• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda MMORPG?

It seems a good idea. I too have thought of this. I would ceartianly love it. Although none of my friends are in to Zelda so I couldn't play it with them. But even if Nintendo didn't make one and made a Zelda game with "Drop in, Drop out" co op I would still be happy. :)

I'm not opposed to Co-op... Four Swords was fun. I just don't think that MMO is necessary for Zelda. Co-op might be cool though.

I like the idea of being able to do that. but the aspects of the Zelda games I like wouldnt' be transferred over well into a MMORPG Zelda isn't an RPG style game to beging with anyways. I feel that instead of a Good zelda quality game it would just be any average MMORPG just rooted in the Hyrule Universe. which in that case probably wouldn't be good as a quality of game and would only be bought by extreme fanboys that just get everthing zelda even if its crap.

TVTMaster

Guy What's Angry Now
It is a very interesting idea, though I think it might work better if it was a Fire Emblem MMORPG.

http://feto.feplanet.net/main
Ta-da!

That aside, a Zelda MMO wouldn't really work without a dedicated team to release new dungeons and updates, and that's not too likely given Nintendo's need to put the good teams on producing big-name titles with Miyamoto on staff.

N

nijbu

hmmm maybe not like a full mmo but like so it has like a 30 person limit per game/server/thing

P

Pyroco101

So what would it be about? There'd have to be a story given. Perhaps it could take place during one of the wars mentioned in the games.

It'd probably in the war timeline where the races have pieces of the triforce, and the war ensues.:clap:

Evenstevenp

The Zelda Master
An MMO called Graal was originally a Zelda MMO, but they got sued up the *** by Nintendo.

As for an official Nintendo MMO, yeah. That would be sweet.

E

Enraikou

this idea is very good, Nintendo could make a Zelda game the there is a option to play online with friends, exploring dungeons, discovering mysteries or make a internet game like Runescape, ragnarok, but about Zelda like it was said.

Austin

Austin
Eh. I know I would never play it because I haven't found a MMO that was truly enjoyable yet. Someone's always whining or begging or gloating, and I get bored of grinding after a while. However, even if I personally don't want it (along with plenty of other Zelda fans, I'm sure), it doesn't mean it shouldn't be made. If it makes money for Nintendo, it's clearly a good decision. My only issue would be that there'd probably be a delay in actual Zelda games if they put an MMO into development.

dumb180

Warrior Postman
I would love to see a Zelda MMORPG, but I guess my conception of it is pretty unique (and extremely unlikely).

I'm not terribly interested in the idea of mechanical rpg Zelda, with a leveling system, equipment, and the like. That's the sort of thing that creates hordes of heroes and turns Hyrule into.. something other than Hyrule. If Nintendo produced some sort of graphical Zelda roleplaying environment, I would love it from here to eternity.

"So... we're Gorons eh? Care to do some Goron stuff?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom