• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Great Expectations Mafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I'm still a bit wary when it comes to Jamie, as I still stand by my saying that even on day one when rvsing you should try to be aware of votes. But for now I'm going to overlook this a bit, as I'm in agreement about Mido's RVS vote staying being fishy too. I'm at work atm but I'll try to add more as I can.
I didn't even bring him to L-1, though. I brought him to L-2. Which in a 9 person game is not that many votes. I don't even see how being unaware is scummy, what I did is neutral as ****. But I'm not gonna go back and forth forever on this.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Yeah, I'm not going to deny that I effed up here in hindsight. I had a slight town lean on Pendio as well, but part of me didn't want to leave the Lynch to chance since my vote removal would have done so. Still, the fact my read on Pendio was as it was leaves me kicking myself in the shins for that smart move. :|

Do you have any suspicions to add to the discussion?

Mido's vote on Pendio was a random day 1 vote that he didn't take off even after it was one of the ones that put Pendio in the lead. It's especially odd since he said he didn't particularly find Pendio and Jamie's votes concerning, but thought Bok's reaction to them stood out more. Why not vote for Bok in that situation rather than Pendio? Though while he did pose some doubt about Bok in that post, he also said he could see it being a town move. To me, that post seemed a bit like how Mido was playing in his last game (posting suspicions about people but then kind of backtracking and saying it could just be nothing), which got him lynched as a townie. That's why I could see Mido being town, but I also see his vote as being more suspicious than Libk's.

I don't feel incredibly strong about Mido being scum, so I'm going to refrain from voting him at the moment since we really need to be sure about our votes.

The thing I find about Mido is that he tends to play the same way whether he's town or scum, and generally more so as scum. I get the careful play style, but backing off doesn't help much, nor does it really earn town cred imo. With nothing else that I can go off of at this point, I'm going to vote Mido.

Vote: Mido

If he can come back and post I may reconsider.

D

Deleted member 14134

I just got called into work. I'll post someone on my break and be around for the last few hours of the day

D

Deleted member 14134

I don't want to post until I get home since my thoughts would be half finished if I did now. I haven't been following the game too closely but I'm going to try to be more active as admittedly my thoughtson have been elsewhere lately.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I don't want to post until I get home since my thoughts would be half finished if I did now. I haven't been following the game too closely but I'm going to try to be more active as admittedly my thoughtson have been elsewhere lately.
butterflies, little buddy

Mido

Version 1
Do you have any suspicions to add to the discussion?

Honestly, none. I was sort of concerned about Tristan on the previous day, as his last post that day led me to consider a possible Tristan-Pendio scumteam, but Pendio's town flip sends that one off to sea.

Tristan said:
And regarding Pendio, I don't find his unvote to be really suspicious, but if it was between him and Jamie, I'd pick the former. Looking back, I can see how his unvote may look suspicious to people, even if it doesn't to me.

It was that although he said he would pick the former, he never capitalized on a vote, but he also said he wasn't truly suspicious of Pendio, making a much more sensible decision that I did, even though I agreed with his views. I suppose I saw this as sort of a soft-distancing from a potential teammate, which is most certainly not the case now given what we know.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Honestly, none. I was sort of concerned about Tristan on the previous day, as his last post that day led me to consider a possible Tristan-Pendio scumteam, but Pendio's town flip sends that one off to sea.
It was that although he said he would pick the former, he never capitalized on a vote, but he also said he wasn't truly suspicious of Pendio, making a much more sensible decision that I did, even though I agreed with his views. I suppose I saw this as sort of a soft-distancing from a potential teammate, which is most certainly not the case now given what we know.

So, would you entertain the possibility that Tristan may have been using a town player to cover himself, knowing that Pendio would most likely get lynched, and using his personal reasoning to gain town cred?

Mido

Version 1
So, would you entertain the possibility that Tristan may have been using a town player to cover himself, knowing that Pendio would most likely get lynched, and using his personal reasoning to gain town cred?

It's possible, although my original line of thinking was more geared to both of them being mafia. I'd definitely have to reevaluate Tristan in this respect although aside from that post, I had not quite noticed anything too eye-opening.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
It's possible, although my original line of thinking was more geared to both of them being mafia. I'd definitely have to reevaluate Tristan in this respect although aside from that post, I had not quite noticed anything too eye-opening.

Fair enough.

If you had to vote right now, who would you pick?

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
VOTE COUNT
Mido (1): Johnny Sooshi
Not Voting (7): Tristan, Minish_Link, Jamie, Bok of the Wild, Libk, Mido, A Link in Time

Day 2 ends at 6pm PST on Sunday, February 26, 2017. With 8 alive, it takes 5 votes to reach majority.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
@Bok of the Wild, I understand being busy and stuff, but even if you can post like a one-liner or something it can be helpful.

@Johnny Sooshi did you get what you wanted out of your vote, or do you actually want to lynch Mido?

Sorry for the quick post, I'll try to get a more fleshed out post in before EoD. Classes resume tomorrow and I have a few midterms this week so this is my last chance to really practice and study.

D

Deleted member 14134

Jamie: Good player and I think he would likely be picked for mafia. I can see him getting picked even though it might be obvious. If I were the general I'd rather have him be lynched early than have to play against him. One thing I noticed last game when he was scum was he sat back and poked here and there but never really formed his own cases against people like when he was town and this looks more like his scum game right now. This shouldn't be concrete though as I've only played two games against him but since two of the scum were picked I can't disregard him completely yet.

Tristan: I read the Sherlock Mafia before I joined where he was scum. He sat back alot more in that game so I'm lead to believe that he is town this game as he seems to be posting alot. Though with us not having much information going into day 2 I don't necessarily believe that activity is towntell. I think this vote will give us more info on everyone but anyways, as for Tristan I give him a town lead right now.

Minish: I'm kind of upset that she posted the idea of sharing who we think would be picked as general since I thought of it but didn't get around to posting it so I'm lead to believe that she's town. Honestly, she would be one of my picks if I was the general since she seems to be good at the game and is rather new so she wouldn't be the most obvious pick. Leaning town for her.

Mido: Probably leaning scum at the moment, mostly for reasons which have already been said. Not 100% sure though, I feel like there's not alot to go on for anything but I suppose I'd be ok with a Mido lynch.

Johnny: Not much to say, he's trying to get the ball rolling by voting mido but there's not much else I can comment on.

Libk: Seems like the general feel for him is town right now but I can see him voting Pendio the way he did to try and gain cred since that was the only serious vote that day

ALIT: I feel like he's pointing at people without really pursing any leads he has. I'm 50/50 on him right now.

Pendio: RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom