• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Will It Still Be the Oot We Know and Love?

D

DungeonDarknut

Ocarina of time is widely considered to be not only the best game in the Zelda series but the best game of all time. But with the upcoming 3DS remake I worry it won't be as good! Nintendo are making so called "improvements" for instance "improving" the water temple (which wasn't as bad as all that.) I Fear after the "improvements" the game will stop it being Ocarina of time, it could change beyond recognition. I would like to hear other peoples opinion on the matter so please reply to the thread.

Thank You

Tony

Stardust Crusaders
I doubt that it will have the same feel to me. Nintendo probabely won't make huge changes, just minor ones. I hop they make new gimmicks for it though but it will not have the same feel on me.

Austin

Austin
(Moved to Pocket Zelda section ;))

I'm a tad worried as well. The only downgrade that I consider somewhat likely is making the game easier, but that wouldn't destroy the game, in my opinion. It's possible that they'll destroy certain temples in an effort to simplify them, which would be sad, but in the end, it's only a handheld port. Ocarina of Time will still be considered good even if they botch one remake. ^^

Kybyrian

They certainly won't change anything too big. They are remaking the game from scratch, however. There may be a few differences, but nothing too significant. I think one of the biggest things that we may or may not see would be the changing of the Gold Skulltula locations just to mix it up a little bit for people who had played the game on Nintendo 64 and Gamecube, so people have a little something more to do. Nothing major like characters or a entire revamp of a dungeon will be done. At least, I hope nothing like that is done. There may be some minor changes in dungeons, but I sure hope they don't go in and just change up everything suddenly. If it's for the better then I wouldn't mind too much, but people are looking forward to playing the old Ocarina of Time, not something attempting to disguise itself as such. An entire revamp of the dungeons or anything like that would be too much.

To be honest, the biggest change that I'm expecting to happen is that once you beat the Water Temple, the entire of Zora's Domain will melt and be back to normal. As far as I know, they never managed to do that in the original because of time issues, and never did so for the Gamecube remake because they never remade the game from scratch. I'd like to see this, because that has always annoyed me when playing through Ocarina of Time.

Outside of what I said above though, I expect little change, only the additional change to make certain parts of the game a little better. I would especially hate to see them try and remake entire dungeons or the entire game to make it easier, because that would just make the game suck. I want to be able to play the old Ocarina of Time, not a new one that has been greatly changed. I doubt anything to do with the plot or the characters will be changed either, because that wouldn't make sense to do.

As long as I get an Ocarina of Time that clearly resembles the original Ocarina of Time, I'm happy. Let's just hope they remake Majora's Mask too.

Oracle of Time

Knows your future
I completely agree, I grew up playing Ocarina of Time and I can asure anyone that there's nothingwrong with the game it's a absolute masterpiece! I would also be overjoyed if Nintendo remade Majora's Mask, and didn't mess it up!

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Making improvements in the best game of all time = something definitely good.
However, OoT was good for it's time periods. So I'm predicting that this is not going to receive as good scores as the original, as today's standards may be different than the standards for "good" 10 years ago.

There is a posibility that people will seperate the two in their minds and refer to them as almost completely seperate games. I mean we're going from 90's graphics on a tv using a controler to freakin' 3D graphics on two small screens that you can carry around everywhere with you in your pocket. Plus a lot of people that will play the 3DS version will be young kids who've never even played the original because they were too young or weren't even born yet. Plus the different menu screen and item management system could possibly make an even bigger difference. Even if the new version doesn't turn out to be Zelda's version of the second coming then we'll still always have the original to go back to. Heck, I'm not even going to get the 3DS. I can't afford all that. I'd rather use that money to buy the original and a bunch of the older Zeldas that I don't have and haven't played yet, and still have a bunch of money left over. But I still hope it lives up to the hype for those who can afford it or those who's parents can.

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
I think we'll see minor changes like we had from Link's Awakening to DX. One or two new minigames (that extensively use the new 3D graphics) are a given. There might be an additional Dungeon (maybe even based on the one they had to scrap way back when, or one that plays with the 3D abilities of the 3DS), but I doubt it.

But yes, the Iron Boots will most likely get classic item status (like they had in Wind Waker, for example).

It's one of Nintendo's best game and making a remake won't have any significant changes. The improvement are for the flaws the game had and making it an even better game. Nintendo knows how great the game is and doesn't want to butcher because there are fans that wants to play this remake.

N

NMG

it will be like another mater quest except easier and the characters wont look blocky ex links hair

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
I currently don't know if the 3DS itself will be any good. If it isn't (I think it won't be great judging by the decrease of quality in the DS range as each one is made) then OoT won't be any good. I think the may have to change the graphics sufficently but I could be wrong. I am not sure I will even buy it, I'll probably wait to see what ZD thinks. But at this point I really can't see it working that well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom