• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Zelda Headcanons

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Marin (in seagull form) always stayed near Link after Koholint disappeared. Although she couldn‘t be with Link in person, she could watch him and be close to him as much as possible given her situation.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
Gulley from ALBW grows up to become the Link we see in ALTTP. He's already got the goddesses on his side, he looks like him (minus the pink hair), and his dad has black hair a lot like ALTTP Link's uncle. It's possible that at some point in the future Gulley's parents died and he took on the name of the hero thta had helped him so many years before.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Gulley from ALBW grows up to become the Link we see in ALTTP. He's already got the goddesses on his side, he looks like him (minus the pink hair), and his dad has black hair a lot like ALTTP Link's uncle. It's possible that at some point in the future Gulley's parents died and he took on the name of the hero thta had helped him so many years before.
You do realize that LBW takes place after LttP right? Not before.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
LBW was always framed as a sequel to past, there's even murals that reference link to the past

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
Like that means it can't be canon you know
Then it’s not a head canon, it’s just something you made up
"The timeline can be interpreted in a number of ways, and may change depending on new discoveries that have come to light and on the players' imagination." -Official Canon Timeline
I think you guys are failing to read the actual thread title, here. Sure my Gulley thing doesn't make much sense considering the timeline. That's why it's a head canon, and not a theory. For theories, I always make sure to use the ZE version of the timeline. However, I do not personally prefer that version, and have a headcanon version I personally follow. Take this for example,
Toon link came back to outset island at some point, b/c I find it incredibly hard to believe that a 12 year old boy who clearly cares for his family would leave forever, don't know if his grandma was around still but he'd at least see aryll again
I like this headcanon. But, one could say it's something that's just "made up". In fact, one could say it contradicts the timeline since we know phantom hourglass take place directly afterwards. That's why it's a headcanon, not a fact or theory. I believe that ALttP takes place after ALBW, and I belive that Gulley grew up to be the Link we see there. I know it can't be canon, and I'm not trying to say that it is.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
I like this headcanon. But, one could say it's something that's just "made up". In fact, one could say it contradicts the timeline since we know phantom hourglass take place directly afterwards. That's why it's a headcanon, not a fact or theory. I believe that ALttP takes place after ALBW, and I belive that Gulley grew up to be the Link we see there. I know it can't be canon, and I'm not trying to say that it is.
I mean, it sorta doesn't b/c I didn't say he came back immediately after, he could've came back when he was 17 or 25 or whenever, after discovering new hyrule, and all the timeline stuff would still be unaffected

I think there's a difference b/w hypothesizing what characters or events happened before, during, or after their games, and saying something like my headcanon is that majora's mask is a sequel to spirit tracks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom