• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Great Expectations Mafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I think choosing Jamie was a smart choice by the Loyalist.He's one of the harder players to read, so having confirmation of his role is good either way.

I'm definitely leaning town for Tristan at this point. All of the others I'm still iffy on. Johnny is still pretty suspicious to me for being against not voting. Bok has been less active in this game than others, so I could see him being scum and rying to lay low since it would be his first time. Plus he's someone that we'd least likely expect the General to choose, so that would be a contrast to choosing Jamie. I still don't really like how Libk made the game serious right off and then hasn't said much since. Jamie was also pretty aggressive towards him for finding him suspicious, and also for saying he knew Jamie was scum. Could have been them trying to distance themselves from each other. Mido's also done some odd things, which could be scum moves, but he seems like he's playing a lot like his last game as town. Though when Johnny had the only vote in the game on Mido and Tristan voted ALIT, Jamie voted his own general, which does make me think Mido could be the other scum and it would have been a smart move to lynch the General in that case so that we had to find both of the other mafia instead of just one.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Though when Johnny had the only vote in the game on Mido and Tristan voted ALIT, Jamie voted his own general, which does make me think Mido could be the other scum and it would have been a smart move to lynch the General in that case so that we had to find both of the other mafia instead of just one.
This is also a very good point, and one thing I noticed was that Jamie followed me on my suspicion on Alit immediately after I first declared it whilst saying nothing about Mido. A good player like Jamie would know that they'd be better off lynching the General than a Conspirator, because as long as the General was alive it was harder for them to win. I feel like Johnny's actions are more suspicious than Mido's but it's sometimes the indirect stuff that really makes scum stand out. That's why I'm conflicted. I can see Alit picking either of them. I want to hear from Johnny, but honestly, I'd be down to lynch either of them.

But then, like you said, there's also the possibility that scum lies within the ones that are laying low and not contributing much, in other words, Bok and Libk. The only person I feel strongly about is you, which hasn't changed since the start of the game.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Personally I'm not entirely for it simply because of how quickly you decided to lynch ALIT. I'm not going to rule out a White Flag Gambit in this game. My personal opinion on who to lynch hasn't changed though. Mido is still very possibly scum imo. I'd be willing to go along with your plan, but it's not my first choice personally.

I'm curious as to why the reason you didn't like the no voting plan was due to Tristan being quick to lynch ALIT. I could understand why you might see that as suspicious, but how would that affect us not voting? Also, now that Jamie (the other person who voted ALIT) flipped scum, have your opinions changed any?

D

Deleted member 14134

Midos game is reminding me more of night hut mafia when he made mistakes but turned out to be town. Personally I'm leaning more towards Johnny right now, I'm gonna try to reread everything and make a better more thought out post but I just thought I'd give an update as to where I am right now.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
My biggest suspicion from yesterday carries over today, mostly because he seemed to be against the idea of a no lynch when it turned out to benefit us greatly, and I also don't like how he kept his vote on Mido during day 2 when he, although suspicious, wasn't playing any different from the way he usually does, and I almost feel like it was an attempt to prevent a lynch on someone else, like Alit. Also, iirc, Jamie didn't talk about Johnny much aside from responding to a post in which Johnny said Jamie and Pendio's Bok votes were suspicious, and in that same post, Johnny said he would be willing to vote Pendio over Jamie. Johnny was also one of the people I said I can see Alit picking as a Conspirator, along with Mido himself. I'd be ok with lynching either of them, but between the two, I find myself to be more suspicious of Johnny. On top of that, even though his lynch was inevitable because of the Loyalist, I can't help but feel like his vote on Jamie was awfully convenient, but that's more of a hunch thing

I'm curious as to why the reason you didn't like the no voting plan was due to Tristan being quick to lynch ALIT. I could understand why you might see that as suspicious, but how would that affect us not voting? Also, now that Jamie (the other person who voted ALIT) flipped scum, have your opinions changed any?

I'm gonna answer these together rather than individually since they both called me on the same stuff.

First off, the switches to ALIT happened suddenly. I get that Tristan was suspicious of ALIT as the day went on, but I was pretty much set on Mido. That was 3 days prior to now. In my opinion Mido is still higher up on my list of the last possible scum. Being attacked for not voting ALIT when the votes went after ALIT happened in like the last 15-20 minutes of the day.

As far as me pushing a vote on Day 3, I'm of the opinion that we shouldn't waste a day when we can hunt scum as well. I think Mido is the final scum, ergo, getting that, plus the Jamie reveal would have ended the day faster. However, in retrospect, Tristan's idea was definitely the safer one.

Personally, I'm definitely leaning town for Tristan, and Mido is still my best scum read. That's all my opinion tho.

Vote: Mido

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
VOTE COUNT:
Johnny Sooshi (1): Tristan
Mido (1): Johnny Sooshi
Not Voting (4): Minish_Link, Mido, Libk, Bok of the Wild

The day ends at 12 noon PST on Friday, March 3, 2017. With 6 alive, 4 is majority.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Alright guys, let's get something done today.

I've already made it clear who my two main suspicions are rn, and it looks like the general consensus is leaning towards Johnny. It's currently a tie between the two people I'm most suspicious of. I'm not as suspicious of Mido as I am of Johnny, but I wouldn't be surprised if the former did turn out to be scum.

@Pendio I think your thoughts are the most valuable at this time, as a confirmed townie. Did you have time to catch up?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Actually, scratch that. I just did a quick reread, and I noticed a post again that I sort of ignored before.

Yeah, I'm not going to deny that I effed up here in hindsight. I had a slight town lean on Pendio as well, but part of me didn't want to leave the Lynch to chance since my vote removal would have done so. Still, the fact my read on Pendio was as it was leaves me kicking myself in the shins for that smart move. :|
I know Mido does this a lot, and it's not really alignment indicative, but I really don't like posts like this. Appeals to emotion can be huge scumtells, and this reeks of that. It's not a defense, it's an excuse. I overlooked this before, but man does this post hurt.

So with that said...

Unvote

I sort of see where the concerns about Pendio stem from as well, but I find it difficult to wage his intention on his latest vote. It's likely a joke though, but at worst an opportunity to oust a strong town player if said player is town. I apologize for being all over the place with this post; I've just been in a bit of a rut lately.
I still don't have the faintest idea what Mido was trying to say here. Were you suspicious of Pendio or not? Why did you keep your vote on him?

I'm still highly suspicious of Johnny, but man, that post above really smells fishy. I really don't like appeals to emotion in Mafia games.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I was hoping more people would join in on the discussion before I decided who to vote for, but since I won't be on for end of day I guess I'll have to go with what's been posted so far.

I do appreciate that Johnny has responded to suspicions about him and has tried to defend himself. Though I don't entirely agree with why he was against the no vote, I can see where he was coming from if he truly felt that Mido was scum. Also, having thought about it a little more, I'm not sure if scum would focus on going after one particular person so aggressively all game, like Johnny has, especially when they're the last mafia member remaining.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
VOTE COUNT:
Mido (3): Johnny Sooshi, Tristan, Minish_Link
Not Voting (3): Mido, Libk, Bok of the Wild

They were so close now. Theyd taken out A Link in Time and Jamie. There was only one left. But who...
This time their choice was Mido.
RIP Mido. You will be missed. May Axel have mercy on your soul.
Mido was a Courtier

DAY SIX BEGINS
Day 6 will end at 1pm PST on Sunday, March 5, 2017. With 5 alive, 3 is majority. Player list coming soon.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
As I said before, the only person I feel really strongly about is Minish, who I think has been playing a very town game through and through. I've had a town lean on Libk, but his disappearance is definitely noteworthy, and honestly Jamie's flip makes me feel a bit worse about him (he said he was suspicious of Jamie and Pendio during Day 1, but he voted Pendio over the former). Bok I've been neutral on all game. I don't necessarily have a scum lean on him, but I don't have a town lean on him either, so he's 50/50. He hasn't been contributing much, and most of what he's said is stuff others also said. The only truly noteworthy thing he's done was react to his RVS votes, which seemed genuine to me (genuine as in just afraid of getting lynched, as opposed to panicked as scum might be). I've already stated my thoughts on Johnny, who is still my most suspicious player, but I don't think he would go after Mido that strongly if he was scum. It's possible, but I have a hard time believing a player like Johnny would do that. But I will ask...

@Johnny Sooshi what do you think now that Mido has been revealed as town? Do you have any other suspicions?

I'm inclined to lynch Johnny today, but I'd love some input from the other players. If not him, I'd be ok with a Bok or Libk lynch today, but Johnny is still my number one.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Got a working computer, so I'll be able to contribute more than I have been now.

Not having nightkills makes things a little easier for the mafia, because they could just sit back and not have any suspicion cast on them because they aren't doing anything. That's what makes me a bit weary about Libk and Bok; there's not much to go on for either since they haven't been posting much.

Bok would be someone that wouldn't be as likely to be chosen as scum, since he's never played it before, which would be a good counterbalance to choosing Jamie. His play this time is definitely different from other games where he was town and very active. Though I kinda feel like Jamie might have convinced him to be more active if they were scum buddies together, so that he didn't look as suspicious.

I've already stated my suspicions about Libk. He started the game off strong almost right away, but there hasn't been much of anything from him since then. However, if he were mafia, it would seem like he would post to defend himself seeing as he would be the only member left now. But maybe he hasn't felt the need to yet since others were seen as more suspicious than him.

Johnny obviously looks the most suspicious, but that's mostly because he's actually given us things we can read into and look for evidence from. Like I said the previous day though, I'm not sure he would have focused on going after Mido so aggressively if he were scum, especially since Mido isn't a huge threat to the mafia. It actually would have benefited him to keep Mido around because it would keep some of the suspicion off of him, assuming he is scum.

If Tristan is the last mafia member, then he deserves to win at this point since I feel so strongly about him being town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom