• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Worst LoZ Game You Say?

It belongs in the series just as much as any other Zelda game, and hipsters? Sorry, but the ratings don't lie, and the majority of AoL fans are not hipsters by the least bit. They're just smart enough to put the rating into perspective, also acknowledging that it has many more things to praise than hate.

You haven't presented me with one shred of evidence to prove your point. Why does AoL belong in the series just as much as any other title? Simply because it was created by Nintendo? If you step back and really analyze the game comparatively, I'm sure you will find irreconcilable differences. I love the style of gameplay that AoL presents, I have been playing similar RPGs since I was very little, but Zelda is my favorite series for a reason. If I wanted to play a mainstream RPG I would, but that is why I choose Zelda over others. I don't know about you, but if we ever see another grind-heavy, level-based title in the series, I am going to be EXTREMELY angry.

There are thousands upon thousands of generic RPGs, the reason we all love Zelda so much is for it's unique perspective on gameplay. I'm sorry but if your favorite Zelda game is AoL than you can't be a true Zelda fan, for the reasons that true Zelda fans love Zelda are the reasons why we choose to play Zelda over generic, bland, mainstream titles such as AoL.

YoshiFlame

Businessman of Legend
There are thousands upon thousands of generic RPGs, the reason we all love Zelda so much is for it's unique perspective on gameplay. I'm sorry but if your favorite Zelda game is AoL than you can't be a true Zelda fan, for the reasons that true Zelda fans love Zelda are the reasons why we choose to play Zelda over generic, bland, mainstream titles such as AoL.

So you're saying that if your favorite game is AoL, then you are not a true Zelda fan? Why is that? Even though it didn't seem like a Zelda game to you, it left a lasting impact on the series. Where would we be if it hadn't introduced the magic system, Dark Link, or the Triforce of Courage. My favorite Zelda game is ALttP, but the reason that game is so great is because it combined elements from the first two games, thus perfecting the "Zelda formula". In conclusion, AoL is just as important to the series as any other game.

Last edited:
Other than the CD-I games, I would say that the worst Zelda game would probably be Phantom Hourglass. It got so boring, I couldn't bring myself to even finish the game. And it's because of that, I never even bothered with Spirit Tracks.

There is no horrible zelda game... except the CD-i ones, but i really dont even count those as zelda games, id say the worst in my opinion would have to be 4 swords adventures, i just thought it was awful

I entirely disagree with AoL being the worst. I find that it's one of the best overall zelda games. It's so much fun learning how to beat every monster. Shield up or down blocking, Attacking up or down. It's simple, but gets really complicated. Think of it as a 2D skyward sword. You have to attack where the monsters aren't shielding and you have to shield high or low as well. Great combat system I still come back to AoL even today!

The worst for me would have to be PH. I'm not saying it's bad.. it's still a great game, but I found the story and dungeons a little boring that's all.

ALL OF THEM!!!

...Every Zelda game in the whole Zelda series

..............................I LOVE all of them...wait...this is about which Zelda game is worst?...umm...i don't have answer to that :D ;)

T

The Wind Fish

Truly, there is no bad Zelda game, even the CD-i's they aren't even a zelda game. just the zelda cartoon except playable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom