• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Zelda Wii U Rumors

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Emily Rogers, one who is an insider to the business and predicted accurately, Paper Mario for Wii U among a variety of other things. Has had something to say about Zelda Wii U
Her three main points are:

Dual release with NX
Voice acting for all characters except Link
And
Choosing a gender for the main character.
http://nintendoeverything.com/zelda...nx-release-play-as-a-malefemale-voice-acting/

These are all really safe predictions, and I do think they are all true, just from the way the Zelda team has acted throughout and danced their way throughout this game. It's nothing really new. This is all stuff we really pretty much knew anyway. However, it is indeed something to note.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
I'll just copy and paste what I wrote in the NX rumor thread:

A dual release is completely unsurprising. I am curious if Linkle would be the default female character model. I know she's a completely separate character from Link, but Aonuma seems to have taken a liking to her and stated he would like for her to appear in future games. As for voice acting, I'll believe it once I hear it. Zelda has been resistant to adding voice acting for so long that it's hard to believe. That said, it might explain why we have yet to see any NPC footage.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Being able to choose between a male and female Link is the most sensible option to please fans who wanted a female persona. If it's true, Nintendo is taking great strides to listen to criticism while playing catch-up with voice acting and "mainstream" customization. The beginning point of any good avatar creation game is gender selection and choosing a voice at the end (God Eater, White Knight Chronicles, and Xenoblade Chronicles X). As far as voice acting goes, it seems that Nintendo took inspiration from X and decided to keep Link (or Linkle?) silent while other characters speak; in which case dialogue choices would affect the flow of discussion.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I'm standing by what I have said before. I predict the NX is not coming this year but 2017. I will not believe otherwise untill I see a release date from Nontendo themselves with my own eyes.

I think the Zelda Wii U will come to NX as a launch title but it will have been out for months prior as a Wii U exclusive.

Voice acting has been needed in the series since 2006 and definitely when SS came out. If that part turns out true I will be most pleased. And having link be the silent protagonist like the Dragonborn or Fallout 3's wastelander is a good idea.

Gender selection could be tricky unless they made one gender the canon one which is not fair on the other gender. I don't go around asking for a male Lara croft so I don't think we need a female Link. This series has a large female fanbase who like playing as link the way he is. When a sequel to this game comes, how will statues of the hero of this era appear?

The way I saw it working was having two separate characters of this era that are both present in the game and save the world together and the player picks the one they want to play as.

I think this rumour is just someone saying anything relatively plausible and hoping it will stick. There is no game specifics being mentioned here. Honestly anyone could make this up and probably be correct. We've all been talking avout voice acting for everyone but Link and a dual WiiU/NX release for years.
This is more repetition of old rumours. Nothing new here.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
I think this rumour is just someone saying anything relatively plausible and hoping it will stick. There is no game specifics being mentioned here. Honestly anyone could make this up and probably be correct. We've all been talking avout voice acting for everyone but Link and a dual WiiU/NX release for years.
This is more repetition of old rumours. Nothing new here.
However, this is a more valid source than all of the rest. Remember, Emily Rogers correctly predicted Paper Mario among other things as well

However, this is a more valid source than all of the rest. Remember, Emily Rogers correctly predicted Paper Mario among other things as well
Valid soirce or not, it's still Captain Obvious. But it's nice to have semi-officially kinda confirmed what we all have already guessed would happen. On that front it's nice that she said this.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Valid soirce or not, it's still Captain Obvious. But it's nice to have semi-officially kinda confirmed what we all have already guessed would happen. On that front it's nice that she said this.
I agree it is obvious....

You know... I just wish Nintendo would release some damn information on this game so that we aren't at the mercy of leakers!

I agree it is obvious....

You know... I just wish Nintendo would release some damn information on this game so that we aren't at the mercy of leakers!

You honestly can't fault the fans/"gaming journalists" for trying to get a hold on everything they can. If Nintendo isn't going to market the game, then the task falls to someone else. It is utterly laughable that this game has gone through a 5-year, AAA development cycle and we know functionally nothing. I welcome each and every leak with open arms at this point.

I am very excited about the prospect of full voice acting, despite Nintendo being a good decade behind the industry as per usual.

I will never play Zelda again if the atrocity known as Linkle stumbles herself into a canon game.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
You honestly can't fault the fans/"gaming journalists" for trying to get a hold on everything they can. If Nintendo isn't going to market the game, then the task falls to someone else. It is utterly laughable that this game has gone through a 5-year, AAA development cycle and we know functionally nothing. I welcome each and every leak with open arms at this point.

I am very excited about the prospect of full voice acting, despite Nintendo being a good decade behind the industry as per usual.

I will never play Zelda again if the atrocity known as Linkle stumbles herself into a canon game.
Oh no, I am not faulting the leakers one bit. I just think that it is despicable that Nintendo is not saying anything about this game so that the only thing we can rely on for information is leakers.

Yes, one of her few predictions that was right. I'm pretty sure only two of them were right out of like ten, the other one being we would get Smash on the Wii U (we literally got a new Smash Brothers on every Nintendo home console since the N64, it was pretty obvious.)

Anyways, if we get a female Link, then we need a 70 year old black Link with a missing arm and a wheelchair. He's supposed to be a representation everybody, yeah?

The way I saw it working was having two separate characters of this era that are both present in the game and save the world together and the player picks the one they want to play as.

So like in the Pokemon games then, where the gender you don't chose becomes your rival? I like that idea.

As for the people who whine about Linkle possibly being a choice, who ****ing cares? You don't have to play her, so why would you even care? Going by that logic, you shouldn't be able to name Link either because someone could call him assface or something and that would be canon too. I'd understand if people were upset if a female character were to replace Link, but as long as she's optional, I don't mind at all, and neither should anyone else.

So like in the Pokemon games then, where the gender you don't chose becomes your rival? I like that idea.

As for the people who whine about Linkle possibly being a choice, who ****ing cares? You don't have to play her, so why would you even care? Going by that logic, you shouldn't be able to name Link either because someone could call him assface or something and that would be canon too. I'd understand if people were upset if a female character were to replace Link, but as long as she's optional, I don't mind at all, and neither should anyone else.
The problem is that this type of thing never applies to games that started off with female protagonists. You couldn't get a male Chell in Portal, and you can't get a male Samus in Metroid, and, no matter what people like to say about Link being an "avatar," he's been a male for 30 years. So what if his design changes a bit between games? I don't see Mario with brown overalls in Mario games anymore.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
The problem is that this type of thing never applies to games that started off with female protagonists. You couldn't get a male Chell in Portal, and you can't get a male Samus in Metroid, and, no matter what people like to say about Link being an "avatar," he's been a male for 30 years. So what if his design changes a bit between games? I don't see Mario with brown overalls in Mario games anymore.

Linkle is not female Link. She is another character. I personally do not want a female Link however I don't mind an option to play as another female who is not link. For example Linkle would be fine by me.

In tomb raider for instance. If there was Lara and her male companion and you could pick either and both were characters in the game regardless. That could be fine. But male Lara just shouldn't happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom