• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread The Greatest Mafia Game Ever (aka Sloth Mafia™)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
All right guys, two hours left. We should probably decide on a lynchee. I dont think theres much more for Johnny and I to say - @Mido @spruce pick your poison: the Deku or the Johnnu
*is anxious to see*

spruce

redolent needling balm
I change my mind again. Is a really hard decision. Shoosi seems to know for sure Pendio is wolf, and Deku and Mido make long single isos on players they then don't vote. Shoosi is making the most sense of anyone, but I don't want Deku to die. Deku, poor Deku. Is there not any way they can maybe be rehabilitated instead of put down?

I would still wait a little longer, but I have to guard against double-posting, so I have to vote now and go to bed. I do my best. So sorry if I'm wrong. I go back and forth.

vote: DekuNut

Mido

Version 1
Vote: DekuNut

There's still a small part of me that is wary of Johnny's vote pattern this game; however, I think his final approach leans me to stick with my guns here.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
~Vote Tally 3.3~
  • DekuNut (3) - Johnny Sooshi, spruce, Mido
  • Johnny Sooshi (1) - DekuNut
Not Voting - :shrugs:

Day 3 will end Tuesday, June 6, 10PM PST. With 4 alive, 3 votes are required for majority.

Wow! What a day! It may have been slow, but there was some great discussion going on. I'm proud of you guys, you're starting to realize what this game is all about! :D

Unfortunately, though, I do have to put down another one of my sloths now. Was he one of the bad sloths? Perhaps. There's really no way of knowing at this point. The vote was nearly unanimous though, so you guys had better hope that DekuNut was one of the bad ones! Strangely enough, he seemed rather excited, even when he was dying... what was he so excited about? I don't know, and now we will never know. Oh well.

IN LOVING MEMORY:
DekuNut - Excited Sloth
Day 1-Day 3
Rest in Peace

b2ap3_thumbnail_tumblr_n74df1nrBf1qg1ek3o1_500.jpg

The Living: (3)
  • Mido
  • spruce
  • Johnny Sooshi
The Dead: (5)
  • Minish_Link (Put down Day 1)
  • Jamie (Murdered Night 1)
  • Pendio (Put down Day 2)
  • Libk (Murdered Night 2)
  • DekuNut (Put down Day 3)
NIGHT THREE BEGINS

Night 3 will end Wednesday, June 7, 10PM PST. Please send all night actions to me by then. If I get everything I need before then, I might end the night early.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I awoke this morning expecting to have to sadly carry away another dead sloth body, but fortunately, all three of the remaining sloths survived the night! :)

The Living: (3)
The Dead: (5)
  • Minish_Link (Put down Day 1)
  • Jamie (Killed Night 1)
  • Pendio (Put down Day 2)
  • Libk (Killed Night 2)
  • DekuNut (Put down Day 3)
DAY FOUR BEGINS

Day 4 will end when a majority lynch is reached. With 3 sloths alive, that means 2 votes are required to end the day. This is absolute lylo, so town must be extremely careful with their actions this day; just one wrong vote will cost you the game. Good luck!

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
That's a crafty move from whoever the scum is out of you two, stop it! Or perhaps you only had two factional kills? Or one of you isn't playing particularly actively? Hmmm...I'm too upset to think now. Gonna look over some old posts first.

@Mellow Ezlo EoD time and date?

spruce

redolent needling balm
Yeah, I don't know, Johnny. It looks like it could just as easily be either of you or none of us at all, but then why would the GM caution extreme care? Both of you have good and bad points and have played excellently if you're scum. I'm going to take some time to think this one over, yet again.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Yeah, I don't know, Johnny. It looks like it could just as easily be either of you or none of us at all, but then why would the GM caution extreme care? Both of you have good and bad points and have played excellently if you're scum. I'm going to take some time to think this one over, yet again.

I get what you're saying. Two of us are for sure sitting in that position, and all three of us are certainly gonna act like we are. That's how it is in a LyLo standoff like this.

Vote: Mido

Considering my thoughts from the prior day, I'll be quite angry if I get this wrong, but there's no point in beating around the bush. I still believe Spruce is town, considering he pushed the idea that Pendio was scum. I also still believe that Pendio was definitely scum, unless we were just super lucky from the get-go with Minish_Link. All of that together, it wouldn't make sense for Spruce and Pendio to be scumbuds in a game where there's no role reveal until the end of the game, because they'd have the advantage. That said, It makes more sense for the bad sloth to be Mido, who was under the radar for parts of the game, and who was able to use the Beloved modifier to secure his spot as a town leaning player for most of the game. Now if I'm wrong about all of this I will use my sloth rage and knock down some leaves. But I believe this is correct.

spruce

redolent needling balm
I'm ready to vote but I want to hear from Mido first. I'll give some food for thought though...

Well, as one continuously terrified past sanity, one of the things Pendio accused me of was playing my cards too close to my vest. I just haven't seen the immediate value in always letting players know what may have tipped off their scum game – what their weaknesses of play have been. In mafia/werewolf one shouldn't always just blurt out what one is thinking – there's a strategy to defeating wolves and staying alive as Town. Though, yeah, one needs to bring Town along on the journey to nailing scum.

I'll be candid at this point that Shoosi has pretty much shaded everyone in the game, rarely seeming to look for a Town connection – that unwavering aggressiveness is often either a scum trait or a trait of paranoid and powerless vanilla Town. To be constantly looking for the negative in players is a concept scum want to foster. One big thing in Shoosi's favour is the uh-oh moment where he felt so strongly about maybe getting caught voting me that he actually edits the post in capital bold to change his vote to DekuNut.

With Mido, I've already said there has been obvious skating on the -1 vote laurel. Mido's interactions with players have been far fewer and far more measured than those of Shoosi. When all of us were wondering about the -1 factor, Mido never whatsoever mitigated our befuddlement, though maybe they were too cautious about not breaking the rule against role claiming. AND, there's the waffling – for example, that Shoosi looked OK unvoting Pendio while also saying maybe Deku was right. And then Mido consistently downplays his own abilities at playing the game.

The thing is, both Mido and Shoosi voted Pendio when they didn't need to. If Pendio is scum as we've each suspected, the vote there by a wolf is crazy. Same with Deku, where we all (spruce, Shoosi, Mido) voted. One has to go all the way back to the D1 Minish vote, where spruce voted Minish (who now looks more likely scum than either Deku or Pendio), and where Shoosi voted Pendio (yet trying to unvote) and Mido didn't vote at all (having unvoted the opening joke vote on DekuNut). Mido comes out of that looking very bad, and when combined with what I know of my own role, I think the final wolf in sloth clothing is...

Mido

Version 1
I should mention to both of you that I never really thought much about my earlier modifier, so any sort of shade attempt on that front is simply something I didn't regard and discern as something to explain since in all honesty, I think what was said about it was sufficient enough. Although based on PoE at this point, I'm wagering Johnny is the likely last one. A ton of this is based on an inkling over his vote patterns, so I fear the lack of true meat to the bone could be the undoing here.

Vote: Johnny Sooshi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom