• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Favorite Pokemon Game

What is your favorite Pokemon game?

• Pokemon Red/Blue/Green

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Pokemon Yellow

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pokemon Gold/Silver

• Pokemon Crystal

• Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire

• Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green

• Pokemon Emerald

• Pokemon Diamond/Pearl

• Pokemon Platinum

• Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver

• Pokemon Black and White

• Pokemon Stadium

• Pokemon Stadium 2

• Pokemon Colosseum

• Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness

• Pokemon Battle Revolution

• Other

• Pokemon Black 2 and White 2

• Pokemon X and Y

• Total voters
J

JohnLaurinaitis

People Power says, Pokemon Crystal, it was one of the first games I had, and it was very fun since you could get 16 badges, travel to two regions,and had lots and lots of bosses.

Pokemon Snap! I loved that game, clever puzzles, good challenge, awesome levels, just a shame that they didn't put all of the pokemon in it. It needs to come back for the wiiU, imagine the panoramic view, 600+ pokemon, a lot more levels, camera upgrades, online play... it'd be a brilliant game.

For the mainline games, the last game a i played was pokemon gold, and Gold was an impovement on Yellow and Red, the two that i played before it. So i'll go with Gold as my favourite.

I admit I can't exactly make an informed decision, since the only pokemon games that I've beaten are Emerald, Leaf Green, and Yellow, but I voted for Fire Red/Leaf Green. This is simply because the first two generation of pokemon are my favorite. The third generation began to lose its creativity, in my opinion, but I was still able to enjoy it.

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
Come on people Yellow is by far the best Pokemon game ever, you get to live in the shoes of Ash Ketchum getting a Pickachu and realzing that you have to go out and get pokemon besides Pickachu to beat Brock, then you get to eventuly gain all three starters, its by far the funnest and best Pokemon game invented to date.

J

Jacki98

I think I have to say Emerald is my favorite, I absolutely love everything about it, although Yellow is a very close second. Its a terrific game.

I think that the orig Godl and Silver where the best because no other pokemon game did what they pinoeered they just copied it.
Day night
held items
berries
100 new pokemon
breeding
new types (come on nintendo give us new ones not jsut new combos)
the only pokemon game that had 16 gyms
first game to seperate gear
first game with shiny
you could have your mom save you money

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
This is a hard one:S. Well i'd have to say Yellow. I got it from my older brothers friend after he traded my Red version for it. In the end it was a good trade more so for me!

I would say Pokémon Silver and Pokémon Soul Silver because it's the generation i had most fun with (battling, trading and almost completed my pokédex with 234 pokémon caught). I love Silver and Gold because it fixes a lot of gameplay issues the first generation have (i.e battle system, better sprites, experince bar,...) and it lets you return to Kanto.
And I love Soul Silver and Heart Gold because they have the battle mechanic of the 4 th Gen, and they add even more new features to the 2nd Gen and makes it even more enjoyable. ^^

But that might change, because i might buy Black 2/ White 2 and i've heard by many people that those two are great and give fresh air to the franchise.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
My favorite Pokémon game is Pokémon Sapphire. That game grabbed my total attention. It was very enjoyable for any Pokémon gamer. The Pokémon, music, battles, characters, towns and cities, etc are very exciting. I give my vote to this Pokémon game.

Lamphobic

The Brony
Has to be Pokemon Crystal. It was the only game in that generation that I had and the only generation that I never beat a game of. TO this day regret it so that has to be my favorite. It's the one i most want to go back and play.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
I put down Emerald, because it was my first Pokemon game I ever played, I replay it all the time either on my GBA slot in my DS or on my emulator, and because it offers some pretty challenging post-game content that I still haven't beaten yet.

But on a more objective basis, it's more like a 3-way tie between Emerald, SoulSilver and Black 2.

Emerald has a huge nostalgia factor for me and I really like the designs of the Gen 3 Pokemon, second only to the first generation, plus Team Aqua and Magma were just hilarious to watch fighting each other; but it's not the most balanced game out there, I mean half of the region is water (fitting for the theme of the game, but still a pain in the *** to travel on).

SoulSilver is really nice in that you can travel in both Johto and Kanto, you can fight all the gym leaders whenever you want, but Team Rocket is even more pathetic here than usual, and it's really not all that hard, the most challenging region doesn't even have Pokemon above level 50 for cryin' out loud.

Black 2 has some issues. I really don't care for a large portion of the new Pokemon, and I can definitely see a decline in the designs as of late. I also really don't like how the game just blocks off the path to 3 whole regions, I mean I get that they want you to explore the regions after you beat the Champion but some of the methods they use to do so are pretty freakin' stupid. "We're all gonna dance here and block your path, and we don't know when we'll stop." Seriously GameFreak?! But on the other hand... I'm really enjoying my playthrough of it. It's much more challenging than what I'm used to, the wild Pokemon are higher leveled and the trainers are smarter in how they fight. While I may not care for a lot of the aesthetic designs, the strategy has definitely improved, and the new type combinations are really cool (electric bugs, golems, and ice dragons? Awesome!) While I haven't delved into the PWT that much yet, once I beat the Champion that's pretty much all I'm gonna be doing.
And I'm just gonna say it now, Team Plasma is my new favorite villain. They have far more of an impact on the world and the people in it than past villains; even 2 years after they disbanded the effects of their actions are still felt. I personally like Colress because he's a scientist through and through, making all of his decisions based on what would bring out the potential of Pokemon in the most efficient manner, appealing to my engineering instincts (also he kicked my butt when I faced off against him, anybody who can do that to me gets respect from me). And Ghetsis... oh man, Ghetsis is a monster. I don't even need to go into why that is, also I don't want to spoil it for anybody out there who hasn't gotten to THAT part.

So yeah, tie between those three.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom