• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Movie in the Works

If Illumination was making Zelda as rumored, the voice of Link would most likely be Seth Rogan; much to the dismay of everyone.

As for the Voice Actor for Link, if I was doing the casting? Johnny Yong Bosch if we were making Link a bit more a goof in this story.
But if the movie called for a more serious yet youthful voice? Victor Joseph Mignogna.
And for a more stoic and soft spoken voice actor? Sam Witwer would easily pull off a character that speaks only when nessessary, plus if we need a scene where Link has some rage unleashed; well... we know that Sam has the vocals for it to come off as Link going full ham in a scene where the violence becomes personal.

But in all honesty, we all know what Link's voice actor would be, HANDS DOWN.
Morgan Freeman.
Obviously joking with the last one.
You know...Sam Witwer might be able to pull off a pretty good Ganondorf, now that you mention it.

RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyo
You know...Sam Witwer might be able to pull off a pretty good Ganondorf, now that you mention it.
Perhaps.

Still I think he could make for a pretty well spoken Link.
Like imagine his role in The Force Unleashed duology but reduce his angst level by 80% and make it so he isn't as prone to anger.
Have Link be the type of character who speaks only when necessary so we still get that "strong silent" archetype most of the time unless Link actually has something he deems worthy of saying.
But also have the story feature a Personal Interest for Link so that when he is lead to believe that the person who is his personal motivation in the story is dead, we get a scene where Link just gets MAD and goes full ham against the villain or his goons for a scene before reveling that his beloved one is not dead but just wounded.
Bonus points if they set up a sequel by having Dark Link be born from the hatred that Link had in that moment, in reference to Zelda II having Dark Link as the final boss.

Heck, have Sam be both like how in The Force Unleashed he was both the voice of Starkiller and Darth Sideous!
Add more bass to his voice with some slight modulation and have Sam speak in a more threatening and arrogant tone to be the voice of Ganondorf.

Ganondorf

"Dandori Issue"
There's been claims of a movie on & off for years now... is there any actual proof or just: "bro, just trust me"...?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
Illumination better keep their GRUBBY HANDS OFF OF THIS SACRED FRANCHISE!!!

We don't need Minions references and butt jokes littering the movie.
yeah because zelda is above that sort of thing right?
5dbb2bbefeb519926c4a7b39d6584ed27b8446dc_hq.jpg

1686366570012.jpeg
images

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
I did, but I'm not going to watch the video attached. I was asking if there is basically any other sources other than this & Twitter saying "it must be true" by this same article all day today.
there's basically no doubt that "they're talking about it"
that's not saying it's actually gonna happen tho (probably won't)

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I did, but I'm not going to watch the video attached. I was asking if there is basically any other sources other than this & Twitter saying "it must be true" by this same article all day today.
It's about as confirmed as it's always been, which is to say that it isn't. It's still just unconfirmed rumors floating around on the internet.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
As a wrestling fan, something that I feel has gone under the radar was a report that came around the time Wrestlemania was in Hollywood that said Cody Rhodes was in conversations for roles in a Mortal Kombat film and a Zelda movie. Nothing came from it as far as I know, but the guy is a massive Zelda fan and has referenced the series several times throughout his career. But Seth Rollins did just recently film for the new Captain America movie, so it does seem really likely WWE had some contact with on-going Hollywood projects and now with this, I think there's no doubt a Zelda movie is being made, especially after the success of the Mario movie.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
As a wrestling fan, something that I feel has gone under the radar was a report that came around the time Wrestlemania was in Hollywood that said Cody Rhodes was in conversations for roles in a Mortal Kombat film and a Zelda movie. Nothing came from it as far as I know, but the guy is a massive Zelda fan and has referenced the series several times throughout his career. But Seth Rollins did just recently film for the new Captain America movie, so it does seem really likely WWE had some contact with on-going Hollywood projects and now with this, I think there's no doubt a Zelda movie is being made, especially after the success of the Mario movie.
I think my biggest fear is that we'll see Zelda crammed into some 90 minute Illumination comedy schlock. Zelda is (allegedly) a series built on more serious storytelling. I think it'd benefit more from a mini-series than it would trying to cram a bunch of stuff into an hour and a half of references.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dio

RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyo
yeah because zelda is above that sort of thing right?

There is a difference between an occasional butt joke versus butt jokes being one of the biggest slices on the pie chart when showing the various types of jokes in a narrative.

Notice how you posted images from three separate games. Butt jokes are not the status quo in Zelda, just something they do once in a while.

Last edited:
If Illumination was making Zelda as rumored, the voice of Link would most likely be Seth Rogan; much to the dismay of everyone.

As for the Voice Actor for Link, if I was doing the casting? Johnny Yong Bosch if we were making Link a bit more a goof in this story.
But if the movie called for a more serious yet youthful voice? Victor Joseph Mignogna.
And for a more stoic and soft spoken voice actor? Sam Witwer would easily pull off a character that speaks only when nessessary, plus if we need a scene where Link has some rage unleashed; well... we know that Sam has the vocals for it to come off as Link going full ham in a scene where the violence becomes personal.

But in all honesty, we all know what Link's voice actor would be, HANDS DOWN.
Morgan Freeman.
Obviously joking with the last one.

These are all voice actors (one of whom has numerous allegations of sexual assault and harassment against him, of which a judge ruled in the victim's favour, and three attempts to appeal the decision were denied; whether you think he's guilty or not, the controversy cannot be ignored, since it would factor into the studio's decision to cast him), which, coming from the studio who cast Chris Pratt as the voice of Mario, I think we all know voice actors are less likely to be considered over movie star stunt casting.

Tom Holland is probably going to be the studio's top pick for Link, honestly.

Last edited:

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
These are all voice actors (one of whom has numerous allegations of sexual assault and harassment against him, of which a judge ruled in the victim's favour, and three attempts to appeal the decision were denied; controversy cannot be ignored, since it would factor into the studio's decision to cast him), which, coming from the studio who cast Chris Pratt as the voice of Mario, I think we all know are less likely to be considered over movie star stunt casting.

Tom Holland is probably going to be the studio's top pick for Link, honestly.
That definitely feel like the sort of casting that Nintendo would mandate. I'd rather that a hypothetical casting focus on skilled voice actors over recognizable hollywood faces. The last thing we need is Tom Holland playing Tom Holland but in Zelda.

That definitely feel like the sort of casting that Nintendo would mandate. I'd rather that a hypothetical casting focus on skilled voice actors over recognizable hollywood faces. The last thing we need is Tom Holland playing Tom Holland but in Zelda.

Are you kidding? Nintendo wanted Chris Pratt for Mario. That wasn't like a decision that Illumination put forth and Nintendo sheepishly shrugged and agreed to. Illumination only co-produced the new Mario film along with Nintendo's new film studio, they didn't simply license the property from Nintendo and ran wild with it. Nintendo had as much, if not even more a say in who to cast than Illumination did. And they picked Pratt.

Do you think they'll approach Zelda any differently? I don't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom