• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda MMORPG?

C

cpunerd96

It would probably be a kind of WoW format, where you can choose your race (Hylian, Zora, Goron, etc.) , choose your name, and all sorts of stuff, then play in any of the worlds of the Zelda games, which would be different servers. That's what I'd do, in any case.

I agree with this form of MMO. Although in WoW there is a story, I don't think that a Zelda MMO would realy require one.
When I had the thought to make a Zelda MMORPG, that was my idea.
And in reply to the last post by Zemen125 MMORPG's should never really have an ending.

Last edited by a moderator:

zeldusfanaticus

im the puppet master
maybe with a zelda MMO i wouldn't be just about killing the other guy but possibly a mirror of the way past. instead of going off to fight another your character could be a common worker and earn money, but sometimes your races king(the head honcho at a running zelda rpg HQ) would have fun and declare war on someone else. it make the game very in depth

otherwise, just like WoW just no monthly payments

C

cpunerd96

That kind of thing that zeldusfanaticus just said has always appealed to me.
Declaring war on another race and just fighting them.
Good idea!

A large scale war, especially one between races, would indeed be interesting. I think that it should be a war that goes though part of Hyrule's history, I think that would be interesting.

Welbanks

My mom says im cool...
I think a zelda MMORPG would just be well, one of the most terrible things that they could do with the series

C

cpunerd96

I'm half of the opinion that an MMO would be the worst thing to ever happen to the Zelda series. (except maybe the animated tv shows)
And half on the side of Making an MMO.

S

Steel Lover

here is what i would think is a good idea for this.

in the back story for WW, they say that ganondorf escaped his prison and attacked the land and the hero of time didnt show up to save them. because this happened, each race had to pick their best warriors (the warriors you play as in the game) and they all try to work together to save Hyrule.

i know you dont like the idea of the world being saved by a bunch of people isntead of one, thats why i chose the WW back story, because we KNOW that they dont defeat ganondorf.

at the end of the MMORPG, all the races will ultimately defeat ganondorf, but he will arise as ganon and they stand no chance, so the gods flood the entire land, but not before they pick a select few to go to hilltops to survive.

in the end, you wont win, and the ending will lead right into hundreds of years later in the time of WW.

They don't even need to make it a game were in the end you lose. There can simply be no 'final' boss in the game, suppose instead there was A> designated areas for Player vs. Player combat so those who enjoy adventure more will have fun and B. have each of the sidequests have their own objective but in all of them you never really attempt to face down Ganon, just his more powerful minons of foiling one of his designs to take over the world

They don't even need to make it a game were in the end you lose. There can simply be no 'final' boss in the game, suppose instead there was A> designated areas for Player vs. Player combat so those who enjoy adventure more will have fun and B. have each of the sidequests have their own objective but in all of them you never really attempt to face down Ganon, just his more powerful minons of foiling one of his designs to take over the world
I'd like that idea better, I don't think a MMORPG is quite suited for the kind of boss battles, albeit final bosses, Zelda has.
I also feel it would be better if the focus was as you said, more on sidequests and fighting other players.
I think that attacking different aspects of his plan to foil, rather directly attacking him himself, would be better for such style of game.

C

cpunerd96

I actually wouldn't even support sidequests.
I think that just an open world style MMO would be better.

C

Caleb, Of Asui

Chances are, if Nintendo released an official Zelda MMORPG, I'd play it. If it's a fan game, then that's highly unlikely that I would play it. Next to that, assuming again that it's an official game, who knows how they'd make it? It might be chronologically confusing if every player was Link, unless the back story involves a 10-Billion-Sword (like the Four Sword), then I might be able to live for that. I'm not exactly sure that number of distinctive colors exists, though. XD If Nintendo can figure out the absolutely, beyond the shadow of a doubt, correct way to do it, then I'm happy.:)

A

Alkarius

a Zelda MMO, huh? This could work out, but I cannot be sure if Nintendo would support this, and don't forget, it takes a long time to make stuff like this, but nevertheless, a Zelda MMO would be worth it in the end.

I'm really undecided about a Zelda MMO, but I think I'm leaning more towards "no".

The whole point of Zelda is that you (Link) are the last hope. You are the only one that can wield the Master Sword and take down Ganon. Like Kitsu said, the adventure feels very personal, with very little pressure to press on and complete it. This is one of the many reasons I like Zelda, and also why I dislike MMORPGs (you will always feel like you have to keep up and get new armour, weapons, etc.). And it just doesn't feel like the kind of game that would work as an MMO.

However, if they were to do something like this, I would check it out, if only out of sheer curiousity. I agree with both Zemen125 and zeldusfanaticus on setting the game either during the time between OoT and WW or in the time of the Civil War, since they were the "Dark Times" in Hyrule when there was no hero. There should obviously be a choice between races. As for the gameplay, it should have a heavier emphasis on puzzle-solving, as well as combat and exploration.

C

cpunerd96

I'm ashamed of not thinking of that personal quality that makes the Zelda games great.
but I still would like a Zelda MMORPG.

T

Typhingblade

?

wasnt that just an add on to halo for your computer...
just that the palletes were changed and same with the weapons and the ways of transport

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom