• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Worst Movie Sequels

LinkOwnsYou

LINK MAH BOI!!!
-The Mummy: Tomb ofthe Dragon Emperor: pfffttt that one was HORRIBLE!!! 1st-They change O'cconel's wife 2nd-They put that good-for-nothing son in the movie 3rd.It had a lot of sexual content compared to the other two.

-The Exorcist 2: Gosh that THING was horrible!!

-Shrek 3: In my opinion was REALLY boring.

oh yeah and MK 2 :anihilation: I almost faint of how bad that sequel is

Last edited:

MOS3

Agent Of Chaos
Well, being a Star Wars geek I can't say the prequels since I actually like them. I can see people not liking Episodes I & II but I absolutely love episode III. I'd say all disney sequels (except for maybe...Lion King 3...taht one was very funny lol), Superman IV, Superman Returns (kinda, mostly because of the time facts screw ups...aka...superman's son...wtf) Batman Forever, Batman & Robin (oh god why...), Shrek 3, MK: Annihilation, Matrix Sequels, Spiderman 3, Catwoman (well, not technically a sequel, more of a spin-off from the Batman franchise)

Mike Pothier

Lord Shaper
The Matrix Revolutions. Reloaded wasn't bad, it just didn't the "WOW, I've never seen that before!" that the first Matrix had. But how are they going to solve the cliff hanger of Reloaded and end the War with the Machines?

Neo: Hey, can you stop this war?

Machines: Okay.

*Neo uses kung fu in air, dies*

There, I summed up the entire movie. Never have I been so let down.

Hylian Hobbit

Delightfully Delicious ;P
I actually didn't care for Pirates 2 and 3. The first one was awesome, and I can watch it over and over again without getting tired of it. PotC 2 was okay, and I still enjoy watching it. But 3 was only good the first time around. I laughed like crazy in the theatre when I first saw it, but the next time I watched it, it didn't seem like anything special.

I liked all the Star Wars movies, including the prequels. Not the best movies ever, but they were okay.

Disney sequels ftw. Like Amelie mentioned, Inspector Gadget 2 was... Poo. Only a few disney sequels are actually worth watching.

The Mummy 3 was a bit of a let down too.

I've got a list of crappy sequels in my brain somewhere, but I don't have the time to fish through it right now...

I actually didn't care for Pirates 2 and 3. The first one was awesome, and I can watch it over and over again without getting tired of it. PotC 2 was okay, and I still enjoy watching it. But 3 was only good the first time around. I laughed like crazy in the theatre when I first saw it, but the next time I watched it, it didn't seem like anything special.

I was the complete opposite actually. I thought the first and second movies were okay, but nothing special. Whan I watched 3 for the first time, I loved it, and I still like it to this day.

Disney sequels? Yeah, they're almost always horrible the Little Mermaid 2, Aladdin 2, Mulan 2, the list goes on and on, but they were never as good as the first ones.

Firstly, Scooby Doo 2 was crap compared to the first one, Was not as funny or anything like the first one and Secondly Disaster Movie was not as funny either.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Notice how the original Disney films (Mainly the old ones and the Disney Renaissance) are very original. When compared to their "sequels" that were made a good 5-15 years later, the sequels lack a significant plot (With the exception of Pirates of the Caribbean) and are pretty much just repeating a lot of the plot. Sometimes, such as Little Mermaid 2 (Please don't ask, I was very young), all they did was just twist the plot. Cinderella's sequel had nothing to do with the original plot. Face it, Disney sucks at sequels.

I have to agree that Diseny Sequals are crap... I saw Pirates as one big movie in 3 parts like back to the furture. Tmnt 3 is bad. Star Wars ep 1 sucks and me and my friend ryan hated ep 2 but 3 on part with 4 5 and 6. All of the Matix sequals were bad and kinda ruined it. Jurassic park 3 was pretty sucky... however that whole series is goofy anyway. Spiddy 3 sucked because the dicurtor hated venom...

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
I am quite surprised no one has mentioned Scream yet, weren´t there a bunch of them? Me myself didn´t even like the first. And we shall not forget the halloween movies and the friday the 13th (are they called so in english?). We also have the shark movies etc. I guess the only sequel that was better then the first is Godfather 2, awesome movie and a good exception of the rule that sequels must be worse.

chrisbg99

OBEY THE FIST!
I am quite surprised no one has mentioned Scream yet, weren´t there a bunch of them? Me myself didn´t even like the first. And we shall not forget the halloween movies and the friday the 13th (are they called so in english?). We also have the shark movies etc. I guess the only sequel that was better then the first is Godfather 2, awesome movie and a good exception of the rule that sequels must be worse.

There are plenty of exceptions to that rule:

Terminator 2
The Empire Strikes Back
The Dark Knight
X2: X-Men United
Spider-Man 2

Those are some and I'm sure other people could give some more and opinions are always different.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
There are plenty of exceptions to that rule:

Terminator 2
The Empire Strikes Back
The Dark Knight
X2: X-Men United
Spider-Man 2

Those are some and I'm sure other people could give some more and opinions are always different.

I guess I should said that to my knowledge only one sequel is better then the prequel, would be more clear :) And I guess if I thought about it I could come up with some more myself! I never watched The Lord of the Rings series but wasn´t the second movie better then first in many peoples opinions? (I really need to see those movies!)

I guess you had a good point, it is all about opinions :)

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
I never watched The Lord of the Rings series but wasn´t the second movie better then first in many peoples opinions? (I really need to see those movies!)

I think each of the three movies was better than its predecessor. All 3 of them were very well done, though. You definitely do need to see them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom