• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Zelda Headcanons

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I'd say the links who've defeated Ganon with the entire triforce in his possession are the strongest........but

Unfortunately, the Triforce doesn't seem to do anything. Whenever Link or someone else has it, it's just "woo, look how powerful they are now" while they continue doing exactly what they were doing before.

Reactions: Dio

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Unfortunately, the Triforce doesn't seem to do anything. Whenever Link or someone else has it, it's just "woo, look how powerful they are now" while they continue doing exactly what they were doing before.

I mean, it grants wishes, and each piece supposedly boosts the specific trait it represents.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
I've never been sure if Ilia loved Link or Epona more.

And in TWW, I think that Tetra doesn't remember being Zelda. Zelda remembers Tetra, but afterwards Tetra just thinks that she and Link got thrown out the window of the Forsaken Fortress and Valoo or somebody killed Ganondorf.

Last edited:
  • The Hero of Time was never romantically interested in Princess Zelda. He deeply cared for her, but their relationship remained platonic throughout both of their lives.
  • After several years (in the Child Timeline) searching fruitlessly for Navi, he returned to Hyrule as an adult. He and Malon fell in love, married, and moved to the Ordona Province where they helped found Ordon village.
  • Although he had mostly settled down as a rancher with Malon, Link found himself wandering from time to time. He came to serve the Hylian army at various points, but he was never remembered as the savior he was, and eventually fell in battle. He made his way to the Lost Woods, dying alone, lost among the trees he once called home. Filled with regret, his spirit became trapped in the mortal world as the Hero's Shade, destined to pass on his skills to his descendant when Ganondorf rose once more against the Kingdom of Hyrule.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
  • The Hero of Time was never romantically interested in Princess Zelda. He deeply cared for her, but their relationship remained platonic throughout both of their lives.

Honestly, that makes more sense for most of the Link and Zelda pairings than anything romantic. How many of them actually spend any meaningful time together?

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Honestly, that makes more sense for most of the Link and Zelda pairings than anything romantic. How many of them actually spend any meaningful time together?
I actually agree with you. In TP, Zelda doesn't even meet Link until the very end of the game. In TWW, Zelda is barely in it. (I don't think Link x Tetra counts as Zelink.) I'm still early in OoT, but I'm getting vibes of a very close, yet still platonic, relationship.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I actually agree with you. In TP, Zelda doesn't even meet Link until the very end of the game. In TWW, Zelda is barely in it. (I don't think Link x Tetra counts as Zelink.) I'm still early in OoT, but I'm getting vibes of a very close, yet still platonic, relationship.

(Unfortunately, them vibes be misplaced. Link and Zelda barely interact before she's rudely ejected from the story.)

Gorozoron

wild ride
CDI Link's voice is a voice cursed on all links and the links don't talk because they know they have the voice and know that LOZ link after he saved the day spoke and became a clown to the people which is the link we see in the cdi games and that's why link doesn't talk

1. (from before Wind Waker and Breath of the Wild) The Bird People in Zelda II, as well as some of the items in that game, were Chozo or Chozo tech.
2. Malon (adult) watches Link from her bedroom window as he rides around Hyrule.
3. That MatPat flat out ignores evidence so that he can make drastic claims about the Zelda universe to pump up his numbers.
4. That there are two types of monsters in Ganon/dorf's armies, "Ganonspawn" and regular creatures that have simply been pressed into service (and not just talking about Twilight Princess).
5. Somewhat connected to #4, that Miniblins and Bokoblins already existed, and that Moblins are a purposefully corrupted breed, like the Uruk-hai.
6. That the original Ordon opening of Twilight Princess is actually one of the better openings in the series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom