• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Classic Which Well Do You Think Was Creepier, The Bottom of the Well or the Empty Well in MM?

It's a close tie, but for me i've gotta go with the Empty Well. Something about the lighting really set the mood not to mention that there's two Gibdos. Secondly, the rolling spikes, the eye switch that shots fire, the Freezards, and the Big Poes.D:

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
I think the Bottom of the Well was creepier because the BGM set the mood, the invisible pits in the floor, and Dead Hand really freaked me out.

the walrus cat

the walrus who was a cat
Bottom of the well by a margin. The design was just scarier in general, and the redeads in bottom of the well are more difficult to avoid than the gibdos in the empty well.

enemytracker

無情な
Inside my personal pot, killing some bugs.
There should be a poll in this thread, I think.

Anyway, in my opinion, the Bottom of Well is the creepiest (tied with the Temple of Courage, the Island of Ruins and Lord Jabu-Jabu's Belly) thanks to it's scary BGM, gloomy scenario, the Dead Hand (I don't want to EVER fight against it again, it's too creepy) and the semi-invisible pits on the ground. Oh, did I mention that there are more Gibdos and it's even more difficult to avoid them?

This was the first dungeon that I gave up on my first try, not because it was difficult, but yes, because it's insanely scary!D:

Last edited:
I believe the well in MM was a little scary, but not as scary as the bottom of the well in OoT.

In MM you just walk around and go through doors, but in OoT you had much more scarier things like the floors you could fall through and that torture thing in one of the rooms and later on there were coffins. So I believe the bottom of the well in OoT is scarier.

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Bottom of the Well.

Beneath the Well in MM was not scary, just a tad bit confusing about what to do in that area.
The mini-dungeon bottom of the well was scary and intimidating, especially with the Wallmasters, not to mention Dead Hand that comes out and crawls towards you. He's just creepy, but fun to kill and overkill.

KaeporaGaebora

TheOwlSage
The Gibdo trading sequence was not scary at all. But the bottom of the well had less scary atmosphere. it's hard to chose for me. Beneath the well for me.

Zorato

"Frocobo says die!"
Bottom of the well by a landslide. I actually found the empty well pretty funny. I mean, the gibdos one second want to eat your face, and then they are asking for milk. And I dont want to even mention the dead hand...

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
Empty Well for me. Bottom of the Well was creepy, but all the creepiness went away during the Shadow Temple, then I forgot about the Bottom of the Well. For me, the Empty Well's creepiness remained. Forever. *Shudder* Bug collecting Gibdos.......

C

Caleb, Of Asui

I can't remember either perfectly, it's been so long since I've played either game, but I'm inclined to think that the Bottom of the Well is the creepier of the two. I actually thought it was quite a bit scarier than the Shadow Temple in many aspect, to be honest, or in the very least I remember seeing more blood, and I don't know that there was any blood at all in the Empty Well. Perhaps I'm just being over-sensitive to blood, though. I might also be inclined to choose the Bottom of the Well as the creepier of the two because it stood out more as being creepy. It was different from the rest of the game, whereas Majora's Mask had a creepy vibe throughout, so it comes as no surprise that the Empty Well would be creepy. Perhaps that makes it less creepy, though, since Majora's Mask more or less numbs you to the fright factor, whereas Ocarina of Time is much lighter and more triumphant, then they suddenly throw the Bottom of the Well at you.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
The bottom of the well. There's something about the fact that its entrance was concealed by a filled well just before playing the SoS that gave me that "What am I about to get myself into?" feeling. Then I got there and the music and atmosphere, blood stained walls, invisible walls, prison cell looking rooms, all gave me that "What did I get myself into?" feeling. Then there was Dead Hand.

All this was a bit magnified because it was the first task as a child since becoming an adult, so there was already a feeling of vulnerability after spending so much time as the stronger adult Link.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom