claimed 3rd party because he could potentially be an issue” which was a really safe wagon to jump on. That’s my logic behind it anyways.

funnier6

Courage~
Hey Rubik? Just wondering but like, is there any particular reason why you know that you were role blocked? Like, it’s not results cause results don’t mechanically clear yourself, but there isn’t anything else I can see that would let you know that you were blocked

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Hi I'm back from my walk and just had a lovely pb&j how y'all doin

Mathias's reads list is appreciated but I'm gonna have to go through and analyze it later because as I read it an hour ago or so I recall seeing something that made me scratch my head but don't remember exactly what it was.

funnier6

Courage~
Hi I'm back from my walk and just had a lovely pb&j how y'all doin

Mathias's reads list is appreciated but I'm gonna have to go through and analyze it later because as I read it an hour ago or so I recall seeing something that made me scratch my head but don't remember exactly what it was.
I wrote reads too :V

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Addressing EoD means addressing SMS, so here goes
I'm caught up, massive townie vibes from Laur and Min so far. I think the confliction between Rubik and Sun and Laur all being at odds is pretty interesting, and since I'm town reading Laur I'm thinking he's onto something between Sun and Rubik. Here's the think though, iirc Sun voted Rubik and is apparently tunneling Rube. Out of these two, I find that the more scummy behaviour, so I'll vote there.

Vote: Sunfan
Actually I'm not getting Ex scum vibes, this kind of sucks because I was town reading Laur only hours ago, now I'm not sure anymore. I need to look back and see how he went from Sun/Rube to Exlight.
Dude... you don't know why, but you are going to vote Ex anyway. How does that make sense, lol.

Vote: Sun
Alrighty, here's my mindset so far:

Funnier: Seems pretty active and aggressive so far. Some of his pushes are weird and are singling out really weird things from people's posts, so idk what to make of that, but overall I don't think he'd be doing all of that unless he is town. I mean, I know Min and him are at odds and they typically can read each other well, but I just don't see scum funnier being this insanely active and paranoid.

Laur: I really like his contributions, aside from the hiccup where he voted Ex, which was weird, I think he's legitimately scumhunting, and I like it.

Minish: She's definitely asking a lot of questions and being proactive, so I like that. So really it's a meta read I have from looking over her content.

Sunfan: He's one of the top posters, yet nothing of his posts stand out besides the pirate talking at the start, and then more recently his god awful vote on Ex for no reason and I hate it. Scum read, I am voting him, yeah.

Everyone else is null. Ex is maybe a Townlean but I need to re-evaluate him - he's def not scummy imo and the wagon that formed on him was super weird.
Sorry bruh, I'd rather lynch guarenteed non-town than mislynch.
I could maybe do 4 town leans:

You
Jinjo
Ex
Johnny

I have to keep Rubik null at the moment, maybe in the next day phase I will be able to determine whether I should town read him or bump him down to a scum lean. Though ine thing I will say is that lately Rune hasn't been adding much to games besides one liners, and that's if he's even posting @funnier6. Usually he picks up as the game progresses, but if he doesn't then it's a concern. Just something to point out that I don't think has been touched on yet.

And I like to give the benefit of the doubt to lower posters which is why I won't scum read players like Deku, Giri, Dawningwinds, and Poy on D1, though they could just be low posting scum. The only player who I'm concerned about from this list, who's activity might be AI is Dawningwinds, I expected more from them. (DW is HumanDawn from Bulba, right?) If this is the same person I could end up scum reading them based on inactivity.

As I mentioned before I have nothing too strong on Killjoy, but I could possibly end up just town leaning him, because if he was scum, I think he'd be asking questions he has and voicing various concerns in a scum chat rather than in the thread.

That leaves Rag, who has posted quite a bit, and Kirino who hasn't been posting as much. From what Kirino has posted I remember it being really beefy wall posts, so from that I'm going to have to keep him null until I see a little more. I'll ISO Rag and address my thoughts on her in another post.
I'm going to stay firm, I think Deku's posts D1 about waffle house and junk are NAI, he could have actually made game relevant content rather than those posts, sure, but I don't necessarily think he has to be scum over that. Hopefully his contributions today will be better content so we can get a read on him and I don't mind pushing him into talking more.

I think at least one Mafioso could have been on Sun's lynch, but I doubt they all piled onto it. If anything I think that counterwagon that formed on me last minute was incredibly suspicious, and it started on Tristan, and he planted that seed by meta reading me. It just seems really weird to me that he'd resort to meta when he is very much against it. That said, I need to take a bit to re-do my reads and I think Tristan is getting bumped down to a scum lean once I'm done.
Just a few posts he's made that I got a feel for him with. If anyone needs me to address something specific, quote it and I'll try.

His first real post he took a stance on the interactions between Rubik, SunFan, and Lar. Overall it's basic, not as much as what I'd expect from SMS, but better than other players at the time (that's kinda...sad?). His follow up is a bit of unvoting since he had an RV on funnier, realized and then doubled down on his SunFan vote. Not really all that scummy imo. The vote is pressure at that point, and Sun wasn't really giving the best info to work with either. I can follow this line of thinking.

Now his reads do leave something to be desired, it is an 18 player game. He does stick by his Ex read, which I kinda like actually. Scum reading Ex in D1 felt like low effort play, so this feels like good SMS posting. I also liked his Rubik null read, as he pointed out that Rubik really hasn't put in as much as I'd feel he should, or at least what I'd expect. However, SMS' overall reads are a little less than I'd like. He does like to warm up in games, and everyone has cold starts and hot starts, so I'm willing to give that the benefit of the doubt. Null for now. Will probably give a better read based on his reads list.

SMS doesn't have very many posts, and his few posts lack much substance. His most contributory post came this morning, after he said he had caught up yet only provided reads on 4 people, and they aren't even reads that are all that original. I realize he had to go to work but I don't really see why he couldn't take an extra minute or two even to give some barebones thoughts on other players.

I'm also a bit confused about the Unvote and subsequent Revote on Sun. SMS seemed pretty suspicious of Sun this morning when he initially placed his vote, then removed it for ??? just to put it back again on the same player. It just seems like a weird series of events, and if he's going to respond to that particular SunFan post, it means he's reading and almost caught up and yet still hasn't given anything else other than just basic thoughts on a small handful of players. This ISO is scummy to me.

@Spiritual Mask Salesman now that you're home from work can you give some more thoughts pls.

Tristan's target towards SMS is also interesting. It was pretty clear (at least to me) that SMS' unvote-revote on Sun was due to a mistake. I get that this is also and older post from D1, but that's also why it's weird. It feels like seed planting to me.

Ragnarokio

I just noticed this post. I guess your behavior makes a little more sense because of your explanation. Idk if I completely buy it but it makes sense.

I'd still like you to answer my questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom