• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread The Greatest Mafia Game Ever (aka Sloth Mafia™)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I take that back. Its 3 vote maj, not 2, so still could be 1 or 2.
There goes last nights post lol

@Johnny Sooshi First, you did say havent posted enough, not that my posts weren't good enough so technically I was arguing right :P
Second, I feel like I've had some decent quality this game, and notice how you're the only one complaining about that. Of anyone else has a problem with my post quality, please say so. @spruce @Mido
Anyways, Spruce was acting on bad information. I pointed it out. I called him on it, since idk if it was purposeful or not. I don't have a lot of strong info on scum tbh. So I go off what I have. That's what I had at the time. So I went for it. Seemed like a good idea at the time and I stand by it.
Ill ISO Mido later, see if I see anything about him. But for now he's been very under the radar. I suggest you guys do the same - can't hurt anything.

Mido

Version 1
We have 4 of us here. Of these we're all going to probably reasonably defend Mido, and based on how everything works I'm gonna stick with the belief that he's town. That leaves two of us lazy bastards who are bad sloths. Right now we have a good shot at getting these rotten mean sloths out of our trees for good. But, that makes today LyLo, and that's risky, so if we vote today, we're gonna need to be super certain about it. Those stupid bad sloths want us to mess up be we can't let that happen.

@Mido I'm gonna need a read from you

What kind of read are we talking here? Anyone in particular? Or just an updated reads list? I'll tell you one thing though. As far as my observations go, I don't think I want to lynch spruce today, primarily due to my reasons in my previous read of him and also because he offered to play "pick-up-sticks" with a certain sloth who doesn't feel very good about himself.

I wanted Jamie's input because before I posted asking him for more, he'd only had two or three posts that were serious! Can you believe that?! Makes me upset! I think I was pretty justified in asking for some more input. Only wish we could have gotten some more from poor Libk before he died.

Fair enough point, but I think Jamie's push of Minish_Link was a significant contribution, much better than anything I could come up with, not to mention it served as Day 1's lynch. At face value though, asking for contributions no matter the circumstance isn't inherently bad, but I appreciate the clarification.

I'm gonna try to get around to an ISO later today if I have the time. Till then, you all smell bad, and it makes me mad.

Your last comment hurt my feelings. :oops: Even if you're right about a sorry excuse for a sloth like myself.

@Johnny Sooshi First, you did say havent posted enough, not that my posts weren't good enough so technically I was arguing right :P
Second, I feel like I've had some decent quality this game, and notice how you're the only one complaining about that. Of anyone else has a problem with my post quality, please say so. @spruce @Mido
Anyways, Spruce was acting on bad information. I pointed it out. I called him on it, since idk if it was purposeful or not. I don't have a lot of strong info on scum tbh. So I go off what I have. That's what I had at the time. So I went for it. Seemed like a good idea at the time and I stand by it.
Ill ISO Mido later, see if I see anything about him. But for now he's been very under the radar. I suggest you guys do the same - can't hurt anything.

I've said previously that I find your posts to be of rather decent quality; the only gripe of mine being that I haven't agreed with your moves so far even if I can see where you're coming from. Expect a megapost from me tonight, as I'm working right now. I hope I do a good job, likely not.... :oops:

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
~Vote Tally 3.1~
  • :shrugs:
Not Voting - See player list

Day 3 will end Tuesday, June 6, 10PM PST. With 4 sloths alive, 3 votes are required for a majority lynch.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
And now, the moment you've all been waiting for...

ISO Time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vote: DekuNut

Because tunneling him has worked oh, so well in the past for this guy. :oops:

I'm sorry that your vote didn't work, Libk. I'd laugh, but it happens to me, too. :(

You're right. And true to form I've voted you. Why delay my plethora of inevitable mishaps? Sigh...

Not before it kills me first, of course. :kawaii:

Yeah, i-it does. :oops: I'm not very good at pick-up-sticks, but it is very fun nonetheless.
All of the above is RVS stuff. A vote for me, talking about his bad record in previous games, a few jokes, nothing of note I really pick up here, unless bad sloths suck at pick-up sticks.

I like your enthusiasm, but I think it's too soon for such undeserving flattery going my way. :( I sort of want to say you're town though right now, even if that's more based on my bad track record.

Unvote

Now this is why spruce is a great fellow: brutal honesty (he also offered to play pick-up-sticks, this guy is very nice).

I-I don't mean to be such a burden. :oops: I'm sorry.
Saying that I'm town without giving much of a reason, and unvoting. This post in a nutshell. I don't think he ever gave a reason for it. This could be taken a lot of ways, and just at this point in the game, I'm not sure which way that is, what with so little information about him at this point.

My impression was that he was going to make a move to his suggested targets, but ended up missing EOD. I suppose the strange thing is, if he suggested those targets, why not move to them earlier? I'm not sold on whether Johnny is scum as of yet since I admittedly, through a weak day 1, haven't done a great job with reads as per usual. :(Also, his post outlining his targets I though was a good post, but that tidbit you mention is interesting.
This post is a reply to my analysis of Johnny's EoD1 actions. He has some good mentions of what Johnny could've done, but as a whole didn't come out on either side of the argument.

Only thing is, he missed EOD entirely. On second thought, I likely misunderstood you. Even in light of his missing EOD, you still would have expected a vote in that last post?
Just going back to this, because I don't think I replied very well... if he felt he had the chance to make a difference by unvoting, he would've felt that a change in vote would make a difference as well. I say this because, spoiler alert, Johnny is still my top scumread after this ISO.

Vote: Extension

I agree with the extension. I want to read up on the others a bit more, but I right now think Johnny, as I've mentioned before, leans town, and I think my opinion of DekuNut has improved.
Actually... reading back, I don't think you mentioned it before this. Odd. Also, improved over what? You seem to have been consistently liking me before.

... and it took me this long into the game for me to realize that all of his unsuredness is probably his character trait. gg me. *goes back to edit a bunch of what I said above*

Sorry, Johnny; the motivations been rather low, but I have a mode of operation.

For starters, I can't say I agree with a Deku lynch. The fact that he's moved to spruce and kept exploring options looks good, even if I don't agree with the vote. Doesn't seem opportunistic like in previous games where I ended up being wrong about him. I like where he treads. And I like how you are facilitating discussion, so you two are a the top of my list for town.

Spruce, while he seems to be all over the place, has a mode of operation this game that seems to focus on analysis of player emotion as opposed to hard evidence, which is more difficult to come by in this setup because of how the reveals are handled. Nevertheless, I feel like he's attempting to solve the game, so I'd like to think him town as well.

Libk is my most null read. Very active in terms of playing his characteristics, but I haven't gotten a very strong grasp on just overall play. Not much else to say here.

Pendio, however, I'd probably put at the potential scum, mainly for his Day 2 actions. I noticed he, like myself admittedly, entertained yourself as scum, but never quite committed to it. Once DekuNut pursued Spruce, Pendio joined on in, although his progression there looks slightly decent since he had a lengthy discussion with spruce about various matters. Ultimately, I agree with Spruce in that Pendio's latest mode of operation appears opportunistic, putting my reads at:

DekuNut
Johnny
Spruce
Libk
Pendio

Johnny and spruce can go either way. I'm no confident sloth, and after 3 games of utter crap performances, I have no reason to be confident. :( Based on my reads, I'm rolling with this hot one:

Vote: Pendio

*waves sadly to Pendio*
Finally, Mido puts a little meat on his posts!
His contribution to the Pendio lynch makes sense, and I won't fault him for it. If the game ended and Pen was scum, it'd make sense. And he's in an interesting place now: his top three townreads are the only ones left outside him. It'll be interesting to see where he falls today.
But, most of his reasoning is sound, I support most of what he says, even his argument about Spruce, looking back. At the time, we needed game-solvers, and Spruce was trying it looked like.

@Johnny Sooshi, I'm not sure if this is really indicative of your alignment, but I've noticed you've seemingly been calling out contributing players for weaker contributions. I'm not sure if it's just because you don't agree with their progressions, but I remember you specifically called out Jamie for a similar thing to Deku's dilemma, even though Jamie had been pursuing Minish for most of Day 1.

Is your approach fueled by disagreements with Deku's approach and/or reads?
For once, I'll admit that Johnny was right in his response to this post. All in all, during his day among us, our dear Jamie had a grand total of one solid post that moved the game along. So him calling out Jamie in this context makes sense. As for me... I guess I can't judge what he thinks quality posting is, and I won't just continue to parrot that I'm doing good, and instead wonder if Mido was correct in thinking that it was just because he didn't like where I was going. It's an interesting idea.

Well, we have to wait. Otherwise Sloth Ezlo won't let us see The Surprise™ that he promised to show us. I'll be very said if there's no surprise. :( Maybe it will be a Subway Coupon!
Jokey Twilight Post. Leave it.

What kind of read are we talking here? Anyone in particular? Or just an updated reads list? I'll tell you one thing though. As far as my observations go, I don't think I want to lynch spruce today, primarily due to my reasons in my previous read of him and also because he offered to play "pick-up-sticks" with a certain sloth who doesn't feel very good about himself.

Fair enough point, but I think Jamie's push of Minish_Link was a significant contribution, much better than anything I could come up with, not to mention it served as Day 1's lynch. At face value though, asking for contributions no matter the circumstance isn't inherently bad, but I appreciate the clarification.

Your last comment hurt my feelings. :oops: Even if you're right about a sorry excuse for a sloth like myself.

I've said previously that I find your posts to be of rather decent quality; the only gripe of mine being that I haven't agreed with your moves so far even if I can see where you're coming from. Expect a megapost from me tonight, as I'm working right now. I hope I do a good job, likely not.... :oops:
So you don't wanna lynch Spruce. That means choose between Johnny and myself - you kinda have to at this point. It's end-of-game! All hands on deck! At this point we have no reason to hold back our suspicions, especially if it turns out to be MyLo. We need all the inputs we can get.
I'd say you're overplaying Jamie's contributions to this game. I didn't go in-depth on my return glance to his posts, but there wasn't a lot of substance there.

So, as a whole, I feel good about Mido. I admit, there's a decent chance he's purposefully buddying and indecisive, but as a whole I feel good about him. Nobody in this game is perfect, and I don't have anything solid against him - just maybes. And that's good enough for me to look elsewhere for a lynch today. Probably with Johnny still - I feel like Spruce has somewhat gained my respect, looking back (if I have time before EoD, I'll try to do a little bit on him too), and that leaves only him. But I'll hold off on my vote for now, just in case.

All this is exciting! We're at least in MyLo, if not LyLo right now, and today may determine the outcome of the entire game.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Its here! Yay! I'm so excited!
Vote: Libk
Worked last game!
Ooh! I like Libk's style this game! Doesn't mean I'll unvote you, but I like it!
Yes! Tristan! I so look forward to fighting you! :D
Oh Libk, I love hearing you say that! I'm pumped for this fight! Yeah!
I'm gonna avoid mentioning the obvious subtext of what you just said, but hey! Still kinda sounds like fun I guess!
So guys! I've been pumped for this game, so how bout we get moving with a serious game? (Or at least as serious of a game as we can have with our natures)

Lot of RVS/Early game play. Not a whole lot of substance but I'm not gonna nitpick something that's pretty common in ZD games. But I want to :mad:

Ooh, interesting! How about we test if its you or him? Lets switch votes for now; I vote Mido and you vote Libk. Well ask for another vote count and see where we are! Howbow dah?
Unvote
Vote: Mido

Yo @Tristan! I wanna see a vote count! I want it!
Ha-ha! So now we know! Our dear Mido starts the game with -1 votes! So it's not you, my dear friendio!

This was pretty helpful, though I can't be happy about it because right now I'm hungry, and thus grumpy! We found out Mido was beloved early on. However, based on this game I'm not sure he is still. If anyone else has thoughts on this I'll listen.

Spruce! As excited as I am to get votes, I must ask, why choose me? Why do you believe me to be more deserving than The Great Mido?
Thats because of my emotions boy! Plus, read my (very exciting) conversation with Pendio earlier. I didn't policy-vote Mido; I checked whether it was him or Pen who caused the voting issue from earlier. Pen and I agreed to switch votes before the next vote count to check if Libk would end up with zero votes (from Pen with a worthless vote) or if Mido would (from Mido having a modifier that starts hin at -1. I bekieve the modifier is called Beloved.
No, I don't wanna end you all, because I'm one of you all! :D

More from above really.

Ooh, day's almost over!!!
I feel like, while Mido's flavor isn't condusive of his alignment, I feel like his power has to do with his role, and as such was randomized. I doubt that Tristan would give scum that kind of power anyways
Unvote
As for who else to go to, I'm not sure. Going off Johnny's list, I'd be good with Minish, since I like having new players survive Day One (even though I know Spruce is experienced elsewhere) and I just discussed my thoughts on Mido. I'll make a vote before the end of the day when I decide.
Idk who to vote for, but with the super-epic day end nearing and I dont wanna bave a D1 no lynch
Vote: Minish_Link

Votes Minish_Link before EOD

Yes! Survivied the night! *punches the air*
Anyways, I'd like to turn my attention to the Sooshi Shef, Jonny boy. Why the sudden change of heart at the end of yesterday? Why unvote someone who wasnt on the chopping block, didnt even have the half majority required? And why do it literally at EOD?
I disagree. If he was going to move for one of them, he would've voted for one of them then, what with EoD right there. But he didn't. He just unvoted, showed no signs of voting elsewhere.
But he was hoping to get in before EoD. If he intended to change his vote, he should've done it in what he thought was going to be his last post of the day. But he didn't. He just unvoted. What was the point in that?

In my inebriated state, my explanation didn't come across well. I saw the clock and moved a bit slowly to try and remove a vote. I would have voted Minish_Link but I knew my Wi-Fi at the time wasn't a good connection (sloth Wi-Fi is terrible!) and I just needed to make sure my vote didn't go through as a RV I had made early on.

I think that... it's all I've really got right now. If I had to vote right now, I'd vote for him. But I want to hear from him before I do anything.
Let's talk about you now, my friend. You mentioned myself and Libk as possible scum - would you mind expanding on that theory? Mido and Johnny kind of makes sense due to the last hour or two, but at this point I have no idea where you're coming from with us.

But I'm excited to be scared!
Spruce! Excited to see you talking about me! But that twas something called a joke! RVS, if you will!
As of now, I'd still vote for Johnny, because his defense doesnt feel very good to me. But I could also vote for Spruce quite easily, since hes comatantly throwing out names without providing any actual reasoning behind them.
I'm excited to read your post Spruce!

[READ COMPLETE. COMMENCING REPLY IN 3... 2... 1...
That... makes no sense.
You're basing your Pen argument on me being scum, but you're basing your me argument on me and Libk being scumbuds. We know for sure there are two scum (see: OP), so some piece of your logic is flawed. A large piece of it most likely. I'm not saying that Pen is town, or that I trust Libk, but it's impossible for all three of us to be scum.
And yeah, the reason Libk brought up was my reason for the D1 voting. I threatened his physical wellbeing when I was dead and realized what was happening in that game.
But hey, you've given reasoning now I guess. It's a massive conspiracy theory that makes literally no sense all bunched together, but hey, it's reasoning I guess.
I'd be down for the extension! We're having good conversation today!
Vote: Extension
YAAAAAAAAAY

Also gonna make an actual vote
Vote: Spruce
His post explaining his "logic" only made me dislike him more, for the reasons I've described. Either he's stretching to put out any lynch candidates he can, or he's ignoring the setup of the game itself in his logic. I find the former more likely, and I don't like either.

I think this is interesting. Deku votes Spruce after Spruce targets him and two others in the same post. While Spruce didn't have the best logic, Deku not only tries to invalidate the post, but goes as far as polarizing the argument into "Spruce is not paying attention to the game format", or "Spruce is scum just wildly posting to hook anyone to lynch."

So much is happening! This game is getting my adrenaline rushing!
Its not like scum never unvote town, John. Its all a game of deception, of making smart moves. Plus its not like anyone except him was looking close at Pen. Besides, look! The votes back!
As for me... yes, I'm posting a lot, but I also feel like my posts this game have had more substance than usual. More focus, more actual playing. Pretty much youre voting for me for posting and voting, which yes, I always do, but youre not looking at the differences.
And why pen, johnny? You mentioned kinda wanting to vote him, but didnt say why.

I believe your posts haven't been as high quality as they usually are in games. You played the RVS, helped establish Mido's power on Day 1, and then voted against Spruce for targeting you, Libk, and Pendio. I was suspicious of Pendio because I felt he'd been dodging posts and not trying to actively scum hunt. I'm suspicious of you for counter voting after you, and a most likely confirmed bad sloth, were named in the same post.

I understand your reasoning here, but that doesn't change how it looks. I'll (begrudgingly) give you a two toes up sticking to your guns though. Whether that's alignment indicative or not, we'll find out.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
So you don't wanna lynch Spruce. That means choose between Johnny and myself - you kinda have to at this point. It's end-of-game! All hands on deck! At this point we have no reason to hold back our suspicions, especially if it turns out to be MyLo. We need all the inputs we can get.
I'd say you're overplaying Jamie's contributions to this game. I didn't go in-depth on my return glance to his posts, but there wasn't a lot of substance there.

So, as a whole, I feel good about Mido. I admit, there's a decent chance he's purposefully buddying and indecisive, but as a whole I feel good about him. Nobody in this game is perfect, and I don't have anything solid against him - just maybes. And that's good enough for me to look elsewhere for a lynch today. Probably with Johnny still - I feel like Spruce has somewhat gained my respect, looking back (if I have time before EoD, I'll try to do a little bit on him too), and that leaves only him. But I'll hold off on my vote for now, just in case.

So basically this is gonna play out, you vs me. A duel to the death! For now...

Vote: DekuNut

Rooooooaaaaar!

I will say, based on my knowledge of the game, I'm not completely convince of Mido's innocence. Is it possible that we're looking him over simply because of Day 1?

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
DOUBLE POST. ITS A DOUBLE POST GUYZ

Moving on... chances are, you're right. We seem to agree that, at least for today, Spruce isn't worrisome enough for a lynch, and we seem to think that the other is most likely scum, probably leaving the two of us.
Vote: Johnny

But you may have a point about Mido. I've been thinking about roles and everything lately, and after having reread my Role PM, I think my initial Day 1 reaction of assuming that role was separate from flavor emotion was wrong. He may be worth looking at again.
So I'll continue with my previous plan. If I get time, ISO you. Maybe you should ISO Mido as well.
@Mido can you try to look at at least one of, if not both of me and Johnny?
@spruce I... dunno what to tell you to do to be honest. Look at everyone I guess? You're probably safe.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
It would also give us more time to think if we can't come to a solid decision, however. It's a decent plan if we can't come up with anything else.
The pressure! It's building!

spruce

redolent needling balm
No Lynch is crazy - it abdicates our strongest means of defending our little sloth village. We simply need to agree on who put down. I'll admit I'm in a few other games as well though, so I haven't decided yet. Deku to me has seemed the wolfiest, but often the player who seems the towniest is the actual wolf.

I'll also admit I've given Mido a bit of a pass because of the vote thing, where on second thought maybe I shouldn't have. I had thought it was there as a balance mechanic, but I'm not the best at figuring out game balances, and I don't even know if that's a big thing here or not.

I'm one who thinks it less likely than more so that a bad sloth would double-post at this time, and that the one screaming, "DOUBLE POST GUYZ" looks kinda bad for doing it, even though again, it could go either way.
In this game, there will be no double posting. I will reiterate this in the rules. The reason being that sloths are slow creatures, and as you are speaking on their behalf, you must also be slow. So no double posting. If nobody else posts within twelve hours of you making a post, however, you may make another one.
I don't even know what an underlined dictate from the OP before the Rules are given and then again within the rules means in terms of violation. Do site GMs rule with an iron fist here or with mercy? And the intent of that stricture seemed to simply be to have us look slow, as the sloths whose avatars we are are slow. And yet here we are running on and on in a single terrified and paranoid post.

I also agree we have to be correct today or all is likely lost.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Usually the mods here are merciful rulers, but for a few. I believe Tristan-sloth to be among the former. Johnny won't be MKed (thankfully), and may not even recieve a warning, since he already knows what's up.
But what do I know, I'm just a player-sloth.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
~Vote Tally 3.2~
  • DekuNut (1) - Johnny Sooshi
  • Johnny Sooshi (1) - DekuNut
Not Voting - spruce, Mido

Day 3 will end Tuesday, June 6, 10PM PST (11 more hours). With 6 alive, 4 votes are required for majority.

Mido

Version 1
Da day end in a bit. How everyone planning vote? I looking at a few options:
  • Mido (only player with anything we go off of)
  • Minish_Link (aggressive towards Mido, maybe scum pushing for early death)
  • Spruce (Defend Mido, could be scum bud or just scum who try to incriminate Mido)

I interested in hearing everyone thoughts. Particular @Jamie , feel like he has not said as much.

Out of Johnny? Probably my favorite post Day 1. Felt like a genuine effort to solve the game in assessing the potential wagons, and such evaluation looks strong. There is a down-side, but given my somewhat-warranted "half-baked" reputation, I'll get to that later in the post.

@Pendio I notice you reluctant to place vote. You vote extension, but you posts adding little to conversation...feel like you dodging around helping town...hiding as bad sloth to avoid being noticed.

I like his rationale for voting Pendio, but keep in mind the potential downside. Much like Day 1, where he didn't vote until after EOD, he didn't vote here until I stated my case with similar findings. Overall, while I like Johnny's perspectives, he seems to be playing somewhat calculated. Active enough to do his part, but also discreet in action.

Ooh, day's almost over!!!
I feel like, while Mido's flavor isn't condusive of his alignment, I feel like his power has to do with his role, and as such was randomized. I doubt that Tristan would give scum that kind of power anyways
Unvote
As for who else to go to, I'm not sure. Going off Johnny's list, I'd be good with Minish, since I like having new players survive Day One (even though I know Spruce is experienced elsewhere) and I just discussed my thoughts on Mido. I'll make a vote before the end of the day when I decide.

I read you town Day 1 for this, even though I don't like the post. Reason? I've harped on you in past games for rolling with a consensus without much backing. Based on my lack of success in pursuing this, I decided on a more cautionary approach to you when it comes to this action as opposed to hop on the wagon like the buffoon I am.

And now, the moment you've all been waiting for...

All this is exciting! We're at least in MyLo, if not LyLo right now, and today may determine the outcome of the entire game.

Perhaps I am overplaying it, but in all honesty, only he and Minish_Link were spearheading any kind of lynch momentum. I liked Johnny's assessment of the options, but beyond that, everyone else followed the consensus movements. As a hypocrite of the highest order Day 1, I say this.

So going by POE Pendio draws the short straw.
vote: Pendio
You can't figure anything for yourself? :rolleyes:

Ok, so the ebil sloths are gonna want to throw us off their scent, so what are they inclined to do? Vote one of themselves right off the jump (mafia always got an eager one) with a 'joke' vote so everyone gets a good laugh and doesn't suspect them at all – that's DekuNotKnow voting Libk (“worked last game!”). Libk even laughed about it the hardest, and DekuNotToday said they might not unvote but then they did, 'cause who wants to kill their scum-buddy? Libk goes on to target everyone in the game, and even broadcasts they're gonna “lick” Jamie, who's now ded. Yessir, they've been buddy-buddt all game, and DekuNuthinHoney hammered little baby sloth saying they didn't know who to vote for. - So that's where I come up with Deku and Libk, even though DekuNegatory is now saying I comatantly never gave any reason whatsoever.
:ham:

But then there's Mido and Shoosi. Again, it's DekuNotLastNight who opens shading Johnny for not voting, where an ebil sloth would surely not want to stand out like a sore thumb. And who comes to Shoosi's defense? It's Mido, saying JoSo would likely have gone with Mido, Minish, or spruce but ran out of time trying to deliberate and coordinate with others. But then Mido gets into trouble too, excusing themselves saying their read-dar is all broken and how interesting DekuNotWrong is, trying to find a reason to agree with them. And Johnny shows up saying they're looking for a “better choice” than spruce or Mido, making it look like Mido and Shoosi are in cahoots.

Then Pendio finally jumps into the new day agreeing with Deku against Johnny, just so they'll have a reason to lynch somebody, anybody. Then immediately does a flip-the-whirl after Johnny posts. So let's look at Pendio, slinkering as the last one to show up in the game with already a vote against them, and so they too vote in their first post – votes Mido, while claiming to be happy whether they live or die. When Jamie (who's ded now) votes Pendio (putting Pen in the lead at 3) it's Johnny who defends Pendio too.

That's when we find out Mido has a 1-vote protection, sure making it look as if Mido is a good sloth, so Mido and Shoosi are probably not in cahoots.

That why I solve the game as Pendio and DekuNutduggery being ebil sloths out to kill the rest of us or make us part of their gang of ne'rdowells. It's all very frightening and terrifyingly dastardicious. :eek:

Thought I would briefly cover why I like spruce at this point. I can see where others say his logic may be a bit all over the place, but I find in spite of a few stretch points, his analysis may be the strongest in the game, a la the bolded portion.

It seems to me that spruce is taking a lot of actions with next to no explanation for them. Some of his actions he has explained upon being questioned about them, but some other actions he won't even elaborate on even when asked. To me this play style of his seems very anti-town, and I'm happy to bring my suspicion forth.

Vote: spruce

An opportunist, just as I thought.

vote: Pendio

And this move is really strong, especially if Pendio was in fact scum.

Overall, what puzzles me in deciding between DekuNut and Johnny is this, DekuNut, while I like how his day 2 had a strong effort and he has been facilitating strong discussion, I dislike his day 1 and push of spruce day 2 (although I can admit there's bias there since I have a strong lean on spruce as of this day). Johnny I think has been good, but as far as votes go, has been slightly less action-taking on them compared to the former. I get a feeling that if he's scum, he's trying to avoid taking flak for a lynch if things potentially go awry (which is difficult to judge in this game since we don't see alignments). I will admit I'm slightly leaning towards a DekuNut lynch, however, the voting patterns in respect to Johnny leave me at an impasse for the time being. I'm going to mull over this before EOD.

spruce

redolent needling balm
OK, I have reread everything a couple of times. You are very clever, very clever bad sloth. You fool lots of us. Shoosi sloth make some pretty good points against DekuNotBad sloth, who if was indeed bad sloth I pretty sure I be ded now. So maybe you no expect me to not vote Deku sloth, but I ain't gonna, so there. And between Mido sloth and Johnny sloth, they both haz good points, but Deku sloth been playing whole game, where Mido and Johnny sloths, they skates a bit 'till down to the wire. They both of them liked spruce (which is me, btw) yesterday and today, which is much appreciated even if one of them secretly wants to see my head based into little bits so tiny it's almost like I never haz a brain at all.

Mido, you listen here, dude. You haz ridden this -1 vote thing all the way to the end, coasting on it really. I liked how you treated the Shoosi unvote thingy though, and how you sided with me yesterday against Pendio so that I didn't die.

JShoosi, you too, I liked your keeping me alive yesterday, and I liked that one post where you flipped the flop on me and voted Deku instead, but it's really not looking so good for you otherwise. Right now I haz it little John-john, Mido, then Deku, in that order from killer to merely confuzzled. If'n anyone wantz a different outcome, let them post now or forever hold their peace.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Well it's up to you two ultimately to decide the vote. I'm getting grumpy from waiting! I believe that it's either Deku, who managed to turn things in his favor and completely danced away from Pendio the entire game (still going on the assumption that Pendio was bad sloth), or it's Mido who managed to use his Beloved modifier as a blanket and didn't really hint at it possibly being a one day thing or not. That would really only protect him as scum, so either he's town and just didn't think to bring it up, or he's scum and played us all. Spruce is a non-factor at this point. I believe he's a good sloth so I'm not gonna worry about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom