• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread The Greatest Mafia Game Ever (aka Sloth Mafia™)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pen

The game is on!
@Pendio I notice you reluctant to place vote. You vote extension, but you posts adding little to conversation...feel like you dodging around helping town...hiding as bad sloth to avoid being noticed.

I had hoped to be able to add more than I have, but quite honestly the theme and functions of this game isn't motivating me the same way I'd hoped for it to. I typically rely heavily on analyzing the game based on the revealed dead players, but seeing as this game does not work that way I am a little bit out of it. That being said, I am enjoying the game. I really am happy to play it. No kidding. So Johnny, if you were to vote now, who would you vote for?

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I had hoped to be able to add more than I have, but quite honestly the theme and functions of this game isn't motivating me the same way I'd hoped for it to. I typically rely heavily on analyzing the game based on the revealed dead players, but seeing as this game does not work that way I am a little bit out of it. That being said, I am enjoying the game. I really am happy to play it. No kidding. So Johnny, if you were to vote now, who would you vote for?

I'm...okie doke with answer. Not favorite...but good...

To answer you...

Vote: Spruce

It between you and he...something bout him rubs me wrong way...

Wish other sloths would join... @Mido @DekuNut @Libk

THIS MY ONE EDIT...

Unvote: Spruce
Vote: DekuNut

It gut feeling but with Spruce unvote vote him not make sense...bad sloths would not lose their chance to aim for good sloths...so spruce logic flawed...but not bad sloth...

DekuNut play this way before...kind of meta for him...vote...post a bit to stay active...keep vote to push lynch...I think he bad sloth

Last edited:

Pen

The game is on!
It seems to me that spruce is taking a lot of actions with next to no explanation for them. Some of his actions he has explained upon being questioned about them, but some other actions he won't even elaborate on even when asked. To me this play style of his seems very anti-town, and I'm happy to bring my suspicion forth.

Vote: spruce

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
So much is happening! This game is getting my adrenaline rushing!
Its not like scum never unvote town, John. Its all a game of deception, of making smart moves. Plus its not like anyone except him was looking close at Pen. Besides, look! The votes back!
As for me... yes, I'm posting a lot, but I also feel like my posts this game have had more substance than usual. More focus, more actual playing. Pretty much youre voting for me for posting and voting, which yes, I always do, but youre not looking at the differences.
And why pen, johnny? You mentioned kinda wanting to vote him, but didnt say why.

Pen

The game is on!
An opportunist, just as I thought.

vote: Pendio

While I am overjoyed to be playing with you, spruce, I do not like how you play your cards so close to your chest. It makes you seem very unreliable and untrustworthy. What I said about you just before voting is exactly what you are doing in this post as well. If you want to convince other players to vote with you, you'll need to let them in on your reasoning instead of playing such a vague game. If you keep this up you'll distance yourself from the rest of the game and the consequences of your actions will lead to bad outcomes for you.

spruce

redolent needling balm
That you're so eager to lynch a townie, Pen, and one who has given more valid reasons for his moves than anyone else in the game, only highlights the scumminess of your play and presence in the game - a game where I've been tasked to post in a given character.

Pen

The game is on!
That you're so eager to lynch a townie, Pen

I have literally no way of knowing that you are a Townie. The way you use that argument makes me doubt you even more. :)

and one who has given more valid reasons for his moves than anyone else in the game

I disagree with this and I am willing to bet that most players in this game will not think that you are the one player who has given the most valid reasons for your moves. :)

a game where I've been tasked to post in a given character.

We all have such a task. :)

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Im in agreement with pen; if your few reasons you brought forth made sense id br more likely to believe you, but I havent seen much good stuff coming from you.

Mido

Version 1
@Pendio I notice you reluctant to place vote. You vote extension, but you posts adding little to conversation...feel like you dodging around helping town...hiding as bad sloth to avoid being noticed.

@Mido do you have things add after re-read?

@Libk what you take on all of this? Who do you think bad sloth?

Sorry, Johnny; the motivations been rather low, but I have a mode of operation.

For starters, I can't say I agree with a Deku lynch. The fact that he's moved to spruce and kept exploring options looks good, even if I don't agree with the vote. Doesn't seem opportunistic like in previous games where I ended up being wrong about him. I like where he treads. And I like how you are facilitating discussion, so you two are a the top of my list for town.

Spruce, while he seems to be all over the place, has a mode of operation this game that seems to focus on analysis of player emotion as opposed to hard evidence, which is more difficult to come by in this setup because of how the reveals are handled. Nevertheless, I feel like he's attempting to solve the game, so I'd like to think him town as well.

Libk is my most null read. Very active in terms of playing his characteristics, but I haven't gotten a very strong grasp on just overall play. Not much else to say here.

Pendio, however, I'd probably put at the potential scum, mainly for his Day 2 actions. I noticed he, like myself admittedly, entertained yourself as scum, but never quite committed to it. Once DekuNut pursued Spruce, Pendio joined on in, although his progression there looks slightly decent since he had a lengthy discussion with spruce about various matters. Ultimately, I agree with Spruce in that Pendio's latest mode of operation appears opportunistic, putting my reads at:

DekuNut
Johnny
Spruce
Libk
Pendio

Johnny and spruce can go either way. I'm no confident sloth, and after 3 games of utter crap performances, I have no reason to be confident. :( Based on my reads, I'm rolling with this hot one:

Vote: Pendio

*waves sadly to Pendio*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom