• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Worst LoZ Game You Say?

Can't answer, as there is no logic regarding factors that could make a Zelda game bad. I can, however, say what would be at the bottom of my list... but I'll have to think about it first.

AoL because I found it to be needlessly frustrating. Never in a game have I died so many times as I did in that one. I tried to make myself stronger by gaining experience points but that just took too long. I gave up about halfway through the game.

Oh god. I could barely get past the first two pages of this thread. Let me state the obvious, since it isn't obvious enough for some people. Anyone with the intellect above that of your average chimp can understand that the Phillips CD-i games are not Zelda games. Their discussion does not belong in a forum dedicated to TLoZ, for they are not one in the same.

That being said, out of all of the titles, AoL was definitely the worst in that it did not feel like a Zelda game. Nintendo tried something new, they failed horribly, and so they never went back to that formula, for good reason. If AoL was a good title, I'm sure we would have seen SOMETHING like it in later installments, but we did not, for good reason. For any of you out there whose favorite title is AoL, I suggest you look into some other mainstream RPG titles, as you will probably enjoy them more than any Zelda game. Many consider ALttP to be the best title, and a lot of the reasons for this could be because of AoL. After such a repulsive, mainstream installment, Nintendo presented us with Zelda perfection. Much of what we know and love about the series spawned from this title. For many reasons I don't consider AoL to be a Zelda game, but unfortunately it is.

That being said, the only real Zelda title I disliked was PH. That game sucked hard. (Note: I have yet to play ST)

Big Octo

=^)
That being said, out of all of the titles, AoL was definitely the worst in that it did not feel like a Zelda game. Nintendo tried something new, they failed horribly, and so they never went back to that formula, for good reason. If AoL was a good title, I'm sure we would have seen SOMETHING like it in later installments, but we did not, for good reason. For any of you out there whose favorite title is AoL, I suggest you look into some other mainstream RPG titles, as you will probably enjoy them more than any Zelda game.

It's called the magic system. And also, I completely disagree with these here post. All Zelda titles have something different in them, so it's no good use bagging on a game just because it's different. Furthermore, Nintendo far-from failed at something new, the game received well reception by many raters and fans back in the day. Why? Because it was the second title. Even after the release of games that remain similar to the original, I can garuntee you that an early Zelda fan would not look back at their thoughts of the game in vain. In similar words, most AoL haters have played most of the other games first, and, as I said, bash it because it's different from what they've experienced before.

wow i just looked those games up....wow thats all i can say about them...

edit: what game is Aol btw? Ive only played about 5 zelda games

It's called the magic system. And also, I completely disagree with these here post. All Zelda titles have something different in them, so it's no good use bagging on a game just because it's different. Furthermore, Nintendo far-from failed at something new, the game received well reception by many raters and fans back in the day. Why? Because it was the second title. Even after the release of games that remain similar to the original, I can garuntee you that an early Zelda fan would not look back at their thoughts of the game in vain. In similar words, most AoL haters have played most of the other games first, and, as I said, bash it because it's different from what they've experienced before.

Okay, I'll give you the magic system. To be quite frank, there is no good use on bagging on anything, but we do it. This entire thread is dedicated to it, so don't pop in here and act like I've done something terrible. Also, I AM an early Zelda fan, and I DO look back at my thoughts on the game in vain. I bash on the game for being different because it was TOO different. I'm not even saying that AoL is a bad game, I'm just saying it's a game that doesn't belong in the series. We all know that ratings lie, and as far as the AoL fanbase goes, there will always be hipsters.

Patch

Party Pooper
Personally, I don't fancy any of the old (before OoT) Zelda games. That's just me though!

Big Octo

=^)
Okay, I'll give you the magic system. To be quite frank, there is no good use on bagging on anything, but we do it. This entire thread is dedicated to it, so don't pop in here and act like I've done something terrible. Also, I AM an early Zelda fan, and I DO look back at my thoughts on the game in vain. I bash on the game for being different because it was TOO different. I'm not even saying that AoL is a bad game, I'm just saying it's a game that doesn't belong in the series. We all know that ratings lie, and as far as the AoL fanbase goes, there will always be hipsters.
It belongs in the series just as much as any other Zelda game, and hipsters? Sorry, but the ratings don't lie, and the majority of AoL fans are not hipsters by the least bit. They're just smart enough to put the rating into perspective, also acknowledging that it has many more things to praise than hate.

Bad... Zelda...? Are those words meant to be together in the way they are now?! Well, I dare say that my least favorite was Link's Awakening, but it doesn't mean that it wasn't a good game! Just didn't like it as I liked the others...

ZeldaFan11

#TeamPhelps
Everyone has their own opinnions, so that means allmost every game can be called out by someone. Mine.... personally is FSA, im stuck in one part of the game for a year now and i refuse to use a walkthrough. the game is not that interesting to me, but i still play it every now and then.

YoshiFlame

Businessman of Legend
Although there isn't a Zelda game that I don't like, the one on the bottom of my list would have to be Four Swords. I just found it pretty boring, and sometimes, the randomly spawning enemies got on my nerves. On the other hand, I really enjoyed Four Swords Adventures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom