• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Classic Which Well Do You Think Was Creepier, The Bottom of the Well or the Empty Well in MM?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The Bottom of the Well definitely ate at my thoughts. I saw the environment and the atmosphere just spoke "death" to me. There's a room where there is about 3 or 4 ReDeads, and I believe there are also Bubbles that come around. Well, the water in the Well is green, and that only increases the base fear that seemingly permeates the TV screen. The Road to Ikana Castle (Empty Well) wasn't exactly scary because nothing really tried to get at you. Gibdos won't attack you given that you're wearing the Gibdo Mask, and there's also light and a full view of nearly every corner. That's just my thoughts on both of them as far as scare factor goes. They both are fun to play through, but I'm more afraid of Dead Hands, ReDeads, and having to use the Eye of Truth...

Xixor

Warrior of the Past
The Bottom of the Well from OoT was pretty disturbing... but not in a suspenseful way. You just kind of jump down there and you see a flying skull with bat wings on green fire. Eesh... the most disturbing part was definitely DEAD HAND! Wow he was creepy.

The Empty Well was pretty creepy now that I think about it. All the Gibdos... but then again all they wanted to do was trade you for things.

They were both pretty creepy but I have to say the Bottom of the Well is creepier mainly because of the pit of green acid death hands (you know what I'm talking about, right?) and Dead Hand, who I still have nightmares about (not really but you get the point.)

B

Bernkastel

The bottom of the well in Ocarina of Time was really creepy, not to mention the fact that I was three when I got there. But I thought the empty well in Majora's Mask was more..... of a joke. Certain things in there made me laugh, except for the wallmasters.

SheikahSoul

Decadence
The Bottom of the well defenitaly. I also love the blood on the walls and such too. And OOt has also Dead Hand. An epic, scary middle-boss.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
The Bottom of the Well had better music. It also has something the Empty well doesn't have: mystery. It is definitely a long time fearing place; where the empty well is just a maze with some undead, which are easily bypassed by wearing a mask.
The thing that makes the Bottom of the Well so horrifying is because you're lost in mystery. The first time, you have traps which you cannot see because you lack the Eye of Truth. The next subsequent times you are left pondering. Why does the well lead to a place that looks similar to a dungeon? Who were the people being tortured here? What unspeakable horrors lurk in the shadows next?
You turn and see nothing, but are still left in doubt of the paroling beast that wanders the halls of the well! You hear the music egging into your skin, with dead chanting similar to the ominous vocalists of the Fire Temple! What was the last breath that escaped those poor souls, before they were buried into the ground to form a pool of horrid ichor?
There are more mysteries involved for you to fill the mind, they let the player craft his way into filling the gaps using the one tool that the human mind possesses to create horror: imagination.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Oh, definitely the Bottom of the Well. There's no comparison. You never knew what was around the corner or when you were gonna fall through the floor in the Bottom of the Well, while the Well in Majora's Mask was just a place where you could talk to Gibdos. I mean, it was slightly creepy, but not so much as to where it would creep me out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom