• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda FPS?

Megamannt125

Blue Link
Well the other day I got the Wii Zapper and Link's Crossbow training, and I thought the parts where you walk around and shoot the crossbow were alot of fun, it was like Metroid Prime but with Zelda, I think Nintendo could do so much more with this. Does anyone think a Zelda FPS would be fun?

General Lee

Classic Gamer
I don't think it would be that great, because if you ask me, I didn't really like links crossbow training too much, and it would ruin what most people would think of when they say "Zelda". As Axle mentioned, its a spinoff. And really if you ask me it would be kinda corny :P

I've always liked the 'adventure feel' of Zelda, moreover being able to explore (relatively) large areas and things of that nature. I've also enjoyed the third-person combat- I like the ability to be able to see where I'm jumping when I'm back-flipping, or get a better feel for my surroundings when fighting large bosses.
I've played several FPS, and I do like them- I've rather enjoyed some, however I can't imagine that style being compatible with a Zelda game, even a spin-off. However, I wouldn't mind it too much for an individual mini-game.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Well the other day I got the Wii Zapper and Link's Crossbow training, and I thought the parts where you walk around and shoot the crossbow were alot of fun, it was like Metroid Prime but with Zelda, I think Nintendo could do so much more with this. Does anyone think a Zelda FPS would be fun?

First of All: METROID PRIME IS NOT A SHOOTER!It is a First person Adventure, or FPA, for Short. Halo is a FPS.

Second, the idea of Zelda FPS sounds terrible to me...
Link's Crossbow training is ok cause it is a spin off, but a main game/canon game as a shooter would totally ruin Zelda

Megamannt125

Blue Link
First of All: METROID PRIME IS NOT A SHOOTER!It is a First person Adventure, or FPA, for Short. Halo is a FPS.

Second, the idea of Zelda FPS sounds terrible to me...
Link's Crossbow training is ok cause it is a spin off, but a main game/canon game as a shooter would totally ruin Zelda

You do know what a FPS is right?
A shooting game in first person view, and even though metroid prime has an adventure element to it, which ever way you look at it, it's a FPS.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I never really liked playing in First Person, because I enjoyed seeing my character, but the over-the-shoulder view in Link's Crossbow training was ok. I would like to see a mini-series spun off from Link's Crossbow training, because I thought it was a great collection of mini-games, but I wouldn't want to see a FPS Zelda take over from a real Zelda game.

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
A Legend of Zelda first person shooter. Hmm... let me think about that one.... Link has a gun. Link shoots at soldiers that are opposing his resistance to save Hyrule. Um..... NO. What would possess you to come up with an idea like this in the first place?

You do know what a FPS is right?
A shooting game in first person view, and even though metroid prime has an adventure element to it, which ever way you look at it, it's a FPS.

The people who made Metroid Prime have said in the past that it's not a FPS.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
The people who made Metroid Prime have said in the past that it's not a FPS.

That´s new information for me but I have no reason to doubt the statement.

I would never want a Zelda FPS, that´s one of the few things that could actually ruin everything. Even if the Metroid Prime games are not "true" FPS´s you hardly ever see Samus in the games and that is the ultimate reason to why I never liked them. If the same thing would happen to Zeldas/Link I would stop playing Zelda, and there is no way I will change my opinion!

Hylian Hobbit

Delightfully Delicious ;P
If it was a spin-off and nothing more, I think it'd be interesting to see what they could do. As long as it still stayed somewhat Zelda-ish, and they added more items stuff to do. I haven't played Link's Crossbow Training, so I don't know if it's any good. It looks fun, so I've been wanting to try it out.

But only if it was a spin-off, and didn't get in the way of the progress of the next real Zelda. As long as the real games stay true to what Zelda should be like, then I don't really care what they do with spin-offs. As a matter of fact,, if it was a spin-off, I wouldn't really care if they made a futuristic game. That's right, with guns, air crafts, etc. Now don't burn me at the stake for saying that. I'd never want that to happen to the real Zelda games, since it would ruin the series. But like I said, I don't really care what Nintendo does with spin-offs.

So yes, if was a spin-off, I wouldn't care if it was an FPS, FPA, or whatever the heck you want to call it.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
That´s new information for me but I have no reason to doubt the statement.

They've stated in the past that it's a First Person Adventure, and were specific to say that it wasn't a shooter since it had focus on exploring and platforming. I really would have preferring 3rd person, but that's a discussion for another time (and another forum, I suppose!) :)

I've always liked the 'adventure feel' of Zelda, moreover being able to explore (relatively) large areas and things of that nature. I've also enjoyed the third-person combat- I like the ability to be able to see where I'm jumping when I'm back-flipping, or get a better feel for my surroundings when fighting large bosses.

Which would be almost eliminated in an FPS.

This is why I think also its a bad idea

it would be interesting to see the spin attack if it was an FPS

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom