• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Worst Injury

Cyrus Skyray

Gwladgarwr Tra Mad
I've had an assortment of injuries over the years, although I can only remember 2 in any great detail, which are:

Burning myself (when I was about 14) with molten plastic (a result of teenage pyromania).

Cutting my wrist (unintentionally) on a window (whilst attempting to throw a snowball out).

dumb180

Warrior Postman
Some years ago, in high school, I took a dare and decided to jump off the visiting stands at the football field. I landed flatflooted and broke both of my heels. Had to have surgery in which they put some nails inside of them to restructure the bones.

But on the plus side, I learned to do a wheelchair wheelie.

elliotstriforce

trollin for booty
the worst injury i've ever had was when i was skateboarding and a (not to be racist) mexican kid jumped in my way when i was about to do something big (and i mean big!) and i lost my balance. there was a giant cut on my arm that bled for a week and a half.

Claire

The Geekette
In the past 4 years, my right ankle and foot have taken a lot of damage. I truly cannot pick the worst out of these situations, except after the first time I had hurt my ankle and foot - the pain has progressed and taken longer to recover. The first time I had harmed my ankle, was when I was jumping on the trampoline with Tom, which had resulted in torn ligaments. I've had a heifer step on my foot, which bruised and stretched the healing ligaments. Luckily, I last had gotten damage on the ligaments in my ankle in the spring of this year, so I've taken a lot of time to heal.

I'm clumsy, too, so I'm just hoping I don't injure my ankle further every year.

Tak

Game Over
I have had many injuries, none of which I would consider serious, but some of my most recent include;

1- Burning myself with hot glue in school, while working with circuit boards.
The burn was to the top of my finger, and over the last few days, the skin has fallen off, and has began to heal.

2- My ankles have taken alot of abuse lately, I have fallen down the stairs twice because of them.
This was probably caused by an accident over the Summer holidays, which involved my friends little brother landing on top of my ankle. I couldnt walk for two weeks without pain.

3- I was whacked in the eye by a picture which was hanging on the wall of our school.
I was walking past it, when the person in front of me caused it to swing forward, then back into my face.
Even now, my eye really hurts. :(

Dungeon killer

Dungeon's Shall Fall!
My worst injury was last year when I went under a flatbed truck and when I was coming out from under it I lifted my head to early and a piece of metal cut a V-shaped cut in my head. I bled 2 liters of blood on my way to the hospital and then when I got there I passed out and that is all I remeber.

That day always scares me when i have a nightmare about it.D:

S

Sage of Wind

I've cracked my head open 3 times, the first I hit hy head on a spade and almost died, the 2nd I actually can't remember (I've had terrible memory since the first one lol) and the 3rd I got tripped over by my brother and hit my head on the end of my bed.
I've also broken my wrist twice and cut my knee open to the bone.

Qwerty0805

Pixelated Sword Member
When I was 8, I hit my knee with a rusty nail. It hurt a lot, and I had to go to the hospital to get some sort of medical glue to close the wound.

My worst injury was something I can barely remember if it was even true...

Was long ago when I was younger, maybe when I was 8 or 9. I was playing with my older brother outside while everyone was outside and our aunt, uncle, cousin, and grandparents were there. So I guess that was the reason we were outside.

My brother was kind of demented, and he messed with metallic poles of some sort. It had a point on it. And he threw it at me, thinking I was going to catch it.

Well... I did go to catch it, but all that I remember is the sharp end going through my leg... I remember nothing after that, or if it's even true. o-o

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Well I guess my worst injury was when I was four and I broke my wrist. My a** of a big sister decided to cherry bomb me on a see saw and the end result was a broken wrist. They had to put pins in my wrist to try to help it heal a little more and I still have the marks from where they were. The oddest thing about that though was that I didn't cry. I know it sounds crazy but I didn't. It's the truth and I don't really care if you think I'm lying because if you do then blame my Mom because she's the reason I think that. Aside from that the worst thing I've ever gotten is probably a stubbed toe or a bruise.

EDIT: Okay I forgot something that would also be considered a nasty injury. Okay so I was cooking pasta on the stove and I went to turn down the heat on the burner. It was an on an outer burner and it was right beside the side of my fridge (no it wasn't the electric coil just the metal side). Apparently the fridge had recieved quite a bit of heat and as you can guess I put my arm against the fridge (unintentionally) and I got a pretty nasty burn. I didn't have to go to the hospital but it stung for days (I even concocted a way to play my Wii without taking my arm off of my ice pack) and there was an imprint of the side of the fridge on my arm for the next few weeks. And this happened to me around the end of August when I joined.

Last edited:
S

Spreeze

I'm always prone to various cuts and bruises, but I've never had a really severe injury that I can remember. Oh, but there was one time when I was either 5 or 6, I was playing on our swingset outside, and i was trying to climb up the slide. But I fell and my front tooth slammed against the slide (it was a permanent tooth) and nearly came out. It was really loose, and my parents had to take me to a dentist. Luckily the tooth didn't fall out!

Hmm... when I was 2 or 3 I was climbing on the counters in our house, and I put my hand flat on a hot over burner. >.<

Ooh! And here's something else: Acetone + open wound = not fun.

Apple

Crazy Cookie
I rarely injure myself, so it's tied between:

A few years ago my sister and I were having a poke fight on the couch. She got me in the eye by accident. We got it looked at (I got to go to the emergency room for it) and my cornea was badly scratched. If we hadn't treated it quick enough I would have a really bad scar and be pretty much blind in that eye. But gladly that didn't happen, but when I look through the microscopes at school I can see a little bit of a scar there.

Or...

Around second grade I was walking along the edge of my deck in the front yard. My house is on a hill and the driveway cuts into it. I wasn't looking where I was going and fell off the wall into the driveway and landed in an old leaf pile. I sprained my wrist. It hurt pretty bad. But it wasn't that horrible, I just couldn't lean on it for about a month.

OR...

On my eighth grade ski trip I fell down at the top of the hill. I had landed to the side, but the next person to come down happened to do the exact same thing. Their ski dug into the back of my right hand. I have a pretty scar there now. And a dent, but it doesn't hurt anymore unless you poke it really really hard.

Twili Kid

Many pointless questions
Over the last few years I have had many injuries, all of them weird but none of them disabled me too much.

I thiink it was four years ago I was playing sprout ball (like dodgeball) in a soccer camp. I was one of the 8 people left. The counsler threw a ball at me, I tried to catch it. I did, mostly. The ball landed between my ring finger and my pinky. For a few seconds I wondered how it fit. Then I noticed that my pinky was at about a 90 degree angle from my ring finger. I later found my pinky was broken but I don't remember if it was the left or right one, but it didn't matter because during the summer I didn't need to write anything.

Two years later I was running at my sisters birthday carrying balloons I tripped landed on my big toe, I started bleed. I found out my big toe was broken. I couldn't put my shoe on with alot of pain so I had to wear this weird boot thing and wearing it I won a game of circle dodgeball (your in the middle and people on the out side of a circle roll balls at you)

The summer that same year I went to my friends house to play SSBB I think we were having a captian falcon contest. just 2 people left me and Max. I was jumping like crazy. then I leaned my friends couch was a bunch of chairs put togather. My foot went in my little toe twisted broke and I lost.

Ikana

Trollkastel
The worst injury that I had was when I was 8 years old.I was at my cousins house and everyone was ruff housing.I was running and my brother took me and slam me onto the ground hitting my head.I couldn't remember anything.My mom took me to the emergency room and it turned out I had a concussion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom