• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Who Are Your 5 Favorite Video Game Characters?

5: Sonic-
He's just awesome, alright!!!!!!!
4: Mario-
Ya gotta love him.
3: Ness-
"Ulvulv!"
2: Pit-
I played the demo on Super Smash Bros. Brawl, but hes supposed to be really cool, plus the games are about myths and legends, which is coincidentally the name of a book im writing ("Of Myths and Legends")!
1:...
(turn your volume up loud, but not too loud!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qm2-KwKSjU&feature=related

LINK!

... what do you think.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
5. Sonic. C'mon. He's awesome and we all know he is.
4. Donkey Kong. Now this is the gorilla we're talking about. Da monkey with style.
3. Luigi. Kind of left out from the Mario series, but I like playing as him more in Mario games than I do playing as his bro.
2. Ganondorf. The human form, not the beast form. For a villain, he's just so epic.
1. Link. This is our man. What would be do if it weren't for him.

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
Even without counting characters in video game adaptations based on different media (like Sam&Max, Arkham Asylum, any Lord of the Rings game or The Beatles: Rock Band), it's awfully hard to limit myself to just five characters. I think I've narrowed it down to five, but it really hurts leaving certain characters out. And tomorrow, this list might look completely different. Hey, it might even look different if I made it in 30 minutes. But for now, the list looks like this:

5 Abe (Oddworld games)
4 Herschel Layton (Professor Layton series)
3 Alexandra Roivas (Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem)
2 Darth Revan (Knights of the Old Republic)
1 Guybrush Threepwood (Monkey Island 1&2)

Zarom

The King
My favourite are all Nintendo characters, here they are:

Link
Mario
Donkey Kong
Samus
Fox

Yeah, it's a pretty standard list, no particular order whatsoever.

Godkarmachine

Angry Megaman Fan
1.- Megaman (any incarnation except for BN and SF)
Megaman has always been one of my favourite characters due to its personality and because his games are soooooooooo good xD
2.- Zero (From the megaman X series)
Imagine being about to get killed by an enemy and then he saves you... now that's epic, i love Zero since the first time i saw him in the original Megaman X
3.- Link (no explanation needed xD)
Link has always been awesome and he destroys giant monsters xD not to say he has traveled time, over and under seas, to the dark world, etc etc
4.- Mario
The defining character of videogames in my opinion
5.- Samus Aran
She can kick anyone no matter how big or scary they are, and she does it all by herself

Kirino

Tatakae
1. Jr. Troopa
How could such a little koopa be so strong? He's the one in my avy by the way.
2. Waka
At first you didn't even know weather he was good or bad. And he was so mysterious.
3. Bow
A boo princess who easily defeats enemies by slapping them. What's not to like?
4. Samus
A epic space warrior who defeats giant alien beasts. Plus she's a girl.
5. Boshi
A totally badass version of Yoshi with shades and a spiked collar. Nuff said.

Last edited:

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
#1: Master Chief - Halo Series
#2: Link - Zelda Series (duh!)
#3: Solid Snake - Metal Gear Solid Series
#4: Cpt. Soap McTavish - Modern Warfare 2
#5: Sergeant Johnson - Halo Series

Norisom

Hero of Something...
1. Link (LoZ)
2. Mega Man (MegaMan series)
3. Red (Pokemon)
4. Mario (Duh)
5. Auron (FFX)

S

Sage

1. Link (The Legend of Zelda)
2. Mario (I Shouldn't Even Type Anything Here)
3. Pikachu (Pokemon)
4. Donkey Kong (...)
5. Samus (Metroid)

A Pretty Standard List, I Would Say.

Jedizora

:right:
5: "the rookie"(halo 3:eek:dst): Well, mostley because he appered in a halo game.
4: Soap(MW1, MW2): Because of the awesome stuff he did.
3:Master cheif(halo combat evolved, halo 2, halo 3):He is an 8 foot tall, robotic suit-wearing super human. Whats not to like?
2:Link(Do I have to tell you what games he appeared in?): Do I have to tell you why I like him?
1: noble 6: He made the ultimate sacriface for humanity, allowing he pelican holding master chief to get away, so he could find halo and unlock its secrets. This is why Noble 6 is my favorite video gaming hero.

Rare Addict

Site Staff
1. Midna
2. Conker (Conker's Bad Fur Day)
3. Tali (Mass Effect series)
4. Arbiter (Halo series)
5. The Illusive Man (Mass Effect series)

D33V92

Son of the Patriots
In no particular order:

Link-This one is fairly obvious
Solid Snake- Metal Gear Solid series
Big Boss (Naked Snake)-Metal Gear Solid 3 my favorite of the series
Ezzio Auditore- Assassin's Creed 2, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
Leon S. Kennedy-Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles

Those are the good guys,
Here are my bad guys:

Ganondorf- again, fairly obvious
Liquid Snake-Metal Gear Solid Series
Albert Wesker- Resident Evil Series
SPOILER: Scott Shelby (The Origami Killer)-Heavy Rain
Tornadoes-Harvest Moon 64 (They Always Kill My Chickens!!)

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
5. Midna
4. Mario
3. Samus (empowerment to girls! I can't stand the damsel in distress known as Peach!)
2. Zelda
1. Link!

Honorable mention goes to the girl Pokemon trainer from D/P/PL, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Rosalina, Rosie from Animal Crossing, and Sonic.

Mute

一員
In no particular order and narrowing it down to 5...

Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia): I really like him because he's a lot different than any of the other "Tales of" protagonists. He's a lot more laid back than most of the characters while also having his own sense of "justice", to the point that he will go against the law if he disagrees. (I will also mention I worded this badly, but it gets the point across.)

Samus Aran (Every Metroid except Other M): She pretty much is a character I can't describe other than badass. In fact, I don't know what it is about her that makes her one of my favourites, she's just awesome, not to mention nearly everything she fights is a freaking giant monster of some sort that just wants her dead and she still winds up on top.

Yoshi: I just love Yoshi. Everytime I played Mario Kart, I picked Yoshi. (Until the Wii version) Everytime I played Mario Party, I picked Yoshi. When I played Yoshi's Island, I realized I loved it more than any of the Super Mario Brothers games. Yoshi has been one of my favourite characters since I started playing games, so I can't leave him out.

Bartz/Butz (FFV): I always found Bartz to be my favourite FF protagonist. I think it was because of how he joked around a lot more than the others and didn't take things extremely serious. Most of all, he wasn't trying to be "cold and distant" or anything similar. Then again, the game's my favourite of the series, so that may add some bias to it.

Ash (Phantom Brave): I really like Ash, for many reasons. First off, I like his design, followed by the fact that, even as a phantom, he still tries to protect Marona regardless of what happens. Something about that really gets to me. (Then again, that entire game gets to me.)

And that's 5 ones picked at random. (Except Yoshi.) I tried to give a decent explanation, but when it comes down to it, I generally like characters because they just sort of...Click the right way, resulting in favourites seemingly being randomly picked. Because of that, there's a loooot more, but that's just 5 to stay true to the topic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom