• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Worst LoZ Game You Say?

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
AoL is the worst Zelda of all the ones I have played and beaten, but despite that, I think it's still a decent game. It just doesn't compare to the other Zelda games because it tries too hard to be different. In addition, it's difficulty is far more unforgiving than the other Zelda games, which I have mixed feelings about; while the difficulty gives me a sense of accomplishment, it also can turn me away from the game.

AoL is the worst Zelda of all the ones I have played and beaten, but despite that, I think it's still a decent game. It just doesn't compare to the other Zelda games because it tries too hard to be different. In addition, it's difficulty is far more unforgiving than the other Zelda games, which I have mixed feelings about; while the difficulty gives me a sense of accomplishment, it also can turn me away from the game.

AoL's difficulty is to be praised! In addition, its graphics and design aresome of the best on NES!

To be very honest, I cannot stand A Link to the past. The game is beyond absurd in difficulty once you are in the dark world. Any enemy hits you for 2+ hearts. the dungeon layouts get to be pretty confusing, and I hate to say it, but I didn't care for the story either. So hands down, ALTTP is by far, the worst Zelda title, imo.

CD-i games are OLD news, In fact the majority of Zelda fans simply disregard them as some stupid Phillips crossover move that FORTUNATELY was forgotten in time.

And for the worst REAL Zelda game i would have to say TP because i could not be bothered to play through it all. (It's not that i didn't like it but i didn't want to waste my time when i got bored and wanted to play other zelda games i hadn't completed).

Also i didn't really enjoy PH. But as i got thought it I just really felt like i was playing ST without most things i loved about ST.

Oh and i liked AoL. ZeldaWolfShiek where are you. (that also goes to any other AoL fanboys around)

MegaTallica

NintendoThrasher
CD-i games are OLD news, In fact the majority of Zelda fans simply disregard them as some stupid Phillips crossover move that FORTUNATELY was forgotten in time.

And for the worst REAL Zelda game i would have to say TP because i could not be bothered to play through it all. (It's not that i didn't like it but i didn't want to waste my time when i got bored and wanted to play other zelda games i hadn't completed).

Also i didn't really enjoy PH. But as i got thought it I just really felt like i was playing ST without most things i loved about ST.

Oh and i liked AoL. ZeldaWolfShiek where are you. (that also goes to any other AoL fanboys around)

Any real Zelda fan would still recognize and accept the CD-i games, imo. I know they are old news, but I still hear a lot of people saying that AoL is the worst Zelda game. So I thought I would just incourage anyone on the forums that haven't seen or played them to look at them and find a new found appreciation for their least favorite of the series.

MW7

IMO arguing which Zelda game is the worst is like arguing which CD-i Zelda game is the best. The former are all good and the latter all don't exist, right guys?

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
Well, I happen to be one of those "rare" few who hate Majora's Mask. This is out of all Zelda games I've played, so this does NOT include the CD-i games. I hate Majora's Mask because the horrible, annoying, tedious, stupid, worst idea ever time mechanic ruined the entire game for me. Yes, the ENTIRE GAME. I would have given it a better chance and played it all the way through if the mechanic did not exist. I still to this day wish that Nintendo would modify the game and release a non-timed version of the game. I really wish there was a true sequel to my beloved Ocarina of Time... and NO, Twilight Princess does NOT count.

Pixel

Smallest graphical unit
I must say that the game I dislike the most is Adventure of Link aka the AoL or the second game,
I think that the games mechanics and tentative new exploring and battle format didn't quite fit the Zelda franchise,it was ... limited,
When I play Zelda, I want some freedom on the game,that's the whole franchise's point in my opinion,live an adventure; the only good point I can see about that was some booses and enemies ideas, which are cool, and the foreseeing of important characters (the towns like Malon,Ruto,Raoru,etc.)

AOL IS NOT A BAD ZELDA GAME!!!!! IT IS ONE OF THE BETTER ONES EVER!!!!! JUST BECAUSE IT'S IMPOSSIBLY DIFFICULT DOESN'T MEAN IT'S A BAD GAME!!!!!!!!!!

There's no worst game. Let me be more specific - There is no worst Zelda game that has been released on a Nintendo console (home or handheld).

Pixel

Smallest graphical unit
AOL IS NOT A BAD ZELDA GAME!!!!! IT IS ONE OF THE BETTER ONES EVER!!!!! JUST BECAUSE IT'S IMPOSSIBLY DIFFICULT DOESN'T MEAN IT'S A BAD GAME!!!!!!!!!!

There's no worst game. Let me be more specific - There is no worst Zelda game that has been released on a Nintendo console (home or handheld).

So basically,you're saying that the CDi games are the worst?
I never played them but everybody seems to dislike these ...

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
bulbasaur - And for the worst REAL Zelda game i would have to say TP because i could not be bothered to play through it all. (It's not that i didn't like it but i didn't want to waste my time when i got bored and wanted to play other zelda games i hadn't completed).
So you're saying it's the worst...when you haven't even played the whole thing...and you're also saying that you didn't dislike it...I don't understand.....

Pixel

Smallest graphical unit
So you're saying it's the worst...when you haven't even played the whole thing...and you're also saying that you didn't dislike it...I don't understand.....

I think s/he fell out with the game,and it had became very boring and repetitive, so s/he just stopped playing and went to anotehr games.
Since this is game was so broing to his/her, s/he considers it the worst one ...

If I got that correctly ...

N

NewBuddyFriend

Other than the unholy trinity that is the CD-I games I would have to say my least favorite is AoL. I did like the game but, it's my least favorite. Lol you know it's a good game series when people mostly love every game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom