• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Worst Movie Sequels

M

Myungster

I've seen The Butterfly effect and I loved it!

Apparently The Butterfly Effect 2 was crap.
I've seen some trailers.

Bleh.

Z

zeldafan999

my biggest let down for sequels is the pirates of the carribeen 2 and 3. the first was ok and you can understand it but the 2 and 3 i just got lost and didn't understand any of these two movies

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
All disney movies excluding pirates (which is one of my favorites) Spiderman 3 was just messed up! I definately agree about the Star Wars prequels weren't that great. Jurassic Park 2, they took 20 pages of the book and and made it into a movie.

O

OniLink

matrix 2&3 was disappointing
they made it too complicated and left alot of plot holes

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
matrix 2&3 was disappointing
they made it too complicated and left alot of plot holes

Yeah I agree. I loved the first Matrix. Matrix Reloaded had a few good action scenes, but it felt to me like the writers were reaching with the story for the sake of turning it into a trilogy. And Revolutions was just .. I dunno lol. I couldn't even stomach watching it more than once. .. it was a struggle to make it through the first time.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
I guess I'm one of the few who actually enjoyed Spider-Man 3.
A lot of people will disagree with me, but I felt really let down from Iron Man 2. Don't get me wrong IT WAS NOT A BAD MOVIE. In fact it was a really good movie, but it had a lot less Iron Man, and a lot more Tony Stark than I wanted. It was hyped up to have action action ACTION! So when I went to see it, I thought I would be getting mostly action. Instead I got a good mix of action and drama. Like I said, it was not a bad movie, but because I was expecting something else, it felt like a let down.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Hmmm this is a tough one. If you had asked me about prequels I would have said Star wars 1.2 and 3. They were horrible compared to the original trilogy. But this is about sequels. So maybe Matrix 2 and 3?

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
Definitely Pirates of the Caribbean, both 2 and 3. They were just terrible, the first one made me expect too much! It was awesome!

Nye Pendragon

derparific
(I know I already posted, bear with me!)

A few others I felt worth mentioning are the second and third Pirates of the Carribean movies.
Okay, so the first one was awesome. Great characters, good action scenes, witty humour...
The last two made me want to take a brick and repeatedly beat it apon my head.

The plot in these are the main problem. They make NO sense, they have NO point, and they're just RIDICULOUS.
Seriously? The ending for the third one? So dissapointing. The plot twists were dumb and silly, half of the second movie doesn't even HAVE a plot, just Jack Sparrow running away from natives. The third one was slightly better, but had waaay too many subplots. And that whole weird JackxElizabeth thing? o____o -shudder-

I'm sorry if I offend you if you like these films, but... auuuugh.
... /endrant

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Well I do not think it is fair to call the Star Wars prequels bad. They were never a new idea. The story was how George Lucas always wanted it to be. It was his original story. This is the same for the Lord of the Rings, as well as Narnia, the books on those already exist. So the quality of the sequels depends on how well they adapt it. On that note. I can get into what I think is the worst movie sequels. The Harry Potter movies. Each one progressively departs further and further from the book it is based upon. The sixth one was just absurd. They left out the entire end-battle sequence. That's what everyone was looking forward to, and they cut it out. all they had was the thing with Snape. It leaves a huge plot hole. Why even get the others in if they don't do anything? They ruined it.

W

wideyedwanderer

Did nobody mention Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull? Granted, it had some endearing moments...but really, aliens? Nuking the fridge?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom