• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Dungeon Did You Not Enjoy and Generally Hate?

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Most dungeons I can at the very least tolerate (in fact I thought the City in the Sky was alright: not the best but not horrible at the same time).

The only one I can say without a shadow of a doubt that I HATE HATE HATE (RAEG TIEM!!!!!) is... Inside the Great Deku Tree from Ocarina of Time.

I mean, I know it's a first dungeon but come on. That place was just so UNBEARABLY easy. Sure, all the Temples in OoT are unbearably easy, but at least most of them TRY to make you think or give a challenge (yes, even the Water Temple [really, it's very easy if your Zelda instincts are honed well enough to know to explore everywhere]). But nope, not the GDT.

It has a minimal number of puzzles, the only "enemies" you fight in there are Deku Babas (if you die to a Deku Baba, you fail at life, no offense) and the boss can literally be killed in the span of five or ten seconds or something like that, not to to mention the puzzles are either COMPLETELY given away by Navi (of course, the only time she actually gives you a hint to a puzzle it's totally obvious) or just flat out things that a chimp could figure out lickety split.

Pikacondon

Title.
I DESPISED the entire TP water temple because of its complicated map and boring miniboss. IMO, I laughed at Deku toad more than I fought. I also hated morpheel. My 7 year old sister said morpheel was cute! even though the TP water temple was easy, it was tedious. I HATED IT!

Kybyrian

I don't get why people are hating on the water temples. They could certainly be confusing, but any good and dedicated video game player should learn to appreciate them. You can't have fun if you don't think of the dungeon the right way. The Lakebed and Water Temples and the water levels system was created to get people really thinking for once. Usually, through a Zelda game, we see a few puzzles here and there, but these temples really helped to form the entire dungeon into a sort of puzzle, which is really what every dungeon should be like. You have to appreciate what they went through to incorporate this one feature throughout the entire temple and make it good.
All that you have to do is think a little bit more to get yourself going in the temples.

As for my personal least favorite, I'd have to say the City in the Sky. I happen to really like every single one of the dungeons in the Zelda series, but I suppose that the City in the Sky could be labeled as my least favorite out of all of them. It wasn't much the playing of the dungeon or the enemies, puzzles, or anything that made it unappealing, but rather just the look of the dungeon itself. It seemed so boring and you just kind of trudged through it. It wasn't until towards the very end that it got even a bit exciting and fun to play, which is really what made me dislike it. The puzzles were good and made me think a little, and the enemies were okay and all that, but they could have made it a bit more entertaining or at least spruced up the surroundings in the dungeon a bit.

Icetomeetyou

*brofist*
I hate the Temple of the Ocean King from Phantom Hourglass. It's so repetitive and boring. It's also really confusing the first time around.

I don't really like the first three dungeons in OoT. There's nothing that really gets me in them. It doesn't start to interest me until Forest Temple.

Though I adore Spirit Tracks, I think the Tower of Spirits was by far the worst thing I've encountered. The Tower of Spirits, to me, was just absolutely ridiculous. It's not that I hate it, or that it's too hard, it's just annoying.

I loved the Temple of the Ocean King from Phantom Hourglass. I was hoping that it would be a lot like it, just without the time limit. I didn't like the use of the Tears of Light, and I didn't really like the constant swapping of Phantoms in the later stages of the Tower of Spirits. The thing that annoyed me the most was the Hourglass puzzle in there, where you had to make Zelda step on the red tile and make her walk a certain path on some special floor and make an hourglass shape. There was almost no hint to that except for the random Phantom walking the same exact pattern.

I would have liked the Tower of Spirits a lot better if it was like the Temple of the Ocean King. The Temple of the Ocean King had challenge, and required quite a bit of thinking, such as planning on how to use your time wisely and some of its puzzles.

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
Skull woods frustrated me the most. For some reason there was one place where I kept getting lost, and the enemies were also frustrating until I figured out one of the tricks to defeating them. However, the design of the dungeon was pretty neat. So I don't hate it. Just have memories of annoyance associated with it.

Of the 3D titles, the Forsaken fortress. I kept getting caught in one of the last rooms and going all the way back to the jail. *sigh*

Last edited:
I really hate the City in the Sky, even though I loved TP. It's not that I find it hard, it's just I find it confusing.

S

Splidge

Shadow Temple. Hate it. Can't stand it, have to have a friend with me if I'm going to play past the boat room, I'm awful for getting scared by it. Either that or the Arbiter's Grounds for the same reasons - it scares me.

My all time favourite temple has to be the Temple of Time or the Spirit Temple, I love the design, the music, and the whole thing in general.

The Temple in the Sky didn't really bother me that much, what bothered me more was the all too easy boss. Same with the water temples in both TP and OoT, frustrating, but not so much that I hate them, with an anti climatic boss.

W

Wolfang31

The first dungeon from Wind Waker (Forsaken Fortress), it made me stop playing this game. Sorry for the cel-shading fans.

let me see... i hated: great palace (AOL) skull woods (Alttp) that ice dungeon (Alttp) stone tower temple (MM) forsaken fortress (WW) wind temple (WW) all dungeons (LOZ 2nd quest)

as for the one i particularly liked, i liked: all dungeons (OoT) all dungeons (particularly city in the sky) (TP) all dungeons (LoZ 1st quest)

i'll edit if i remember any others

Escohobita

King of Those Who Know
Hmmm....I can't say that I outright hate any dungeons that I have played through in Zelda games, but I can say that Spirit Temple in OoT kinda bored me. I just found it....uninteresting. I thought it was too weak of a temple (especially for a last dungeon) and that nothing really stood out in it. The boss fight was great, though and so was the music but those are really the only things the temple has going for it. It wasn't bad, I just thought it could have been improved.

Also, just for the sake of saying it and going against the grain here I absolutely loved Great Bay Temple and Water Temple. Yes they were hard but they weren't impossible and they really had you using your brain when going through those dungeons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom