• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread The Greatest Mafia Game Ever (aka Sloth Mafia™)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
~Vote Tally 4.1~
  • Mido (1) - Johnny Sooshi
  • Johnny Sooshi (1) - Mido
Not Voting - spruce

Day 4 will end Friday, June 9, 3PM PST. With 3 alive, 2 votes are required for majority.

EDIT: Mido ninja'd me :(

spruce

redolent needling balm
I should mention to both of you that I never really thought much about my earlier modifier, so any sort of shade attempt on that front is simply something I didn't regard and discern as something to explain since in all honesty, I think what was said about it was sufficient enough. Although based on PoE at this point, I'm wagering Johnny is the likely last one. A ton of this is based on an inkling over his vote patterns, so I fear the lack of true meat to the bone could be the undoing here.

Vote: Johnny Sooshi
What about your own pattern. Why didn't you vote Day 1 and who would you have voted?

Mido

Version 1
What about your own pattern. Why didn't you vote Day 1 and who would you have voted?

I have to level with you, Spruce. Day 1 was a gigantic gaffe in my part. I did harbor suspicion of DekuNut initially after the initial vote, but I took it back due to my history of being wrong about him under similar circumstances.

spruce

redolent needling balm
So based on the votes each day, if we assume scum did not vote to lynch scum but that Minish was a bad sloth, and that Minish was aggressively campaigning for an early Mido death based on the Day1 -1 qualifier, that leaves Shoosi as bad sloth with Minish, even though Shoosi claims he'd have voted Minish if he hadn't run out of time.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
So based on the votes each day, if we assume scum did not vote to lynch scum but that Minish was a bad sloth, and that Minish was aggressively campaigning for an early Mido death based on the Day1 -1 qualifier, that leaves Shoosi as bad sloth with Minish, even though Shoosi claims he'd have voted Minish if he hadn't run out of time.

I have no way to defend myself there, as you already know, so it's up to your gut from here Spruce. I will say, if you mislynch me, there's a 50% chance we still win.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
~Vote Tally 4.2~
  • Mido (2) - Johnny Sooshi, spruce
  • Johnny Sooshi (1) - Mido
Day 4 will end Friday, June 9, 3PMPM PST. With 3 alive, 2 votes are required for majority.
MAJORITY LYNCH, DAY ENDS EARLY

With the confirmation that there was just one bad sloth hiding among the remaining three, there was a lot of pressure on the two town players. In particular, spruce had to make an extremely difficult decision, as the result of the game literally depended on his final decision. Hoping he was on the ball, he ended up going for poor Mido. Mido had become scared when he realized it might be close to his end, but he held on as long as he could, and I truly admire his effort!

And honestly, ever since I had to put Mido down, it has been rather peaceful. It seems clear to me that the right decision was, in fact, made. Unfortunately, I now only have two new sloths in my Breeding Centre, but that's why my job is great; I can breed more. Maybe we'll do this all over again in the future!

At least my remaining two sloths are both non-hostile. While they are the only survivors, all the good sloths are winners in my eyes!

IN LOVING MEMORY:
@Mido - Scared Sloth
Day 1-Day 4
Rest in Peace

sloth-ecuadorjpg-2221532ed8fabd77.jpg

The Living: (2)
  • spruce - Scared sloth
  • Johnny Sooshi - Angry sloth (originally Dopey sloth)
The Dead: (6)
  • Minish_Link - Adorable Baby Sloth (Put down Day 1)
  • Jamie - Sad sloth (originally Angry sloth) (Murdered Night 1)
  • Pendio - Happy sloth (Put down Day 2)
  • Libk - Creepy sloth (Murdered Night 2)
  • DekuNut - Excited sloth (Put down Day 3)
  • Mido - Scared sloth (originally Sad sloth)
TOWN WINS

Thanks a lot for playing everybody! I'll make another post detailing the mechanics of this game and posting role pms/night actions and such. I had a blast modding this game, and I hope everybody had just as much fun playing! :D

Minish_Link, DekuNut, and Mido, you guys are unfortunately not winners, but you all get an A+ for effort!

@DekuNut @Mido @Jamie @Minish_Link @spruce @Libk @Pendio @Johnny Sooshi

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
tmw you guys all dismissed me as town the day after you lynched me

Mido...
upload_2017-6-8_23-34-3.jpeg

Also, my role as excited sloth gave me a two-shot cop role, which I used to find Mido on Night 1, so I knew who you were this entire time. I was telling Tristan in private, "He better not vote me. He better not vote me. He better no- damn it"
But, as a whole, good game on all sides. @Mellow Ezlo thanks for coming up with this game. It was great. @spruce welcome to the club. You look like a worthy player. @Mido thanks for being my unwitting scumbud. Even though you killed me (:mad:) you did good for yourself.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Role PMs

Hello, DekuNut! Welcome to Mellow Ezlo's Sloth Breeding Centre. Thank you for offering up your name to give to one of our wonderful new sloths!

These sloths sure are growing up fast. Yours in particular has a distinct personality trait, evidently being a very Excited Sloth!

b2ap3_thumbnail_tumblr_n74df1nrBf1qg1ek3o1_500.jpg

What is he so excited about? I don't quite know myself, but judging by the rather sinister expression on his face, my first guess would be that his intentions are not good. Alas, your sloth has in fact been misbehaving lately. Oh dear. He's had help, of course, but unfortunately I cannot tell you who the other mischievous sloth is. Though your sloths are on the same team and both win if just one survives until the end, they still must fend for themselves. I mean, if I put them together, how will they ever get better!

One thing I've noticed that's rather interesting is that your sloth only seems to attack during odd-number nights. I'm not quite sure why that is, I am actually working on figuring it out, but that's how the cookie crumbles I suppose. Hopefully he doesn't attack his unknown partner, that would be a real shame now wouldn't it.

Within the game, you will be speaking on your sloth's behalf. Seeing as your sloth is excited, your posts must reflect such. In other words, you must try your hardest to sound excited in every one of the posts you make. The excited modifier gives your sloth a two-shot ability to investigate any other player in the game. The investigation result will be a simple Innocent or Guilty result (could be useful to help you determine who your sloth's partner is). Note that your sloth's personality trait could change at any given time, and as a result, you could lose this ability at some point.

Please confirm that you have received and understand your role in the signup thread. If you have any questions about your role or the game, don't hesitate to ask!
Hello, Mido! Welcome to Mellow Ezlo's Sloth Breeding Centre. Thank you for offering up your name to give to one of our wonderful new sloths!

These sloths sure are growing up fast. Yours in particular has a distinct personality trait, evidently being a Sad Sloth!

206a33a94252d5ef7a1f94f7fe4f6433.jpg

Why is he sad? I don't quite know myself, but it seems to have made him rather vengeful. Alas, your sloth has in fact been misbehaving lately. Oh dear. He's had help, of course, but unfortunately I cannot tell you who the other mischievous sloth is. Though your sloths are on the same team and both win if just one survives until the end, they still must fend for themselves. I mean, if I put them together, how will they ever get better!

One thing I've noticed that's rather interesting is that your sloth only seems to attack during even-number nights. I'm not quite sure why that is, I am actually working on figuring it out, but that's how the cookie crumbles I suppose. Hopefully he doesn't attack his unknown partner, that would be a real shame now wouldn't it.

Within the game, you will be speaking on your sloth's behalf. Seeing as your sloth is sad, your posts must reflect such. In other words, you must try your hardest to sound sad in every one of the posts you make. Because your sloth is sad, he will require one more vote than majority to get lynched, since the other sloths pity him. Note that your sloth's personality trait could change at any given time, and as a result, you could lose this ability at some point.

Please confirm that you have received and understand your role in the signup thread. If you have any questions about your role or the game, don't hesitate to ask!
Hello, Jamie! Welcome to Mellow Ezlo's Sloth Breeding Centre. Thank you for offering up your name to give to one of our wonderful new sloths!

These sloths sure are growing up fast. Yours in particular has a distinct personality trait, evidently being an Angry Sloth!

cjSThRW7.jpeg

Why is he angry? I'm not too sure, maybe the other sloths have been picking on him. Poor guy. At least his intentions are good!

Within the game, you will be speaking on your sloth's behalf. Seeing as your sloth is angry, your posts must reflect such. In other words, you must try your hardest to sound angry in every one of the posts you make. Because your sloth is angry, he may be a tad vengeful. Should he get lynched, he has the ability to take one sloth down with him so long as that sloth was involved in his lynch. Certain sloths, however, may be immune to this ability. Note that your sloth's personality trait could change at any given time, and as a result, you could lose this ability at some point.

Hello, Minish_Link! Welcome to Mellow Ezlo's Sloth Breeding Centre. Thank you for offering up your name to give to one of our wonderful new sloths!

These sloths sure are growing up fast. Except yours seems to have rather slow development. He doesn't seem to be growing up as fast as the others. He is still an Adorable Baby Sloth.

adorable-baby-sloth.jpg

Aww, how cute! How can anybody kill such an adorable little creature! I'm not too sure myself, but I mean, your sloth has no real alignment. He's too young to fight, so he kinda just... hangs out. He can vote, of course, but that's really all. All he wants to do is survive! He wins with the town if the town gets a victory, but only if he manages to survive until the end of the game. Be careful, young one!

Within the game, you will be speaking on your sloth's behalf. Seeing as your sloth is still just an adorable baby sloth, your posts must reflect such. In other words, you must try your hardest to sound innocent in every one of the posts you make. I won't be enforcing this as strongly as the other personalities, use your own discretion to determine what "innocent" sounds like.

Hello, spruce! Welcome to Mellow Ezlo's Sloth Breeding Centre. Thank you for offering up your name to give to one of our wonderful new sloths!

These sloths sure are growing up fast. Yours in particular has a distinct personality trait, evidently being a Scared Sloth!

Why is he scared? I'm not too sure, maybe he's just skittish. Regardless of the reason, it's clear that he has good intentions!

Within the game, you will be speaking on your sloth's behalf. Seeing as your sloth is scared, your posts must reflect such. In other words, you must try your hardest to sound scared or paranoid in every one of the posts you make. The scared modifier gives your sloth a two-shot ability to roleblock any other player in the game. Note that your sloth's personality trait could change at any given time, and as a result, you could lose this ability at some point.

Hello, Libk! Welcome to Mellow Ezlo's Sloth Breeding Centre. Thank you for offering up your name to give to one of our wonderful new sloths!

These sloths sure are growing up fast. Yours in particular has a distinct personality trait, evidently being a Creepy Sloth!

smilig-sloth_2431931k.jpg

Why is he creepy? I don't know, but it sure is... well, creepy! But all the same, I'm sure his intentions are good!

Within the game, you will be speaking on your sloth's behalf. Seeing as your sloth is creepy, your posts must reflect such. In other words, you must try your hardest to sound like a creep in every one of the posts you make. Because your sloth is creepy, he will show up as "guilty" in any and all investigations. Note that your sloth's personality trait could change at any given time, and as a result, you could lose this ability at some point.

Hello, Pendio! Welcome to Mellow Ezlo's Sloth Breeding Centre. Thank you for offering up your name to give to one of our wonderful new sloths!

These sloths sure are growing up fast. Yours in particular has a distinct personality trait, evidently being a Happy Sloth!

tumblr_static_safari_6339_w910_370_0-100.jpg

Why is he happy? Well, let's not question it. Let's just be happy that he's happy! I probably don't need to explain that he has good intentions!

Within the game, you will be speaking on your sloth's behalf. Seeing as your sloth is happy, your posts must reflect such. In other words, you must try your hardest to sound happy in every one of the posts you make. The happy modifier gives your sloth a two-shot ability to protect other sloths from nightkills. Maybe that's why he's so happy, he gets to help people! Note that your sloth's personality trait could change at any given time, and as a result, you could lose this ability at some point.

Hello, Johnny Sooshi! Welcome to Mellow Ezlo's Sloth Breeding Centre. Thank you for offering up your name to give to one of our wonderful new sloths!

These sloths sure are growing up fast. Yours in particular has a distinct personality trait, evidently being a Dopey Sloth!

cGWaW.jpg

Why is he dopey? I don't know. And I'd rather not find out. Let's just be glad because it's clear that he has good intentions!

Within the game, you will be speaking on your sloth's behalf. Seeing as your sloth is dopey, your posts must reflect such. In other words, you must try your hardest to sound dopey in every one of the posts you make. The dopey modifier gives your sloth somewhat of a Jack-of-all-trades type ability. The catch, however, is that he will use a random ability each night, rather than choose one. Note that your sloth's personality trait could change at any given time, and as a result, you could lose this ability at some point.

Night Actions

spruce Roleblock - Pendio
Pendio - Save protections
Johnny Sooshi JoaT role randomizer - Nothing
Jamie - Became sad :(
DekuNut Investigate - Mido (guilty)
DekuNut Night Kill - Jamie
spruce Roleblock - DekuNut
Johnny Sooshi - Became angry :ananger:
DekuNut Investigate - spruce (failed, Roleblocked)
Mido Night Kill - Libk
Mido - Became scared :eek:

A Few Notes About the Setup
  • Mafia was randomized amongst 7 players (Minish_Link was the only player that could not be mafia)
  • Mafia did not know who each other were at the start (Deku discovered Mido through the use of his investigation shot), and therefore could not communicate; it was for this reason that the game was not over when it came down to 2v2, since the Mafia could not coordinate an easy win
  • One personality changed every night, and it was based on an event in the game that triggered the change (details below)
  • Minish_Link's role was basically that of a Survivor, however she would only have been able to win if she had survived to the end with a Town victory
  • Minish_Link's role was also the only one that would never change
  • While it was a no-reveal game, I tried to subtly hint in the death scenes what alignment the dead players had; a little extra thinking on your end and you guys may have been able to figure it out
  • To remedy the lack of communication within the scum team, they alternated which nights they were able to kill in; as DekuNut was an odd-night killer, that is why there was no kill during Night 3
Personality Modifiers
  • Excited - Two-shot Investigation
  • Happy - Two-shot Protection
  • Scared - Two-shot Roleblock
  • Angry - Vengeful
  • Sad - Beloved
  • Creepy - Miller
  • Dopey - Jack of all Trades (roles randomized each night; possibilities were Protection, Investigation, Roleblock, Night Kill, Nothing, Nothing)

If you're wondering what triggered the personality changes, here are the possibilities;

- If Adorable Baby Sloth got killed, the first person on its lynch OR the person responsible for its night kill would become Sad (Jamie)
- If it came down to a 2v1 game, the last mafia member would become Scared (Mido)
- If a player was presenting many great ideas and was on the ball, but nobody seemed to agree or really pay attention, they would become Angry (Johnny Sooshi)
- If a player successfully prevented a night kill, they would become Happy
- If a player had said something downright stupid and ludicrous, they would become Dopey
- Players could not become Creepy or Excited (or Adorable Baby Sloth, obviously)​

Thanks, again, for playing everyone! I had a lot of fun creating this setup and moderating this game, and I hope you all had fun playing (and that the personalities weren't terribly annoying :P)!

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Let's just take a moment to remember all of our fallen friends. :(

IN LOVING MEMORY:
Minish_Link - Adorable Baby Sloth
Day 1-Day 1
Rest in Peace

adorable-baby-sloth.jpg
IN LOVING MEMORY:
Jamie - Sad Sloth
Day 1-Night 1
Rest in Peace

206a33a94252d5ef7a1f94f7fe4f6433.jpg
IN LOVING MEMORY:
Pendio - Happy Sloth
Day 1-Day 2
Rest in Peace

tumblr_static_safari_6339_w910_370_0-100.jpg
IN LOVING MEMORY:
Libk - Creepy Sloth
Day 1-Night 2
Rest in Peace

smilig-sloth_2431931k.jpg
IN LOVING MEMORY:
DekuNut - Excited Sloth
Day 1-Day 3
Rest in Peace

b2ap3_thumbnail_tumblr_n74df1nrBf1qg1ek3o1_500.jpg
IN LOVING MEMORY:
Mido - Scared Sloth
Day 1-Day 4
Rest in Peace

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Good job everyone, this was a really fun game even though I only lasted one day. And thanks for hosting Mezlo! I loved your set-up and the amount of details that went into the game.

Mido

Version 1
tmw you guys all dismissed me as town the day after you lynched me

Mido...
View attachment 38529

Also, my role as excited sloth gave me a two-shot cop role, which I used to find Mido on Night 1, so I knew who you were this entire time. I was telling Tristan in private, "He better not vote me. He better not vote me. He better no- damn it"
But, as a whole, good game on all sides. @Mellow Ezlo thanks for coming up with this game. It was great. @spruce welcome to the club. You look like a worthy player. @Mido thanks for being my unwitting scumbud. Even though you killed me (:mad:) you did good for yourself.

My apologies, friend. The loss is on me this round! :) I wasn't mindful of the slight meta change. Personally, I got too warped in banking on other matters. Once again, my apologies! May I burn in the lava of Mustafar!

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
I really enjoyed plain with you guys. It really made me feel good inside. I hope you enjoyed me too ;)

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Good game guys, and thank you for trusting me on this Spruce :D

I tried to change up how I play a bit as town by going more aggressive. Not sure I got that down yet, but I might try to play this way more in the future.

Thanks for the great game Tristan :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom