• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Zelda Wii U Rumors

Zorth

#Scoundrel
All of that sounds great (except for the SS art style in HD) but then again it's an unknown source from Japan that we have no clue if we can trust or not. I do however hope some of it's true like the huge dungeons and the online features rumor, but I hardly think Nintendo would push something this big as early as 2014, after all it'll most likely be a game changer for how we play games, so Nintendo won't want to rush this. ;)

Deeds

no text
Doubt it would be in SS' style, although I wouldn't mind at all. I really do want Nintendo to make the most of their HD by making the visuals realistic, that would be awesome. I'm kind of glad that it is rumoured to come out in 2014 as well, this means they'll spend a lot more time on it - hopefully making a better game. Can't wait.

It being the biggest Zelda game ever I definitely believe, though that could be predicted by just about anybody. I'm pretty skeptical of the 2014 release rumor, as even with the biggest Zelda development team to date it would most likely take more than 2-3 years to bust out the biggest Zelda game yet, especially if Nintendo doesn't want to rush the product. If the source is truthful and the game is currently in SS's graphic scheme, I doubt that'll remain through the end of development; they are much more likely to change the graphics to fit the game, meaning the SS graphics are probably just a place-holder while development begins until a decision is made. But that's just my speculation.

It being the biggest Zelda game ever I definitely believe, though that could be predicted by just about anybody. I'm pretty skeptical of the 2014 release rumor, as even with the biggest Zelda development team to date it would most likely take more than 2-3 years to bust out the biggest Zelda game yet, especially if Nintendo doesn't want to rush the product. If the source is truthful and the game is currently in SS's graphic scheme, I doubt that'll remain through the end of development; they are much more likely to change the graphics to fit the game, meaning the SS graphics are probably just a place-holder while development begins until a decision is made. But that's just my speculation.

It mentioned that development started in 2010, so that is 4 years development. SS took 5 (or was it 7? :S ), so with a large new crew I could imagine it coming in 2014... though I bet it will get delayed to early/mid 2015.

This is actually a bit of an older rumor, so I've read it before. Nintendo has neither confirmed or denied this to my knowledge, although I don't think it's picked up enough wind to reach their ears. Could be true, but I still find it dubious. I believe during Skyward Sword's development Nintendo said they were too busy to work on other Zelda games at the moment (considering they were multitasking Skyward Sword and Spirit Tracks), so Zelda Wii U being in development since 2010 is a bit sketchy. Even if they were just kicking around ideas, the Wii U itself wasn't released until the end of 2012, so it would have been hard to plan a game around completely unfinished technology.

My guess is that the "source" who started the rumor is taking educated guesses at where Zelda Wii U will go. The source has "accurately predicted" the Wii U's achievement system and its "social network" in the form of the Miiverse, but considering Nintendo's competitors have basically been there and done that, the source probably wasn't going too far out on a limb to make those predictions. At any rate, if development really started in 2010 and a 2014 release date is planned, we're right in the middle of that, and they should have plenty of materials to release developer quotes, pictures, and trailers. We've seen none of that, so I don't think they're that far along yet.

The rumors may be true, but I remain skeptical. I'll watch and wait before making any conclusions.

I am skeptical about giant dungeons. And if Majora's Mask snowhead took me 90 minutes to complete, jeez I will never be this game. Though interesting find.

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
Zelda WiiU: New Rumors

Over at Zelda Informer they recently received a tip from an anonymous source who claims to work at Nintendo. This person says they have some new information about Zelda project for the WiiU. The following are the rumors regarding the game:

-The game won't be revealed until E3 2013
-It won't be released until 2014 at the earliest
-The graphics will be that of Skyward Sword
-Nintendo of America prefers the motion controls to the Gamepad’s features and buttons
-Nintendo of Japan was surprised at the well-received romance between Link and Zelda and plans to make it a larger part of the story.
-Developers are weighing the pros and cons for Link speaking
-A well-known character from a past game will be returning, but not in the same role or form as the past

So, what do you guys think? Keep in mind that these are rumors and may or may not be true. Do you want to see the graphics from Skyward Sword return? And do you want to see Link and Zelda's romance take it to the next step? Do you want the motion controls from SS back, but improved? What do you think about Link speaking? And who do you think this well-known character from the past might be? Again, keep in mind that these are rumors.

Note: I found this info at Zelda Wiki

Last edited:
-Nintendo of Japan was surprised at the well-received romance between Link and Zelda and plans to make it a larger part of the story.

D: I really REALLY hope that doesn't happen.

As for the returning character... my first instinct is to guess Ganondorf, but I have no idea what another role for him could be.

Hrmm, I don't really know what to say about the rest of that. I'm okay with motion controls, though I'd like control pad controls as well... I sort of hope the thing about having the same graphics as SS isn't true as new is always better when it comes to the look of a Zelda game, I think.

I don't know about the graphics staying the same... I loved them for SS but to see them return for Nintendos first HD console? I don't know..

-Nintendo of America prefers the motion controls to the Gamepad’s features and buttons
-A well-known character from a past game will be returning, but not in the same role or form as the past

I've heard these rumour before and really i don't have any faith in them because theyr're so generic.

-2014 is everyone's 'safe' guess and Aonuma himself said he wanted ZeldaU done in three years.
-Graphics probably won't stay the same unless its a direct sequel which is highly unlikely. The TGS trailer had different graphics only because the finished version of SS was not in HD.
-Aonuma again said that ZeldaU would use the unused ideas they had for Skyward Sword which probably points to motion control in some form anyway.
-The love story is anyone's guess but I rather doubt it and predict that ZeldaU will be a much darker more action focused game, so a love story may not feature too heavily again, how knows.
-Voice action has been mentioned prior to every release since the Gamecube days and is nothing new, Nintendo will probably want Link to remain silent.
-A well known character... Nintendo recycle characters all the time. Its a very safe bet to say a familiar character will feature in the next Zelda.

All in all these predictions along with the first dungeon being as big as OoT's Hyrule field are all really 'safe' predictions to make and doesn't get us any further towards any kind of truth about the game itself. Had names been throw around or descriptions of new items, then it would have been a bit more believable but as it stands right now there really is nothing new to be gained from the above rumours.

Although I'd like the next game to use the SS TGC trailer graphics since we didn't get them in the finished version of SS.
I'd like Link and Zelda to have a romance which is more than just looking at each other and smiling.
I'd like Link to be a fully fleshed out character with a voice.
And I'd like to see a very integral character to come back, maybe the Hero of Time will eventually find Navi...

But saying it in all of the ways that I have said it just leads to a lot of unlikelihood since these are elements most Zelda fans have wanted for years.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I'm not going to take these at face value, but I will comment on them.

I would expect Zelda 3DS to be announced at this year's E3, so having Zelda Wii U announced as well would be kind of odd. Although I do remember them saying their goal was to release it in 2014.

Again, I remember them saying this was their goal, but knowing Nintendo, it'll probably wind up being 2015.

I remember this from a previous list of rumors, but it's one that makes me extremely skeptical. Aonuma initially said that they weren't going to use that art style, so this comes across as contradictory. It's possible he changed his mind, but Nintendo likes to experiment with different art styles to fit the different tones of each Zelda game, so I'm still going to remain skeptical.

Wouldn't be surprised. There's just a lot more freedom with the MotionPlus. I still do hope they use all three main controllers for Zelda Wii U, though.

Another reason for me to be skeptical. They've never once considered Link talking before, so why would they now? They know he's a proxy and that him talking would take that factor away. I seriously hope this isn't true.

In my own opinion I would like for Nintendo to make another Zelda game for the Wii with the same/better graphics as Skyward Sword. Lets be honest, the graphics were stunning and even though a lot of people didn't like the graphics or that the game didn't reach its full potential I think it was spectacular. As for the whole love interest thing I would like for them to at least make it a bigger part of the game. In a game sense I would like to see more Link and Zelda romance, but in reality if they kept getting together in each game it would be keeping it in the family. I honestly think that Link and Zelda may stay long time best friends, but their love interests differ. Zelda is royalty so her father would probably want her marrying a prince rather than a commoner (who happens to be a hero). Link would probably meet another girl, fall in love, and have kids while at the same time protecting Hyrule and the royal family. In my mind it makes sense. That's why Link and Zelda are always together, but not romantically.

As for the motion controls I did enjoy it, but at the same time I hated it because if you weren't close enough or have the remote pointed straight your movements would go all over the place and as the batteries deplete the movements become harder to control (at least for me it was). I would like for them to give us a new use for the motion control though. On to the number one topic of Link speaking I don't think I want him to speak because it is just something that makes Zelda unique. A lot of games these days have voice actors or even the option to pick what you want to say, but as for Zelda as the series evolves the continuation of Link being quiet just makes the game better. It leaves a lot of what he would say in certain situations up to the players imagination.

If I had any guess as to who the character from the past would be I would have to say either Navi, the Happy Mask Salesman, or Skullkid. My reasoning for each of them are the following:

Navi; had been with Link through the entire Ocarina of Time game, but for some reason she left as Link locked the Master Sword up. Why did she leave? It honestly made no sense to me. The Deku Tree was dead and she was Link's partner. The only other reason she would have to leave was to become an adviser for the baby Deku Tree because he's a tree so he can't move, clearly, but maybe she could be his messenger. Or you could look at it in a dark way and you know maybe it was just her time to go and she knew it so she went to the forest, but I don't think that was the case. I want to know why she left you and maybe she'll have this awesome story to tell us.

Happy Mask Salesman; He was a very mysterious character and I feel like they could use him in a lot more games. In Ocarina of Time he was just a mask salesman, but in Majora's Mask he managed to find a mask that had disappeared from this world, including the entire tribe, that could destroy the entire world. Clearly he has some sort of powers, but we never figured out what it was. I mean come on during the end he vanished in to thin air. I would really like to see more of him and maybe get the story on his past, who he is, and maybe even a little inkling of Ikana in the story as well.

Skullkid; Well first off her nearly got the land destroyed by an evil possessed mask that created a moon to wipe out the world. Now moving on I think Skullkid may have a return in the next game because the skullkids are very mysterious. We only learn they are their because they went in to the forest and became them. Nothing else was touched on them even though every other race were. I know a lot of people would say Midna because of the way Twilight Princess was left off and she may be in the next one, but I don't think they would bring her back since nothing else could really happen to Twili or her, but this is Zelda so I may be wrong. Back to Skullkid he was very interesting because he was the only one who would interact with you and somehow he managed to find his way in to Termina and got included in to the story that Anju's grandmother told you. I want to see more of him in the next game.

As for the villain I would have to say Ganondorf because in Skyward Sword Demise mentioned that as long as Link and Zelda live he will always be their to try and destroy them.

I'm basing all of this off of the possible rumors that you mentioned and I'm sorry if this is jumbled up or some of the stuff doesn't make sense, but I tried my hardest.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom