• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread My Hero Academia Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Hi, All for One.

Vote: Spiritual Mask Salesman

This quote was in direct response to me saying this

He seemed quite sure there was no scum roleblocker, and even tried to use the mod roleblock to hide the fact. While the thought was something I brought up, I later stated that the mod confirmed to me that his roleblock was not part of my result. I think this was an attempt to keep Bok's role secret and try to move on as the "Town Backup", however something had been bothering me about that claim. Now what I'm saying might seem crazy, but I think it's the only explanation, I think SMS is all might and was able to steal Music's quirk. That's what All for one does. He steals quirks. The only other character that it could possibly be that I could think of is from a different class than the main cast of heroes in the show. And he's only able to copy the quirks of those he touches for 5 minutes. I believe SMS when he says he's now a role blocker but I don't believe town.

Unlike you, I didn't have the benefit of being completely aware of what roles the Mafia had. I thought that maybe one RB that showed up was the Mod RB, until you clarified.

@Krow , Thematically it doesn't make sense, to me at least, that Deku would be a backup. That's not Deku's power. If he could backup anyone it would only be All Might's backup, not Todoroki or the other heroes.

Well I'm no expert on My Hero Academia Mafia, so I'm not sure if all the other roles have exactly fit the mafia game power roles they have been associated with.

Lastly I offer this.

This post came after it was common knowledge that Minish didn't kill on night one. Additionally SMS should know that blocking the godfather wouldn't stop the strongman. You'd have to stop the strongman so It's not likely that you blocking Axle did anything night one.

I've played in games where blocking the Godfather screws up other Mafioso roles, either makes some not work, or causes them to hit targets they weren't intended to hit. Games over on the ZU Forums, and perhaps they were very unique, but I played the majority of Mafia games I got experience from on ZU back in 2015 and 2016 while this Mafia section was inactive.

Really it's just odd to me that SMS speculated against an SK when 1. We knew Storma investigated Pendio night one so no chance of the JOAT doing an NK, and 2 We know minish didn't shoot on night one. I guess basically I'm wondering what your thought process was here because there's no way blocking the possible Godfather would have resulted in blocking the strongman kill and you should know that. And now that we're at a point where we can be sure we've had no doctors, it would make sense that a roleblock could stop a NK.

It was a legitimate mystery to me why All Might, the forum member, wouldn't use his strongman ability. I tried weighing the posdibility that there wasn't an SK because I like to look at scenarios from all angles. But in the end I did agree we must have a SK in the game and I agreed it was likely HeroOfTime. And if you're going to call me out on that you should call out Axle too, he completely disregarded the possibility of an SK being in the game, but it's clear that was just an error on his part.

TBH I think you're trying to use "I role blocked Axle but there was still a kill" as an easy way to try and put sus on me and get me lynched.

It would have been much easier for me to not say I RB Axle at all, and try to frame him, if I was a Mafioso. I heavily attacked Axle yesterday, there would be no reason for me to back off on him unless I was telling the truth, and that truth clears him.

AND I just caught you in a bit of a contradiction. You know I outright claimed. I'M the reason you even claimed yourself. Look above for proof. You claimed a bit after I pointed out the second RB.

Already addressed this point.

JNTYWiq.png

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
I was still wrong about SMS it seems, so I guess the godfather can't be roleblocked. Good job Axle I guess?

We lost. Congrats scum

@A Link In Time ease prove them wrong about me now
Hey you did it too by helping to clear me. =P

The reality is that you believed SMS's claim, which I believe was true, but you relied on that knowledge too much without the full context that only the mod and maybe the Mafia have.

I've absorbed all of my fellow Mafia's powers. I am a Strongman in addition to a Roleblocker and Godfather. And roleblocks do not traditionally work against Stongmen.

GDI I literally pegged every single scum in the game. Wtf was that roleblock crap about SMS?

I was laughing so hard when someone -- maybe it was you Krow? -- said that they were worried with how many power roles the town had what kind of powers the Mafia have, since I have one of the strongest Mafia roles I've ever seen. xP

He roleblocked Axle. Axle was a strongman. And a roleblocker. And the godfather
I also roleblocked him so I guess it could have been that too. I don't really know what happens when two roleblockers roleblock each other or if a Mafia one would have priority or anything. I assume it's the Strongman bit that made it not work on me though.

I really just killed Rubik because it was the only nightkill that would create confusion and it worked. xP

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
The reality is that you believed SMS's claim, which I believe was true, but you relied on that knowledge too much without the full context that only the mod and maybe the Mafia have.
You know I can't really be faulted for not using knowledge I couldn't have, right?

That is absolutely absurd
Well if you look at the death list, this game was a borderline role madness game. The town had an absurd amount of powers to help them. As someone else suggested, the Mafia would need something really powerful to balance against that, and considering you yourself had a somewhat rarer role -- and role madness games traditionally include rare or madeup roles -- it would have been wise to acknowledge the possibility of something strange.

You know I can't really be faulted for not using knowledge I couldn't have, right?
That wasn't my point. My point was by going by a claim AT ALL, you are already knowingly acting without complete knowledge. Even if the claim is correct you do not know all the other roles in the game and can't know the full context of the role interactions.

I was on him from the word go. I was right about all of them until others insisted I was wrong and kept interfering.
You were right about me, but the reality is I wouldn't have been playing that differently as townie. All of my suspicions were more or less "real" too; the main difference is I probably would have been hotter against All Might and Bok had I not already known they were my allies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom