• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Great Expectations Mafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Looking at this day, it makes sense that we can't claim. Damn. At least we still have our prince and our loyalist alive. Also, good job on nabbing scum, guys. Even if not the best scum we could have gotten. Sorry about my absence. Work was a *****. Ask me whatever. Still have to work but a little more free tonight.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
When the day's been up for 18 hours and only three people have posted. Sad day, sad day.

Since there's so little activity today, and the next day is Day 4, I'm gonna propose that nobody votes today. I know how it may seem, but hear me out. We can't roleclaim in this game, and we can't specifically vote for no lynch, so there's no way of knowing who the Prince and Loyalist are, and there is a risk of lynching them. If they're both still alive at the start of Day 4, we get a role reveal and Pendio will at least be able to post again. On the other hand, if we lynch the prince today, we lose not only that person but also another townie, and if we lynch the Loyalist today, we miss out on a role reveal. If we use today for primarily discussion but don't actually lynch anybody, and instead give each other a good idea of who our suspicions are and we'll be in a really good spot tomorrow. We can trick the setup into allowing a no lynch by simply not voting for anybody today, and I think this is one rare circumstance when a no lynch can be a good outcome for the day.

But I want to hear everybody else's thoughts on this idea.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
When the day's been up for 18 hours and only three people have posted. Sad day, sad day.

Since there's so little activity today, and the next day is Day 4, I'm gonna propose that nobody votes today. I know how it may seem, but hear me out. We can't roleclaim in this game, and we can't specifically vote for no lynch, so there's no way of knowing who the Prince and Loyalist are, and there is a risk of lynching them. If they're both still alive at the start of Day 4, we get a role reveal and Pendio will at least be able to post again. On the other hand, if we lynch the prince today, we lose not only that person but also another townie, and if we lynch the Loyalist today, we miss out on a role reveal. If we use today for primarily discussion but don't actually lynch anybody, and instead give each other a good idea of who our suspicions are and we'll be in a really good spot tomorrow. We can trick the setup into allowing a no lynch by simply not voting for anybody today, and I think this is one rare circumstance when a no lynch can be a good outcome for the day.

But I want to hear everybody else's thoughts on this idea.

Personally I'm not entirely for it simply because of how quickly you decided to lynch ALIT. I'm not going to rule out a White Flag Gambit in this game. My personal opinion on who to lynch hasn't changed though. Mido is still very possibly scum imo. I'd be willing to go along with your plan, but it's not my first choice personally.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Personally I'm not entirely for it simply because of how quickly you decided to lynch ALIT. I'm not going to rule out a White Flag Gambit in this game. My personal opinion on who to lynch hasn't changed though. Mido is still very possibly scum imo. I'd be willing to go along with your plan, but it's not my first choice personally.
There are no nightkills in this game. Since the General is dead, we don't have to worry about two players getting executed next day. If we keep the Prince and the Loyalist alive, we have both a role reveal and Pendio can talk in the thread again. If we accidentally kill the Prince, however, we lose two townies. We have nothing to lose with the lack of nightkills; on the contrary, we gain an advantage. Whereas if we lynch someone today, we risk lynching one of the two roles that become really important during the next day. Ending today with no death, while it keeps the last two scum alive for sure, doesn't hurt us at all. Furthermore, on the off chance that we lynch someone today, that person flips scum, and that person is also revealed to have been the person the Loyalist chose, we lose our loyalist, whereas if we wait until next day, that same person is revealed as scum. It's a win-win, and it also gives us more discussion time, which is very good when the game is as inactive as it is. The benefits of doing this far outweigh the cons in the grand scheme of things. If we go along with it, it leaves us in a very good place next day. I was already suspicious of you, but I think I am moreso now. Normally I'm against no lynches, but this is one rare circumstance in which I think it's the best course of action to take.

On the point of Alit, that was Day 2. With the most important day in the game coming up very soon, the circumstances during Day 3 are different. Also, I had to put my vote on Alit quickly and rush it in at the end of the day because I didn't feel that strongly about lynching Mido, who would have ended up getting lynched otherwise.

D

Deleted member 14134

Ya sure, your reasoning is solid I'm ok with skipping a lynch

Mido

Version 1
I'm not totally sold on Mido. He is (sorry Mido) prone to making mistakes like this and I don't think it's alignment indicative at all.

Ah, it's no problem. Especially since I've been playing like hot garbage as of late.

Anyways, while I see the theory of the lynch plan making sense, I am curious as to whether not voting at all would just put all of us at risk for a random lynch? If this is the case, the plan may not work out depending on how the luck of the draw plays out.

D

Deleted member 14134

Ah, it's no problem. Especially since I've been playing like hot garbage as of late.

Anyways, while I see the theory of the lynch plan making sense, I am curious as to whether not voting at all would just put all of us at risk for a random lynch? If this is the case, the plan may not work out depending on how the luck of the draw plays out.
Well, if nobody votes, like any other game, nobody dies.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Sorry I haven't posted more today, I just haven't really had time to. Anyways, I agree with Tristan's plan and was going to suggest the same thing. In this scenario, not voting is absolutely the best idea since it puts us at a great advantage and does no harm whatsoever. It would be risky trying to lynch scum because even if we are correct, if it's the person the Loyalist chose, we lose them when we would have found out the same thing the next day.

At the moment, my greatest suspicion is probably on Johnny since he isn't entirely in agreement with the plan to not vote. Voting now would greatly benefit the mafia if we are wrong and lynch the wrong person since we would risk losing more than one townie.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
There are no nightkills in this game. Since the General is dead, we don't have to worry about two players getting executed next day. If we keep the Prince and the Loyalist alive, we have both a role reveal and Pendio can talk in the thread again. If we accidentally kill the Prince, however, we lose two townies. We have nothing to lose with the lack of nightkills; on the contrary, we gain an advantage. Whereas if we lynch someone today, we risk lynching one of the two roles that become really important during the next day. Ending today with no death, while it keeps the last two scum alive for sure, doesn't hurt us at all. Furthermore, on the off chance that we lynch someone today, that person flips scum, and that person is also revealed to have been the person the Loyalist chose, we lose our loyalist, whereas if we wait until next day, that same person is revealed as scum. It's a win-win, and it also gives us more discussion time, which is very good when the game is as inactive as it is. The benefits of doing this far outweigh the cons in the grand scheme of things. If we go along with it, it leaves us in a very good place next day. I was already suspicious of you, but I think I am moreso now. Normally I'm against no lynches, but this is one rare circumstance in which I think it's the best course of action to take.

On the point of Alit, that was Day 2. With the most important day in the game coming up very soon, the circumstances during Day 3 are different. Also, I had to put my vote on Alit quickly and rush it in at the end of the day because I didn't feel that strongly about lynching Mido, who would have ended up getting lynched otherwise.

Sorry for my late reply. Been having some phone trouble so I don't really have the ability to log on as often.

Anyway, I suppose I'll go along with your plan. Like I said, I normally don't agree with an idea like this, but after looking at it again it makes sense overall that this would help the town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom