• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread My Hero Academia Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
I've had two SK games where I either never claimed or I claimed vig last day(if you're renembering correctly) and The last Scum and I offed each other for a town victory.

One thing that's way different in the community right now than how we used to play is this idea that if you don't vote you're being scummy. We used to say FoS (finger of suspicion) to indicate our main suspects. That's how we usually pressured players, not just outright voting for them. We did that too sometimes though.

I "FoS'd" a lot of players this game, and voted for a few as well. You don't need to literally declare a vote to start hashing out suspicions. It's really bad to hang back and never vote, but flinging votes around and enabling hasty bandwagons doesn't usually work out that well either.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
One thing that's way different in the community right now than how we used to play is this idea that if you don't vote you're being scummy. We used to say FoS (finger of suspicion) to indicate our main suspects. That's how we usually pressured players, not just outright voting for them. We did that too sometimes though.

I "FoS'd" a lot of players this game, and voted for a few as well. You don't need to literally declare a vote to start hashing out suspicions. It's really bad to hang back and never vote, but flinging votes around and enabling hasty bandwagons doesn't usually work out that well either.
I miss FoS and am very careful about my votes usually. I'd like to see players be a little more cautious about voting @Krow ;)

Day 5 Final Vote Count:

Libk - 3 (Spiritual Mask Salesman, Krow, Axle the Beast)
Spiritual Mask Salesman - 1 (Libk)

Axle the Beast stood over the mountain of dead bodies. He had done it. The power of All for One surged through him. He had gained many quirks in his day, and he had used their powers to usher in a new age. The Age of Heroes had come to an end. The Age of Villains would now begin with him at the top.

The Living (2):

Axle the Beast - All for One, the Absorptive Godfather
Krow - Tenya Iida, a Vanila Townie

The Dead (13):

Musicfan - Shoto Todoroki, the Town Roleblocker/Vote Manipulator (Lynched Day 1)
funnier6 - Eijiro Kirishima, the Bulletproof Townie (Killed Night 1)
LittleGumball - Shota Aizawa, the Tree Stump Maker (Killed Night 1)
Stormageden747 - All Might, the Town Jack-of-all-Trades (Lynched Day 2)
Pendio - Tsuyu Asui, a Vanilla Townie (Killed Night 2)
Kirino - Gran Torino, the Town Cop (Killed Night 2)
All Might - Muscular, the Mafia Strongman (Lynched Day 3)
Bok Chan Sama - Tomura Shigaraki, the Mafia Roleblocker (Killed Night 3)
Minish_Link - Katsugi Bakugo, the Town Vigilante (Killed Night 3)
HeroOfTime - Stain, the Serial Killer (Lynched Day 4)
Rubik - Ochaco Uraraka, a Vanilla Townie (Killed Night 4)
Libk - Fumikage Tokoyami, the Town Night Stalker (Lynched Day 5)
Spiritual Mask Salesman - Izuku Midoriya, the Town Backup (Killed Night 5)

The mafia has overrun the town.

Mafia Wins!

Night 1 Actions:

Bok Chan Sama roleblocked Stormageden747

Spiritual Mask Salesman roleblocked Axle the Beast

All Might killed funnier6 (Strongmanned)

HeroOfTime killed LittleGumball

Stormageden747 investigated Pendio

Kirino investigated Pendio

Night 2 Actions:

Bok Chan Sama roleblocked Rubik

Spiritual Mask Salesman roleblocked Pendio

All Might killed Kirino (Strongmanned)

Minish_Link killed Pendio

Kirino investigated Libk

Libk learned all abilities used that night

Night 3 Actions:

Bok Chan Sama roleblocked Spiritual Mask Salesman

Axle the Beast killed Minish_Link (Strongmanned)

HeroOfTime killed Bok Chan Sama

Minish_Link killed Axle the Beast (failed because bulletproof)

Spiritual Mask Salesman vote manipulated Axle the Beast

Night 4 Actions:

Axle the Beast roleblocked Spiritual Mask Saleman

Spiritual Mask Salesman roleblocked Axle the Beast

Axle the Beast killed Rubik (Strongmanned)

Night 5 Actions:

Axle the Beast killed Spiritual Mask Salesman (Strongmanned)

Mod Note: Technically Night 5 did not occur, but since Axle would have won no matter what, he just told me who he wanted as his final kill.

Role PMs:

Stormageden747:

Hello, Stormageden747, you are All Might, the Town Jack-of-All-Trades. Your quirk, One For All, gives you access to tremendous strength. As the Jack-of-All-Trades you have four abilities that you can choose to use at night. However, you can only use one each night. You may not target yourself. Once you have used each ability once they will refill so you can use them all again, and so on. This prevents you from only using one of your abilities over and over. Here is the list of your abilities:

• Protection
  • Roleblock
  • Investigation
  • Night Kill

latest

You are on the Town’s side, which means that you win when the Mafia has been eliminated.

Please confirm that you have received and understood your role here: https://zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/my-hero-academia-mafia.62945/

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Spiritual Mask Salesman:

Hello, SpiritualMaskSalesman, you are Izuku Midoriya, the Town Back Up. You’re just a hero fanboy for now, but perhaps someday you’ll be able to inherit someone else’s quirk. Upon the death of the first regular Town power role you will assume their role and and their abilities. When this happens, I will inform you of your new role and give you instructions on how it works.

latest

You are on the Town’s side, which means that you win when the Mafia has been eliminated.

Please confirm that you have received and understood your role here: https://zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/my-hero-academia-mafia.62945/

Minish_Link:

Hello, Minish_Link, you are Katsugi Bakugo, the Town Vigilante. Your quirk, explosion, stores up nitroglycerin in your palms and allows you to detonate it at will. Once each night you will be able to sneak out and attempt to kill any player in the game. Do this by sending me a PM each night with the name of your target. It is risky for you though, since you do not know who are with you and who are against you. Of course you can choose not to kill if you so wish. You may not target yourself.

latest

Musicfan:

Hello, Musicfan, you are Shoto Todoroki, the Town Roleblocker/Vote Manipulator. Your quirk is Half-Cold, Half-Hot. Using your ice half, you may roleblock people in the game. Using your fire half, you may lynch people who have been roleblocked previously easier. Once each night you will be able to sneak out and prevent any player in the game from performing their night action. Do this by sending me a PM each night with the name of the player you wish to roleblock. During a subsequent night, you may target someone who has previously been roleblocked. This ability will lynch the person in question at L-1 the following game day. This means that one less vote than majority is required to lynch that person. This ability may not be used on the same person twice.

latest

LittleGumball:

Hello, Little Gumball, you are Shota Aizawa, the Tree Stump Maker. Your quirk, Erasure, allows you to temporarily eliminate other peoples’ quirks. Once every two nights, you may target someone to make them a tree stump for the next game day and night. It will be announced in thread that your target has become a tree stump. This means your target is only able to post, not vote or use any actions for that day and the following night.

latest

Kirino:

Hello, Kirino, you are Gran Torino, the Town Cop. As a retired pro hero, you don’t often get on the front lines, but you’ve agreed to do some investigations with the police. Once each night you will be able to sneak out and investigate any player in the game to find out if the player is guilty or innocent. Do this by sending me a PM each night with the name of your target, then I will tell you if your target is guilty or not.

latest

Libk:

Hello, Libk, you are Fumikage Tokoyami, the Town Night Stalker. Your quirk, Dark Shadow, works best in the night. Once during the game, you may use your ability during the night to discover all abilities that were used that night other than your own. You will not find out who used them.

latest

funnier6:

Hello, funnier6, you are Eijiro Kirishima, the Bulletproof Townie. Your quirk, harderning, gives you impeccable defenses. You start the game with a bulletproof vest that is used passively and prevents one night kill attempt on you. If you are targeted during the night by an action that would normally kill you, you will be informed upon losing your vest.

latest

Pendio:

Hello, Pendio, you are Tsuyu Asui, a Vanilla Townie. Unfortunately, you’ve fallen under amnesia and forgot your quirk. That’s alright. Your vote is your power.

latest

Krow:

Hello, Krow, you are Tenya Iida, a Vanilla Townie. Unfortunately, you’ve fallen under amnesia and forgot your quirk. That’s alright. Your vote is your power.

latest

PancakeSamurai/Rubik:

Hello, PancakeSamurai/Rubik, you are Ochaco Uraraka, a Vanilla Townie. Unfortunately, you’ve fallen under amnesia and forgot your quirk. That’s alright. Your vote is your power.

latest

HeroOfTime:

Hello, HeroOfTime, you are Stain, the Serial Killer. You are completely on your own in this game, you are neither with the Town nor with the Mafia. Once each night you will be able to sneak out and attempt to kill any player in the game. Do this by sending me a PM each night with the name of your target. Of course you can choose not to kill if you so wish. You may not target yourself. Additionally, once per game, you may acquire a bulletproof vest. This is done by guessing the blood type of your target – O, A, B, or AB. If you guess correctly, you will receive a one time passive bulletproof vest. The bulletproof vest is used passively and prevents one night kill attempt on you. If you are targeted during the night by an action that would normally kill you, you will be informed upon losing your vest.

latest

Being the Serial Killer in this game you either win along with the Town if you are alive when they win, or if you are the last player standing.

YIGAhim/Axle the Beast:

Hello, YIGAhim/Axle the Beast, you are All for One, the Absorptive Mafia Godfather. The archenemy of All Might, you seek to make other peoples’ quirks your own. As the Mafia’s Godfather you are the leader of the Mafia. You have two special abilities: Firstly, you are bulletproof, meaning that you are immune to being night killed. Secondly, you are investigation immune, meaning that if the Cop should investigate you, you will look show up as innocent. Finally, should any of your comrades fall in battle, you will inherit their abilities. Your allies are Bok Chan Sama (Mafia Roleblocker) and All Might (Mafia Strongman). Feel free to join the League of Villains Discord here: https://discord.gg/STujma The Mafia can kill one player each night, so be sure to always inform me of your target in time.

latest

You are with the Mafia, which means that you win when you achieve an irrevocable majority in game on a given day.

Bok Chan Sama:

Hello, Bok Chan Sama, you are Tomura Shigaraki, the Mafia Roleblocker. Your quirk, Decay, allows you to slowly disintegrate anything you touch. Unfortunately, you’ve been relegated to not using it this time around. Once each night you will be able to sneak out and prevent any player in the game from performing their night action. Do this by informing me each night of the player you wish to roleblock. Your allies are YIGAhim (Absorptive Godfather) and All Might (Mafia Strongman). Feel free to join the League of Villains Discord here: https://discord.gg/STujma The Mafia can kill one player each night, so be sure to always inform me of your target in time.

latest

You are with the Mafia, which means that you win when you achieve an irrevocable majority in game on a given day.

All Might:

Hello, All Might, you are Muscular, the Mafia Strongman. As your name implies, your quirk gives you extraordinary muscular power. As a strongman, your night action cannot be blocked by any means, whether it be a bulletproof, doctor, or roleblocker. Your allies are YIGAhim (Absorptive Godfather) and Bok Chan Sama (Mafia Roleblocker). Feel free to join the League of Villains Discord here: https://discord.gg/STujma The Mafia can kill one player each night, so be sure to always inform me of your target in time.

latest

Thank you to everyone for playing. This was one of the best games I've hosted on ZD, so I appreciate everyone who played for making this a good time.

I wanted to experiment with some stuff this game like unlimited role claims. I know a lot of people on ZD dislike the concept of unlimited role claims, but I think things worked out here in the end. To compensate for town being able to claim freely, I made the mafia team very strong, as you can see. In the future, I'll heed the advice some people on Discord mentioned like giving the mafia fake role claims and character claims not found in the game. There are ways to work around role claims so I hope we can start to move away from the phobia around role claims that has developed on ZD.

I wanted to thank @Pendio for having such good writing in his Avatar role PMs last year as I took some of the wording for this game's PMs straight from that game. Always gotta love Pendio games.

I did make one mod error this game, but it did not have an impact on the game. I mistakenly gave Storma a result on his investigation of Pendio, and then edited it to no result within a minute, but he admitted to me he saw it. I told him he shouldn't have, and he said he would not mention it in game. So I appreciate @Stormageden747 for doing that.

There were lots of great plays and players this game, but I have to give props to @Bok Chan Sama for being the mastermind being the mafia team's night actions for the majority of the game and @Axle the Beast for pulling off the heist of a life time. I thought Axle was crazy for killing Rubik, but his gambit paid off big time. @HeroOfTime had a good chance of winning as well, but he did pretty good for his first game in a long time. He almost pulled off the SK victory. Reminds me of Libk in Korra 2.

Again, thank you to everyone for playing, and I hope you all had a good time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom