• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Worst LoZ Game You Say?

D

Darkhuman

yeah, haven't gotten to a BAD zelda game, then again never had a CD-I either...

So you're saying that if your favorite game is AoL, then you are not a true Zelda fan? Why is that? Even though it didn't seem like a Zelda game to you, it left a lasting impact on the series. Where would we be if it hadn't introduced the magic system, Dark Link, or the Triforce of Courage. My favorite Zelda game is ALttP, but the reason that game is so great is because it combined elements from the first two games, thus perfecting the "Zelda formula". In conclusion, AoL is just as important to the series as any other game.

We could have seen the magic system, Dark Link, and the Triforce of Courage in AoL without it being level-based and all that. You have proved nothing.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess are ranking upon some of my least loved Zelda titles for a myriad of reasons. Fans will attack me and by all reason they have the right to, but at the same time I have right to opinion.

A

abazeldafan

i have beaten ALL of the zelda games even the new one skyward sword

I personally don't find the point in hating on anything. It's too much energy wasted on my part. And even then, I can' think of a Zelda game that's actually bad.

All that comes to mind is the Zelda game that I like playing the least: The Wind Waker. Often times it feels like a bit of a chore to play, because of all the sailing and pointless sidequests, and it doesn't have as rewarding of a story, in my opinion. But it's still a great game. Just not my personal favorite.

dazzsheil

All Hail Shadow
Okay Here I go_Oracle of Ages DID At once suck,but after some reconsidering,and after playing Majora's Mask,I thought OoT Is the worst Game.
Zelda Fanboy:HUH?Y U SAY DIS?????
Ocarina of Time just feels boring to me.While I do embrace what it did for Gaming,I just don't like it as much as the others.I feel as though the game just had a bit of a cliche story(Well,so do most of them,particulary LoZ)and the graphics got horrible in some places(The market....just so blurry).Now,this is just a personal thing but,MAJORA'S MASK IS A WAY BETTER GAME.While there are far less dungoens in MM,It just has a better story and gameplay mechanics(I.E The masks)although,it was a shame that Adult Link was NOT In MM :(

Oh and Guys,don't start being a pain in my butt because I said your Precious Ocarina of Time sucks comaped to MM And AoL :3

I'm gonna say out of all the "canonical" games i think we could really do without the four swords adventures series because what it was trying to portay, a four player zelda game, was not really practical for friends who were kids due to not having the money to buy the cables, four separate games and gameboys. I mean, me and my friends never bothered with it. But i'm sure they weren't bad games

Out of the 8 I've played (see my signature) i would have to say A Link To The Past (shock!), but my reasoning is biased. The only reason I rank it last is because it was simply too hoary for me to handle. Yes, it's a great game, but a game that old, with limited graphics, kind of grated on me. For example, I got hit lots unfairly because of the flawed graphics. Probably excellent for it's time, but unfortunately I didn't play this game until about a year ago, so I had no nostalgia with it.

Other than this though, I'd say spirit tracks is the next worst, mainly due to the tedious train system.

Don't get me wrong though, I've loved every zelda game I've played so far.

My least favorite is AoL, no specific reason.
I just didn't feel that the overall quality (not graphics, i mean story, characters, dungeons, etc) wasn't as up to par with the other games.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
The original LOZ is by far the worst. It is technologically, gameplay wise and graphically inferior to every other zelda.

MW7

The original LOZ is by far the worst. It is technologically, gameplay wise and graphically inferior to every other zelda.

I'd agree with technologically and graphically inferior, but IMO it's one of the best gameplay wise and overall. Just my opinion though. It's simplicity is its advantage; at world record speed someone could play through LoZ 3 times in less time than the total amount of cutscenes in Skyward Sword which aren't skippable the first time through.

I'm afraid to use the word worst, but my least favorite Zelda is Spirit Tracks. It had some great puzzles, but the entire setup of the overworld with the train tracks really wasn't what I would like to see in a Zelda game.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom