• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Great Expectations Mafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I'm not totally sold on Mido. He is (sorry Mido) prone to making mistakes like this and I don't think it's alignment indicative at all. Johnnys vote doesn't strike me as suspicious in itself but I am going to look into him hard if Mido flips town. I likr his activity. ALIT is the most suspicious to me. His list of people who haven't contributed much seemed scummy to me for reasons I noted, his suspicion of Minish especially doesn't sit well for me.

If it was up to me, Johnny, I'd say remove your vote. I'm not entirely sure I want to create a tie though, what does everyone else think would be a better lynch candidate? ALIT is at the top of my personal list.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Overall, yes, but Mido is also the only one I can go off of. Overall, I don't get a scum vibe from him, but he's the only one I'm super suspicious of. If I unvote, the town will start day 3 without anything new to go off of. We'll be where we were today.
See, the only problem I have is that his reaction to your pressure vote doesn't scream scum to me, and like you said, he plays the same way whether town or scum; the main thing I have to say though is that I feel like he would've reacted more to your vote if he was scum, and I've noticed his unconfidence typically comes from his town play.

That being said, however, the day ends in less than 20 minutes, and it doesn't look like there are very many people online. For this reason, and this reason only, I'm willing to vote Mido myself, but I'd personally rather go after Alit, who has been suspicious to me since the day started.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I agree that Mido seems to be the person with the most evidence against him, but I'm still not entirely convinced he's scum. Johnny did point out that Mido typically plays scum and town the same, so that does make thoughts about him maybe not being scum due to his previous game kinda null, but I just don't find the evidence against Mido extremely strong.

I do find Libk's lack of posting a bit concerning though since he was the first to make the game serious, then kinda backed off.

Jamie

Oh, actually it looks like Jamie's here. In that case, there's nothing to worry about.

Vote: A Link In Time

@Jamie
Alright I think we agree on this. I don't want possible Mylo to be decided via tie and ALIT is also my biggest suspect.
Vote: ALIT

Jamie

If we mislynch now, town loses right? With the mafia kill and a mislynch, we would be at 3 and 3, which is a win for mafia.
There is no mafia kill famalama ding dong

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
VOTE COUNT
A Link in Time (2): Tristan, Jamie
Mido (1): Johnny Sooshi
Not Voting (5): Minish_Link, Bok of the Wild, Libk, Mido, A Link in Time

Once again the group is in disarray. Who among them was the one who tried to take the throne?
They ponder the idea of killing nobody for the time, but two people think differently. They look at each other, give a nod, and turn to A Link in Time, shoving a sword through his chest.
A Link in Time gasps, looking downwards. He hadn't expected this... he hadn't expected a lot of what had happened over the last day, but this was something he'd barely even considered.
A Link in Time's eyes narrow, and he swings for those around him, but his energy is leaving quickly, and he does nothing more than impale himself farther on the blade. He coughs up a little blood as he drops to the ground, sliding off the blade. With his last bits of energy, he reaches into his pockets, looking for something. He pulls something out just as he dies.
A white flag, now stained red.
And so The General falls.

LIVING PLAYERS (7)
DEAD PLAYERS (2)
  • Pendio, a Courtier
  • A Link in Time, the General
DAY THREE BEGINS
Day three ends at 7:00 pm PST on Tuesday, February 28, 2017. With 7 alive, 4 is majority.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I feel like Bok, Mido, Johnny, and Minish are lacking this game. I wouldn't be surprised to see scum there.
So, I took a look at this post again. I don't think Alit would put both of his Conspirators here, so I think either one of these people are scum or none of them are. I'm gonna take away Minish because she still leans town for me. I can see Alit picking either one of the remaining three to be his conspirator, moreso Mido and Johnny though. I wouldn't be surprised if either of them were scum. I still don't like that Alit was so quick to dismiss the fact that Mido kept his RVS on Pendio despite apparently having a town lean on him. And I also don't like how Johnny kept his vote on Mido at the end of Day 2, possibly trying to save Alit. There's one small problem I have with that though, and that's that it's potentially easier for scum to win if the General is dead. If it happens to be that none of the people he named here are scum, that would only leave Jamie and Libk, both of whom I've had town leans on for much of this game.

I've been neutral on Johnny for pretty much the whole game. A part of me is feeling like he's one of the Conspirators. I can definitely see Alit picking him. I don't think him and Mido are both Conspirators though, because bussing a fellow Conspirator in this set up (in which the town wins if the General is the only scum remaining) would be a really bad strategy.

Also, Alit being the General is actually somewhat disadvantageous to us, because now it means we have to lynch all three scum to win since it's no longer White Flag. Because of this, I hope to see more participation during this day than previous days. We also have to be careful to ensure that we don't accidentally mislynch the Prince or the Loyalist; If we lynch the Prince today, then two townies die, while if we are able to keep the Loyalist alive until tomorrow, we'll have a role reveal, and if the Loyalist chose a townie, we have a confirmed townie, and if he/she chose scum, then we'll get a scum reveal. Both are great for us. Because of this, I'd rather not place any votes today unless we have a general consensus. Right now though, I'm leaning towards Johnny or Mido as being possible scum. I'm probably about 50/50 on them.

As for the other players, Bok has been lying rather low this game. He's never been scum before, and he's generally comparatively active as town, so I'm not too sure what to think about him. I had a town lean on Libk, but he does seem to have disappeared, and I noticed Alit had a town lean on him as well, so Libk is another person I now want to take another look at. Then there's Jamie, who I still have a slight town lean on because of the exchange between him and Minish earlier on, but whom I'm still wary of. Considering Alit may have intentionally not listed any Conspirators in his list, that would leave Jamie and Libk as the conspirators, but I doubt Alit would make it that obvious, and that's a WIFOM more than anything anyway.

Sorry that this post is all over the place, I've been gradually adding to it over the past hour and a halfish when I get a new thought.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
The General being dead does make this a bit more difficult since we now have to find both of the other mafia members, but it might somewhat help knowing ALIT was the one that chose the other two. Maybe people who have played longer/know him better might have some idea as to who he could have picked?

The vote also makes me lean more town for Tristan and Jamie. Though I do see ways in which voting ALIT could partially benefit them if they were also scum, but he wasn't really in danger before that so I definitely see it as more of a town move.

I also agree with Tristan that it might be best not to vote today unless we all feel strongly about it, since this is the last day before the Prince and Loyalists actions come into play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom