• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Would You Like More Romance in Future Titles of The Legend of Zelda?

Do you want more romance in the LoZ franchise between Link and Zelda?

• Yes, it's about time!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, leave it undecided

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
I'm gonna say yes, if it's done right. The series has matured over the years, and SS showed that it's ready to take on more mature matter like this. I don't necessarily want it done the same way that SS did though, having Link chase after Zelda throughout the game (What I'm saying is, I loved how SS did it, but I don't want a future game just aping off the same idea).

As to how it'll work, I'm not quite sure. I'd say use a similar system to how Mass Effect does it, but I really don't like the notion of Link "getting" the girl as a "reward", like how Com. Shephard does with his ladies. Like he's just checking off a list of the ladies he's bagged. Disgusting.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
As to how it'll work, I'm not quite sure. I'd say use a similar system to how Mass Effect does it, but I really don't like the notion of Link "getting" the girl as a "reward", like how Com. Shephard does with his ladies. Like he's just checking off a list of the ladies he's bagged. Disgusting.
Wow that's really how things work in that game?

I agree, Link has too much dignity for that. Actually I would prefer not to have a Mass Effect system, from what I've heard, you have options of what to say, and one option leads to hanky panky. Such a system won't work in Zelda at all. It would be better more like the way SS did it, where he bonds with the girl over the course of the story or already has a strong bond with her.

Wow that's really how things work in that game?

Ehh, kinda. My initial problem with Mass Effect's love (as in when I first played the 1st game) was that it was only dialogue-based, with the actions being more of a backdrop. Starting with the 2nd one+, it's all just been about sex. There's not even a real romance aspect anymore. I mean, take Tali for example. She's a character everyone truly loves, but not many gamers would romance her after ME2 b/c they found out she doesn't really have a good sex scene(s).

But that is WAY OFF TOPIC. You can PM me if you want more information on the issue. Please admins don't bonk me for this :(

The reason I'm posting again is b/c of something I saw: Mangachick14's signature. I mean, I know I am new to LoZ games, but seeing that picture of Zelda on top of Link just sent through me this powerful emotion. I mean, you would have to PM me to know the whole story, but I can basically describe it with 2 words: Eternal Happiness.

I mean, that picture, to me, is what love/romance should be about, especially for Legend of Zelda games. I don't know why, but it just perfectly captures my vision of how things should be. I promise you there is no lust-basis for this comment.

If only Shigeru Myamoto could see that picture and feel the same emotions I felt too. I literally almost cried seeing that. Thank you Mangachick14 for that beautiful work of art.

I 100% support more romance in Zelda if it follows the ideas advocated by that picture.

I'm not a big fan of romance, especially in video games. It often comes off unrealistic and over-sentimental tripe. Zelda has done fine keeping it ambiguous and I don't wish to change that aspect.

Dragoncat

The reason I'm posting again is b/c of something I saw: Mangachick14's signature. I mean, I know I am new to LoZ games, but seeing that picture of Zelda on top of Link just sent through me this powerful emotion. I mean, you would have to PM me to know the whole story, but I can basically describe it with 2 words: Eternal Happiness.

I mean, that picture, to me, is what love/romance should be about, especially for Legend of Zelda games. I don't know why, but it just perfectly captures my vision of how things should be. I promise you there is no lust-basis for this comment.

If only Shigeru Myamoto could see that picture and feel the same emotions I felt too. I literally almost cried seeing that. Thank you Mangachick14 for that beautiful work of art.

I 100% support more romance in Zelda if it follows the ideas advocated by that picture.
Yeah, that is a cute pic. It's romantic without being fanservice...

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
As if my sig didn't already say this for me... but absolutely! Nothing too... ahem, mature. No hanky-panky, I mean. Just... too weird. But you know, a hug or kiss or something would be kinda nice. I certainly have no problem with nintendo expanding what they did in SS; in fact the relationship between Link and Zelda in that game was one of the aspects I really liked right off the bat.

Maybe allow the player to choose though? I know not everyone likes romance, so if you let the player decide whether they actually want it or not, then everyone should be happy. It doesn't necessarily have to be like Mass Effect. More along the lines of SS, where the things you choose to say can change some of the dialogue, but not the entire story.

Either way, I'd be game for more romance. :)

Dragoncat

Like I said, the hanky panky can be offscreen after the end of the story xD And also like I said, I would love to see a fast forward showing Link's kids. It would be daawww worthy, and confirm that he got some, without having to have a scene that would take away the series' family friendly nature.

*pats OCs Fletcher and Kestrel* These two starts to the Hyrule royal bloodline were some of the first to be born(and conceived) on the surface in the new era ^_^ The chosen ones they know as parents obviously had an interest in each other throughout SS, and it took them about a year after the game to start getting busy.

Maybe allow the player to choose though? I know not everyone likes romance, so if you let the player decide whether they actually want it or not, then everyone should be happy. It doesn't necessarily have to be like Mass Effect. More along the lines of SS, where the things you choose to say can change some of the dialogue, but not the entire story.

Either way, I'd be game for more romance. :)

With the Wii U's power, I definitely could see Nintendo implementing more complex programs into the Zelda franchise. I personally liked the choice dialogue in SS b/c it allowed you to input some of your own character into Link.

Like I said, the hanky panky can be offscreen after the end of the story xD And also like I said, I would love to see a fast forward showing Link's kids. It would be daawww worthy, and confirm that he got some, without having to have a scene that would take away the series' family friendly nature.

*pats OCs Fletcher and Kestrel* These two starts to the Hyrule royal bloodline were some of the first to be born(and conceived) on the surface in the new era ^_^ The chosen ones they know as parents obviously had an interest in each other throughout SS, and it took them about a year after the game to start getting busy.

Since Legend of Zelda relies heavily on this idea of reincarnation, I do not think it would be wise to give Link and Zelda kids. If the descendants of the Hero of Time meet the new Link and Zelda, would not that seem a tadbit weird?

And I believe LoZ lost its family-friendly nature with Majora's Mask xD.

Dragoncat

Since Legend of Zelda relies heavily on this idea of reincarnation, I do not think it would be wise to give Link and Zelda kids. If the descendants of the Hero of Time meet the new Link and Zelda, would not that seem a tadbit weird?

And I believe LoZ lost its family-friendly nature with Majora's Mask xD.
We know that all the Zeldas are a bloodline, and that has to start somewhere...I personally think the Links are mostly on a bloodline too, with the exception of the downfall timeline. It works like this: SS Link and Zelda have two kids. Their first born is the ancestor of all the future Zeldas, and their second is the ancestor of the future Links. By the time of say, OoT, the genes are diluted enough that they're not direct relatives.

In the downfall timeline, where Link dies before he can have a kid, he is reincarnated. And after that, the blood relation of the heroes continues.

As for being weird, well, it wouldn't really matter. Time goes on, and the legends fade...the Links and Zeldas don't know much about their famous ancestors who came from the sky to battle a demon king. So if a random person has another grandchild of SS Link and Zelda as an ancestor, how would they know? They don't have ancestry.com in Hyrule. If they don't know, no awkwardness.

But to each their own. I like my theory/speculation/whatever, but yeah...

And yeah, MM and OoT had some creepy parts that would scare the crap out of little kids. But they were still rated E. And they had no sex scenes. That's what I was getting at.

We know that all the Zeldas are a bloodline, and that has to start somewhere...I personally think the Links are mostly on a bloodline too, with the exception of the downfall timeline. It works like this: SS Link and Zelda have two kids. Their first born is the ancestor of all the future Zeldas, and their second is the ancestor of the future Links. By the time of say, OoT, the genes are diluted enough that they're not direct relatives.

In the downfall timeline, where Link dies before he can have a kid, he is reincarnated. And after that, the blood relation of the heroes continues.

As for being weird, well, it wouldn't really matter. Time goes on, and the legends fade...the Links and Zeldas don't know much about their famous ancestors who came from the sky to battle a demon king. So if a random person has another grandchild of SS Link and Zelda as an ancestor, how would they know? They don't have ancestry.com in Hyrule. If they don't know, no awkwardness.

Alright, you've crafted a well-enough argument, so I will bite. I still personally believe kids should be in a spin-off separate from the main continuity, but to each their own.

And yeah, MM and OoT had some creepy parts that would scare the crap out of little kids. But they were still rated E. And they had no sex scenes. That's what I was getting at.

Haha, since when has society placed sex before death in the maturity section xD.

I get what you are saying, though I should point out TP was rated T and SS E10, so maybe they are transitioning to a more mature setting now. Still, I really doubt sex will ever be in the LoZ franchise, whether implied or not o_O

Dragoncat

Haha, since when has society placed sex before death in the maturity section xD.

I get what you are saying, though I should point out TP was rated T and SS E10, so maybe they are transitioning to a more mature setting now. Still, I really doubt sex will ever be in the LoZ franchise, whether implied or not o_O
I have no clue...I guess since kids play war games almost since they know how to walk and talk, but knowing where they really came from comes later...

The higher ratings of TP and SS? The ESRB evolved. Note that when OoT was released again for the 3ds, they rated it E10. The E10 rating didn't exist when it first came out.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
As far as I'm concerned, romance does not equal sex but a baby could come out of it anyway. It'd be cool if Link had kids and also had the duty to fight to protect his homeland and the world. Death could be part of this heightened romance...

...but on that topic, romance does not have to involve Link either! Kinda weird. :3

Well they Played around with this with the Item Check Lady in SS she called you darling. I think if done right it would work. Like the situation I just mentioned it would be nice if the ACTIONS that you did in the game would affect how the people address you. But nothing to drastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom